Obama Visits Kalamazoo

There is a difference between making excuses and pointing out the cause of a particular problem. President Obama took office under possibly the most difficult circumstances ever, compliments of not just Bush, but every administration beginning with R. Reagan. The true "putz" is one that somehow believes that all of the policies and priorities that brought us into this mess somehow vanish when the new guy gets into office. And with the wave of some magic wand 30 years of horrible trade policy, deficit spending, raiding social security, and foolish war-mongering somehow should all just disappear. Get real.

Right on Ray!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate Obama all you want. Can't say I care for him too much myself. BUT, without the hands off directive to the DEA I wouldn't be posting ANYTHING at this site or any other. We're not facing the same problems that the first caregivers/patients in Ca. faced so long ago. What if a GWBush gets elected next and frees the DEA to persue us at will?

Man I wish I knew how to attatch a youtube video because it has the president Obama responding to this exact point in question. If anyone knows how to post a youtube video look up obama and medical marijuana. There is an interview from 2008 that will clear everything up. So somebody help me out. As far as someone saying the medical marijuana laws were passed by GWS admin thats hilarious, it was states passing there own laws on this issue and his admin was there to raid and shut down all the progress.

listen the war on drugs is not going to stop with BO again look who he picked for his DEA,there is money in division for them,be they repubs or dems they dont givt a crap,they keep us divided between red/blue,black/white,its a pay check for them.

http://current.com/news/92051369_marijuana-activists-stunned-over-obamas-bush-era-pick-for-dea.htm

way to take this feel good thread of a personal nature and destroy it. he came to a MMJ tolerant town to speak at a HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION and it's turned into a pissing contest about who can hate more.

mods, isn't there a hate government thread this can be moved to?

the most the last three presidents have done in West Michigan was fly in to pick up a check from boosters and special interests groups.

this administration is not Extreme Home Makeover where they move the bus and america is exactly what _you_ want it to be at the end of the hour. geesh.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

OK look guys and gals!!

Being African isn't racist. Obama's linage means he's African (Barack Hussein OBAMA, Sr. of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya).

Get off your misguided political correctness horse(Its not ok to say true statements like he's African? Should he be ashamed to be African? Is African a derogatory term?) and quit sending reports. The "Lion" joke has been reviewed by staff, and deemed ok with the exception of the one user that used the "N" word in a later post .

You guys sending in the mass reports need to lighten up.

To whoever saw the racist picture of Michelle Obama I'm sorry it was disgusting, to whoever took it off thank you. Some troll stuck the most repulsive picture that I have seen late last night. Its hard to believe that you can be involved in a movement thats based on compassion and have some of the members we have with their intolerence with other cultures, think about when people are intolerent about our movement you scream the loudest cause it affects you. Differing opinions or a good healthy debate are great but to take it to the level of racist pictures of someone tasteless.

OK look guys and gals!!

Being African isn't racist. Obama's linage means he's African (Barack Hussein OBAMA, Sr. of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya).

Get off your misguided political correctness horse(Its not ok to say true statements like he's African? Should he be ashamed to be African? Is African a derogatory term?) and quit sending reports. The "Lion" joke has been reviewed by staff, and deemed ok with the exception of the one user that used the "N" word in a later post .

You guys sending in the mass reports need to lighten up.

Thank you.

Obviously the vast majority of "We the PEOPLE" of Michigan / America are just a wee-bit frustrated that OUR VOICE, apparently, doesn't count for anything at all; Especially when knowing full well that the otherwise natural-born FREE-WILL of an otherwise FREE-THINKING PEOPLE residing upon this Worldly planet [who UNDERSTANDABLY do NOT WANT or NEED any other "Human" "Leaders" to make OUR PERSONAL CHOICES for us] clearly have no VOTE [that counts for anything tangible] in the desired course of our personal lives.

America, as most of us can see, is more and more becoming [even more so than it always has been] a place of oppression and government servitude.

Michigan / America: a place where people are blindly and often violently opposed to "Recreational" activities, such as health-invigorating gardening and partaking of the Wonderful, Healing Herbs of Nature's Creations.

Fellowship is NOT "Followship".

My "VOTE" is only for MY VERY OWN SELF-EXPRESSED, PERSONAL WILL to make MY VERY OWN FREE-MINDED CHOICES pertaining to MY PERSONAL LIFE; NOT the impossed, oppressive orders dictated upon me by any other person's WILL for ME to LIVE MY OWN LIFE by the orders of some tyrant who thinks they have a Manifest Destiny to control MY LIFE.

(by the way, the bold type is merely for emphasis - just so we know, I'm not yelling)

"What sorrow for you who buy up house after house and field after field, until everyone is evicted and you live alone in the land."

Be FREE

And, SHARE the HARVEST

I understand that the word African is not racist but you can make it racist with context. If people are so sure that its no biggie what we are talking about then start telling that joke to every African American you see and see if they find it amusing. Its also funny that we are deciding that saying African is ok but people on this site had a four page topic to help others quit calling medical marijuana Weed or Hooch or any of the other names that don't make it sounds so appealing.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I understand that the word African is not racist but you can make it racist with context. If people are so sure that its no biggie what we are talking about then start telling that joke to every African American you see and see if they find it amusing. Its also funny that we are deciding that saying African is ok but people on this site had a four page topic to help others quit calling medical marijuana Weed or Hooch or any of the other names that don't make it sounds so appealing.

