Bong Cleaning Tips

If you soak your piece in water for an hour and then freeze it, after shaking out any excess water of course. when you take it out of the freezer add a little water and shake, the gunk slides off. and no worries about chem smells and residue. P.S. I thought this section was for people to "come Clean" about medicating. But, the thread is three pages long so I must be wrong.

Please dont use the coffee pot cleaning stuff. I worked for a computer service firm and got in early but never first. I still remember getting the first cup of joe early in the am and having the tissue of my mouth peel off -- literally. Someone must have been paid to come in every am and clean the pots and put them on so that we all got amped up and would work real good. I say that because coffee was free. There was an industrial maker/warmer stationed on every floor. After a cup or two of that I started bringing my own in from outside and kept instant in my drawer for emergencies. Please dont use it. Yuk! Yuk! Yuk!

• 8 years later...

I have used a couple of ounces of rubbing alcohol with some rock salt. The salt does not dissolve like it does in water and with some swishing around, acts as grit to help scrub off the gunk. Rinse it with water.

If you want it to sparkle, a little vinegar rinse will help. Again, then rinse thoroughly with water to remove all residual alcohol and vinegar. It should not smell like either alcohol or vinegar when done rinsing

• 7 months later...

If there are traces of soot left, i use grits, pour it into a bong and shake it slightly. Acrylic devices require more careful handling. I also like to use steamroller pipes because they are much easier to clean and leave no smell when cleaned properly. So I often carry it with me to smoke somewhere in nature and not take a Bong for this. It has many advantages which you can read about in the article here https://urbanaroma.com/what-is-a-steamroller-pipe/ and decide for yourself whether it suits you.

Edited by Drakus

• 2 years later...