Looking For A Good Organic Soil Mix For First Time Grower No Nonscence Easy Grow For Great Meds

schwinnbiker420

Fox Farms Ocean Forest.

$25 a bag at almost every shop.

You MUST keep the pH of the water you give them at 6.8-7.2... Any water with a pH below 6.6 and you will begin having nutrient availability problems.

It's the absolute BEST organic soil mixture you can use. Use it from seed to bud with very little need for adding fertilizer. Near mid-bloom phase you will need to add some more potassium. Fox Farms Big Bloom helps out TREMENDOUSLY during bloom.

Don't use ProMix, you'll run into a lot of problems...

Don't use ProMix...........................................

WHY ?

I use " Pro Mix BX Biofungicide "

I've grown some Very Nice Lady's ...

Some of the Best Tasting Meds I've ever tasted ...

I've been using it for almost 8 months and have

never had a Bug Problem... All My plants are Very Healthy ...

Of Course i use " Smart Pots " which work Perfect for Me ....

All w/ Photo to Prove

Well the problem with Premier ProMix is that most, if not all, of thier soil mixes (ESPECIALLY the fungicidial soils) are clearly NOT organic.

Here is the product site for the BX Biofungicide - http://www.premierho...orticulture.htm [click on 'with biofungicide', then click the 'bx', first one on the list]

Looking under "Components" you can see a short listing of some of the stuff in the soil. Now everything on that list seems cool until you get down to Macronutrients, Micronutrients and then Wetting Agent. Now if you read the BAG to see what those three elements consist of themselves, you'll clearly see that it is definitely NOT organic.

The only organic line of ProMix is this line of soils - http://www.premierho.../fGardening.htm [click on 'Pro-Mix Organic Media' on the left hand menu]

What's really unfortunate is that the ProMix organic soils are fairly good considering thier low price but they are hard to find in local stores. You almost HAVE to purchase it online... I have used thier 'Ultimate Organic Mix' on multiple occasions. Mostly were in soil comparison trial runs. So far nothing has beat the simplicity and organic compounds of Fox Farms Ocean Forest.

The PM Ultimate Organic Mix is darn good stuff but the nutrients in the mix do not last long at all. You get maybe 1 month of use out of 1 gallon of soil (for a cannabis plant) before you start noticing deficiencies. At $8 a bag on EBay I suppose it speaks for itsself as to why. "You get what you pay for", in some cases. This is definitely one of them.

Premier makes some good stuff, no doubt about that. But if organic is what you're looking for, Pro-Mix is NOT the product you want to be using. It's simply not cost effective either way you look at it, from an organic point of view. But if staying organic is not a concern then Pro-Mix is probably the next best soil medium.

From my experience with the Pro-Mix soils though, thier soils have the tendancy to be unstable, quite similar to Miracle Grow soils actually, in the aspect of nutrient levels within the soil. Because 90% if thier soils contain non-organic nutrient compounds sometimes certain nutrients will be available to the plants in extremely toxic levels. I'm actually amazed you havn't had any issues yet... Actually I find it quite hard to believe.

Either way, the bottom line is the stuff you're using is not organic. The guy asked for an organic soil medium. Just sayin'...mellow.gif

pro-mix is actually a soil-less mix thus the reason that it "runs out" of nutrients and requires micro-nutrient additions. Their ultimate organic line can be found at some Menards for under 6 bucks a bag and is probably the greatest medium I have used if you know how to augment it properly. Its no nonsense right out of the bag. WITH MYCORRHIZAL FUNGI BUILT IN!

Well the problem with Premier ProMix is that most, if not all, of thier soil mixes (ESPECIALLY the fungicidial soils) are clearly NOT organic.

Here is the product site for the BX Biofungicide - http://www.premierho...orticulture.htm [click on 'with biofungicide', then click the 'bx', first one on the list]

Looking under "Components" you can see a short listing of some of the stuff in the soil. Now everything on that list seems cool until you get down to Macronutrients, Micronutrients and then Wetting Agent. Now if you read the BAG to see what those three elements consist of themselves, you'll clearly see that it is definitely NOT organic.

The only organic line of ProMix is this line of soils - http://www.premierho.../fGardening.htm [click on 'Pro-Mix Organic Media' on the left hand menu]

What's really unfortunate is that the ProMix organic soils are fairly good considering thier low price but they are hard to find in local stores. You almost HAVE to purchase it online... I have used thier 'Ultimate Organic Mix' on multiple occasions. Mostly were in soil comparison trial runs. So far nothing has beat the simplicity and organic compounds of Fox Farms Ocean Forest.

The PM Ultimate Organic Mix is darn good stuff but the nutrients in the mix do not last long at all. You get maybe 1 month of use out of 1 gallon of soil (for a cannabis plant) before you start noticing deficiencies. At $8 a bag on EBay I suppose it speaks for itsself as to why. "You get what you pay for", in some cases. This is definitely one of them.

Premier makes some good stuff, no doubt about that. But if organic is what you're looking for, Pro-Mix is NOT the product you want to be using. It's simply not cost effective either way you look at it, from an organic point of view. But if staying organic is not a concern then Pro-Mix is probably the next best soil medium.

From my experience with the Pro-Mix soils though, thier soils have the tendancy to be unstable, quite similar to Miracle Grow soils actually, in the aspect of nutrient levels within the soil. Because 90% if thier soils contain non-organic nutrient compounds sometimes certain nutrients will be available to the plants in extremely toxic levels. I'm actually amazed you havn't had any issues yet... Actually I find it quite hard to believe.

Either way, the bottom line is the stuff you're using is not organic. The guy asked for an organic soil medium. Just sayin'...mellow.gif

Like I said, I've NEVER had a issue with ProMix(BX), and I really wouldn't put in in the same class as MG but whatever. I have a few friends who've been using it for years as well with nothing but success. I have some pics posted here, they tell the truth regardless.

Of course I add some other things to my ProMix so it works best for me.

Your correct about true organic though. Its not...

pro-mix is actually a soil-less mix thus the reason that it "runs out" of nutrients and requires micro-nutrient additions.

Yes thank you, I completely forgot to mention that as well! And I can't believe I even called it soil! Doh!

More like peat moss with a highly fertilized wetting agent... laugh.gif

Their ultimate organic line can be found at some Menards for under 6 bucks a bag and is probably the greatest medium I have used if you know how to augment it properly.

I think the idea here is an organic SOIL medium that doesn't require any amending. The Ultimate Organic Mix was supposed to be exactly that, the ultimate organic mix. Turns out it wasn't.

Like I said, I've NEVER had a issue with ProMix(BX), and I really wouldn't put in in the same class as MG but whatever. I have a few friends who've been using it for years as well with nothing but success. I have some pics posted here, they tell the truth regardless.

Of course I add some other things to my ProMix so it works best for me.

Your correct about true organic though. Its not...

But see, you're not using JUST the Pro-Mix media. No it's not in the same "class" as Miracle Grow soils because it is a soil-less medium. I simply compared the two for thier non-organic nutrient compounds and the very similar nutrient instability within the media. But they are indeed very different...

For a no nonsense medium you sure do have to do a lot of amending and fertilizing to get this stuff to turn out good crops. I always thought a no nonsense mix is usually one where you just pack it into a pot, put the seed in, water and let nature do it's thing...

Fox Farms Ocean Forest is the closest you will ever get to that AND it's completely organic.

I really don't think Pro-Mix is the best thing for beginners here... Not to mention the majority of thier media, is far from organic.

Yes thank you, I completely forgot to mention that as well! And I can't believe I even called it soil! Doh!

More like peat moss with a highly fertilized wetting agent... laugh.gif

I think the idea here is an organic SOIL medium that doesn't require any amending. The Ultimate Organic Mix was supposed to be exactly that, the ultimate organic mix. Turns out it wasn't.

But see, you're not using JUST the Pro-Mix media. No it's not in the same "class" as Miracle Grow soils because it is a soil-less medium. I simply compared the two for thier non-organic nutrient compounds and the very similar nutrient instability within the media. But they are indeed very different...

For a no nonsense medium you sure do have to do a lot of amending and fertilizing to get this stuff to turn out good crops. I always thought a no nonsense mix is usually one where you just pack it into a pot, put the seed in, water and let nature do it's thing...

Fox Farms Ocean Forest is the closest to that you will ever get to that AND it's completely organic.

I really don't think Pro-Mix is the best thing for beginners here... Not to mention the majority of thier media, is far from organic.

Well brother, I'm not trying to argue with you or anything like that, its all good. That being said though, I think FFOF would be worse for a newbie as most forget that it has a good months worth of nutes already inside. I know a lot of people that complain about burn right off the bat with FFOF, then add a newbie that doesn't know its already loaded and adds other nutes! Disaster.

All I add to my ProMix is vermiculite, perlite and lime(ph balancer), and I still consider myself a beginner. ;)

What ever works best for you is what you should do... I'm just sharing some knowledge. Apply it how you will; interpret it how you like...

I have used FFOF for quite a long time. It works better than any conglamoration of non-organically fertilized peat moss you can find, from my experience. I have done side by side tests with a lot of this stuff. Unfortunately all my testing is done, not to prove anything to others but to help me learn what works best and what doesn't... Thus, I don't have evidence or pictures or fancy charts to prove my experimentation, so I don't expect to be treated as if I hold any kind of crediblity. But at least the shared knowledge is there. Whether one wants to take it with a grain of salt or take it into consideration is obviously up to the reader.

Like I said, whatever works for you is what you should do. But I HIGHLY recommend that no one rule out anything until they have actually TRIED it. Do a couple side by sides, you'll see where I'm coming from eventually.