First off I'm the one that deleted the post with the Michelle Obama pic. Was that offensive? Of course it was. Is the context of "A lying African" racist? Most certainly not. The "African" addition to the joke plays a secondary part tying the "African lion" (which is the correct term) to the "African liar". Unlike the majority that may call them selves "African-Americans", Barak actually has close roots to the African community though his father.

As far as the discussion on the term "weed" there's no tie in for your strawman argument. African was/is never deemed a derogatory term and holds no "stigma". It's the word that's currantly "PC".

Weed, dope, and like terms used to describe marijuana do have negative connotations to many in our towns,suburbs, and communities. Medication, and marijuana are PC terms so it was suggested to me to change the wording in some of the static content.

As far as telling the joke to any "African-Americans", since that's the term preferred at this moment I would have no problem repeating it. The punch line is that he's a liar....not that he's of African decent.

post-1643-12760067445339_thumb.jpg

I'm sure many of you guys know this young lady (Charlize Theron). She's African-American. Literally. More so then 99.99999999% of the people you'll find that have a different skin tone in the USA. Is she an African liar? We'll I'm sure shes lied at some point in her life, so I guess she fits the bill. Is this "racist" when you remove the skin tone different from that of our own? Don't be absurd.

In the end, all I ask is people quit sending in reports. If you don't like the joke, stay out of this thread. We've seen it. We've talked about it behind closed doors. We've made our decision.

not sure that my 2 cents is worth it, but i just typed this in the chat room:

i dunno, cant have your cake and eat it too i guess. i like that we can talk about whatever we want, but on the other hand crap like that isnt helping anyone with MMJ at all

------ that's the bottom line in my eyes i guess. the internet is a big place. there are millions of sites intended for conversations EXACTLY LIKE THESE. MMMA was intended for MMJ to be it's MAIN topic.

freedom of speech? heck yeah you have it. go stand in front of your local courthouse and say whatever you wish. there is a big difference between "free" speech, and "proper/moral" speech. there is a time and place for everything. as i have stated before, if you are in court and stand up in front of the judge and scream harsh/racial/fat jokes, they are going to remove you right? time and place for everything.

african = not racist.

n-word = racist.

african used on MMMA / n-word used with your homies while chillin' on the block. time and place.

once again, i really enjoy the fact that we can talk about anything here......... but have some common sense and decency folks. this isn't your living room. it's a VERY public forum.

Well I will first start out by saying again, I am not racist in any way. My family is a heins 57 of different races and backgrounds. I ment no harm in the joke that I wrote, I ment no disrespect in it. I did think it was funny, and my brother in law did too, he sent it to me, he is, and I am quoting him, "a half and half". I do believe that everyone took, what i put up, the wrong way.

Sorry to all that took what I put down in a negitive way. I am sorry that you felt disrespected, it was not my intent...

I posted this in the other thread before this thread was un-locked.

Referring to me as a Lying American would not be construed a racist statement. People too eager to play the race card. Yes nothing here in this thread to promote MMJ. Does it matter though, no? Other threads here address that. We need a steam-valve, life is not all about MMJ or all about any one thing. The fabric of life is woven with many multi-hued threads.

How has any thing changed since obama has come to office as far as his direct impact on marijuana? ??????

att00332.jpg

OK this is how I see the whole Obama medical marijuana impact thing. There is a topic started on this site that states Montana may reverse its MM law. You read the posts on it and people are saying man it could happen here, HELL YES IT CAN. Obama and the Attorney General Holder are on our side and most Democrats are on board, if your state voted it to be law then they back off. So there is a direct corrilation of who are the politians and what are the policies. This is my opinion and sometimes in politics you need to pick the lesser of the two evils in order to see your views become law or STAY LAW.

I'm sorry I was not going to keep this post going but I felt that it was relevant with the montana topic

Thanks

send the senator a letter,I did wth is the matter with these ppl,they always know whats best for us

"little" ppl? god Im sick to death of them all. If the dems were all on board with us then why arent they doing something to stop the reefer madness?

http://leg.mt.gov/css/sessions/61st/leg_info.asp?HouseID=0&SessionID=94&LAWSID=415

If the Dems try to take on the full on fight for MM they will be slammed to the ground. There are way too many serious issues we are facing in the nation, way to risky to put it at the forefront. I definately think they are doing as much as they can with as many problems as we have now.

P.S. can somebody tell me how to post a youtube video on this board. sorry still learning. Thanks

Man I wish I knew how to attatch a youtube video because it has the president Obama responding to this exact point in question. If anyone knows how to post a youtube video look up obama and medical marijuana. There is an interview from 2008 that will clear everything up. So somebody help me out. As far as someone saying the medical marijuana laws were passed by GWS admin thats hilarious, it was states passing there own laws on this issue and his admin was there to raid and shut down all the progress.

Is this the one?

Not sure if the embed will work, so I've included the link.

Thanx zombie

Archived