Obama Visits Kalamazoo

We have many proven methods for reducing the demand for drugs. Keeping drugs illegal reduces their availability and lessens willingness to use them. That is why this Administration firmly opposes the legalization of marijuana or any other illicit drug. Legalizing drugs would increase accessibility and encourage promotion and acceptance of use. Diagnostic, laboratory, clinical, and epidemiological studies clearly indicate that marijuana use is associated with dependence, respiratory and mental illness, poor motor performance, and cognitive impairment, among other negative effects, and legalization would only exacerbate these problems

thats a cut n paste from obamas 2010 drug war plan/strategy. the only thing that has CHANGED is the color of the crook that is oppressing us. I HOPE u can all see that. Haha those idiots said "many proven methods" ya they have proven they wont work yet out "change" president wants to keep trying the failed path.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have many proven methods for reducing the demand for drugs. Keeping drugs illegal reduces their availability and lessens willingness to use them. That is why this Administration firmly opposes the legalization of marijuana or any other illicit drug. Legalizing drugs would increase accessibility and encourage promotion and acceptance of use. Diagnostic, laboratory, clinical, and epidemiological studies clearly indicate that marijuana use is associated with dependence, respiratory and mental illness, poor motor performance, and cognitive impairment, among other negative effects, and legalization would only exacerbate these problems

thats a cut n paste from obamas 2010 drug war plan/strategy. the only thing that has CHANGED is the color of the crook that is oppressing us. I HOPE u can all see that. Haha those idiots said "many proven methods" ya they have proven they wont work yet out "change" president wants to keep trying the failed path.

A VERY "GRIPPING Post!

I was beginning to get pretty darn scared when I was reading that FIRST paragraph . . . until I read that it was a "cut and paste," and NOT your view.

Whew!

Double Whew!!

But then the real MAGNITUDE of your post suddendly hit me - nearly OVERWHELMED me, actually - and, then, I once again [sadly, but still HOPEFULLY] realized, as far as we've managed to make it "On Common Grounds," WE ALL STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO, to . . .

FREE the TREE!

And, FINALLY (Once and FOR ALL) TRULY . . . BE FREE!

(From Tyranny)

FREE the CURE!

1) I hate to tell you guys this, but there is not one viable candidate for president in this country right now that a) would have the guts to (or is crazy enough to) stand up a say we need to legalize mj, and b ) there is not one that would do that and still stand a chance at getting elected. The truth is that it isn't even yet politically acceptable for a national candidate to say MEDICAL mj should be legalized, let along recreational mj. Hell, they couldn't even get commercial hemp legalized right now without a bunch of spin and drama!

2) There are very few, if any, politicians in office now that would have the guts to say that, without expecting to have it used by their opponents, rightly or not, to try and have them thrown out of office.

3) The only reason Republicans and Tea Partiers are letting the Obama/Holder position slide without criticism (Obama Administration to Stop Raids on Medical Marijuana Dispensers http://www.nytimes.c.../19holder.html) is that state's rights have always been a hallmark of Republican policy. So, as much as Republicans would like to use this to say "Obama is soft on drugs", they can't, because it would make them look overtly hypocritical when it comes to their position that states should have the right to make their own laws (state's rights)

4) Do your own homework on a federal and local level and find out which party really IS most pro mmj (or pro cannabis period). I will bet you your favorite plant, and an ounce of your fave meds (or damned near anything else you wish to wager), that it will not be Republicans. Remember, it is a Dem, Barney Frank (yes, I know he is gay, but so what, lol) that is trying to introduce a federal law to end federal penalties for Americans carrying fewer than 100 grams!!!! You can bet money that if Republicans suddenly want to legalize weed, they WILL be getting paid to support that by some big corporation that wants to produce it and sell it, so that Washington can tax it.

In a shot at Republicans, Frank said it was strange that those who support limited government want to criminalize marijuana.

http://www.cnn.com/2...rank.marijuana/

Many of you like the POTUS and many of you don't. Okay, fine. Also, I'm not saying either left or right is overall any better than the other. They both get bought off by big pharma and tobacco, and if we let them, then they'll have mmj being produced by corporations, sold at pharmacies, and taxed even worse than alcohol and tobacco are.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived