Need Sum New Dirt

sknkwrks

I use the exact same mix but I switch out the perlite for light warrior and add perlite until desired fluffyness. I would also like more available N, via fertilzer or I was thinking about using alfelfa pellets or some kind of slow release N instead.

Light warrior is a nice way to get some extra mycorrhizae in the mix but it's really mostly perlite. You can buy mycorrhizae sold seperately and do just as well as you can with that light warrior and save some cash.

Light warrior is a nice way to get some extra mycorrhizae in the mix but it's really mostly perlite. You can buy mycorrhizae sold seperately and do just as well as you can with that light warrior and save some cash.

I honestly cant tell the difference between the snake oils, rocket fuels, and cannabis specific products. If anyone has some good experiences with any mycorrhizae products then please let me know(except AN to expensive, trying to save money)

This is why I use worm castings with the Ocean Forest. It's great and even a little hot at first but in the end plants grown in pure FFOF need some nitrogen and other nutes after a few weeks. The worm castings provide a great non urea based nitrogen. They don't make your buds taste harsh like most nitrogen will.

now that i have already transplanted and started the flower wouldnt it be a lil late to add worm castings? What are your thoughts on using the worm castings to make a tea and water them with that????

• 1 month later...

I also use straight ocean forest with much success just because I get it for under 20$ a bag and it works....My friend has also been growing with Ocean forest for along time but he claims its better to mix 1 part light warrior 2 parts ocean forest... I am reading online it seems a lot of people are now going from ocean forest to the 'Roots Organic' I can't get that locally but I really want to try it, a lot of credible people claim that it is much better than ocean forest.

I start seedlings in straight ocean forest and never had a problem with them.

I have burnt plants with ocean forest when feeding heavy in addition to using the soil....I found what works best for me is just light feedings of the big bloom (bat guano+worm castings) and I use molasses every watering in flowering, with this combination the plants stay pretty green and healthy all the way thru usually. I put them into flower after about 3 to 4 weeks of veg and it makes it till the end just fine no major problems usually.

sometimes I will use the foxfarm micro nutrients each one time and the tigerbloom one time also during bloom but I keep my feedings MORE than a week apart and 25%-50% recommended dosage - but some strains don't need all this and are fine with just big bloom and molasses, I just go off what the plants are telling me.

I am getting these results using 3.5 gallon pots of ocean forest and 1600W of HPS lighting - I get typically 3 to 6 oz per plant depending on strain & Veg TIME (I veg for as long as 8 weeks sometimes), it is very flavorful always and often very aromatic - not bad for a total amateur :P

here my ocean forest mix per bag. Oh, I start seeds and clones right in the stuff without issue so it's not to hot for young plants.

my mix

forest @ 1 bag

1 small bag large chunky perlite or 4 large coffee cans full per bag. ( I get the big bags cuz there cheaper so use the can for adding to the mix ).

3 tsp great white

3 tbls gardening lime

4 tbls earthworm castings.

I start feed at week 4 and feed every other time thru-out the grow with all the foxfarm nutes including additives and magic-cal at 5ml per feeding. I use r/o water and feed at 2000ppms thru mid bloom then back-off and follow the chart. Water only last 2 weeks and your good.

here my ocean forest mix per bag. Oh, I start seeds and clones right in the stuff without issue so it's not to hot for young plants.

my mix

forest @ 1 bag

1 small bag large chunky perlite or 4 large coffee cans full per bag. ( I get the big bags cuz there cheaper so use the can for adding to the mix ).

3 tsp great white

3 tbls gardening lime

4 tbls earthworm castings.

I start feed at week 4 and feed every other time thru-out the grow with all the foxfarm nutes including additives and magic-cal at 5ml per feeding. I use r/o water and feed at 2000ppms thru mid bloom then back-off and follow the chart. Water only last 2 weeks and your good.

you can use way way more earthworm castings, they can barely notice that much I think

Archived