I have shared my secrets with this community on more than one occasion. I have explained how to use FFOF from seed to bud with little effort and even how to use FFOF for clones! Yes, clones. I clone straight into FFOF soil with 95-100% success rate, everytime!

And for the record, I don't consider myself a beginner and I don't like to toot my own horn but I have ''been there done that'' with the Pro-Mix and all that... I'm just trying to help...

Best of luck.

promix or www.dairydooo.com

Promix is great using organic amendments and fertilizers.

Try this stuff out if you want an organic soil, it works great and you can use the bag as the planter easy peasy.

http://www.horticulturesource.com/product_info.php?products_id=5713

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT USE DAIRY DOO INDOORS (you will get bugs and mold),

well, I like to use a 50/50 mix of Promix(bx) and happy frog soil conditioner as a nice base. I do throw in some other stuff to keep things moving in the right direction (something with mycorrhizal is a must!)

What ever works best for you is what you should do... I'm just sharing some knowledge. Apply it how you will; interpret it how you like...

I have used FFOF for quite a long time. It works better than any conglamoration of non-organically fertilized peat moss you can find, from my experience. I have done side by side tests with a lot of this stuff. Unfortunately all my testing is done, not to prove anything to others but to help me learn what works best and what doesn't... Thus, I don't have evidence or pictures or fancy charts to prove my experimentation, so I don't expect to be treated as if I hold any kind of crediblity. But at least the shared knowledge is there. Whether one wants to take it with a grain of salt or take it into consideration is obviously up to the reader.

Like I said, whatever works for you is what you should do. But I HIGHLY recommend that no one rule out anything until they have actually TRIED it. Do a couple side by sides, you'll see where I'm coming from eventually.

I have shared my secrets with this community on more than one occasion. I have explained how to use FFOF from seed to bud with little effort and even how to use FFOF for clones! Yes, clones. I clone straight into FFOF soil with 95-100% success rate, everytime!

And for the record, I don't consider myself a beginner and I don't like to toot my own horn but I have ''been there done that'' with the Pro-Mix and all that... I'm just trying to help...

Best of luck.

Thanks so much for the help I'm totally green when it comes to this stuff but love all the insite I can get really looking for the easiest why to grw and later deal with all the problems that come when you really start to mess with you plants.It semms you know alot about this mediumand I have done some research also like the full organic because growing indoors.Want the best medis I can grow easy.Being a newbie really have to alot of research before growing want a good turn out cost to much to buy on the streets.Also are the grow bags good to grow in or should I go with buckets.My room will be around 8feet by 4feet only 6feet high.Thanks for the advise.

Thanks to everyone I'm looking for a why to grow my meds with the least lose of any plants.Can't afford the street prices anymore any and all advise is welcome I'm just new to this and never grown before so like to ask as many questions as possible to get everything right the first time and not screw anything up.So thank you and keep the advise coming.Any more help is also welcome.I'm going to go with a 1000 watt set up and my room is 8'by 4' by 6'feet tall.Straight organic easy no nonscence grow with best results for great meds.

1 part happy frog or ocean forest 1 part promix 1 part perlite , or mix in anyway you like 2part soil 1 part pro mix 1 part perlite, it works great any way you mix it, it all depends on how you feed and water.

also i highly recommend using a grow box with clay pellets on the bottom with pvc pipe in all 4 corners, than a layer of plastic coated chicken wire, than a layer of root cloth( thin felt, berlap, etc...) and at last your soil mix or soil less soil( promix ect..)

if you any ?'s get back with me

Man u guys are bustin my brain with all this fancy lingo. I am a new grower, started some from seed in miracle grow potting soil. They are up about 12 inches. Should I transplant to new soil or can I just add something to it? I water with miracle grow plant food every 7 days. Anyone hook me up with some advice?

Ever wonder why none of the mainstream horticultural shops, such as Superior Growers Supply or Grow Green Michigan, never carry ANY kind of Miracle Grow product?

It's mainly because the stuff is manufactured commercialized garbage. Even thier "organic" line of soil is not truly 100% organic. All MG soils have slow-release ingredients, all of which are NOT organic (even the organic line).

MG Soils are very unstable. Nutrients can be available to plants in toxic levels sometimes based on thier non-organic compounds, or not available in enough quantities other times also because of thier non-organic compounds. The slow-release feature really makes an unstable soil.

Will it work? Absoltutely. It will grow a plant. However, to maximize your cannabis plants potential and ensure you have safe, organic, clean medicine I highly recommend steering clear of Mircale Grow, or any other line of media that is non-organic for that matter.

My advice to you brotha, change soils ASAP. When you transplant, get those ladies into something a little more stable and a little more organic. Fox Farms Ocean Forest is excellent and that's what I would recommend using. Also, STOP USING THE MIRACLE GROW FERTILIZER!

One more piece of advice, READ. Read read read...

Archived