Hard Knocks

I rarely write/blog or whatever about personal experiences, but I feel I must share this experience in order to take something productive and progressive out of it. So I went to my first CC last week and I must say that the overall experience along with the people was amazing to say the least. I got informed, had a few questions answered and socialized into the evening. I heard about compassion over and over and started to feel as if I've found the answer. People were very generous and eager to show their latest creations. I met some people who I could've easily known for 10 years already. I heard about price gouging, free medz, medz that aren't good enough, etc. My comfort level increased as the night went on and I let my initial guard down. I had planned on talking with a few of my new found friends in order to obtain some better madical strains for my patient. In the hurried last minutes of the CC meeting my desperation must've been a green light for a few vultures to swoop in, and swoop they did. To make a long scenario short, the compassion I heard about all night went right out the door with the true medical grade compassion. I was left with the decision to compensate at the street level or go home without a medical answer. Acting on my new found trust level among my new peers I followed through with my only option. This is where the story gets even better. Some more good people who advised me that I baisically just got shafted offered to help me out in a compassionate way. So still glowing from the inside outward with conversations about compassion and folks who care I listened yet again to my new found friends and decided to see what they where all about. Fall on my face number two. I was presented with the exact same option, but this time the grade was even less. I know what ya'll are thinking, I made the choice to do it. Yes I did, but believing in the spirit of compassion is what drove me. So here I am, legal card carrier, still lowering myself to street level encounters. Why must this still prevail in our NEW era. I don't have the answer. I can say this. To any NEW person going to CC, be cautious and take your time when looking for compassionate help. The vultures are lurking just as they are in any other life event. Don't be pushed or swayed in any other direction than your comfortable with because there are a few people out there who only want to profit off of your condition or desperation to eleviate condition symptoms. That's what I'm going to take away from this experience thus far. My CC days are far from over, I'm just wiser for it. I'll without a doubt get over my initial CC experience and move on to greener pastures, but maybe my experience will help someone who will be in the same shoes as I was last week. Compassion isn't measured by dollar signs - It levels out somewhere between human honesty and the selfless care for another human being. Good luck at your local CC and be very patient, I do believe there are those out there with true compassion.

Maiingan - New CareGiver

So you had to pay for strains or you had to pay for MMJ? Either way sounds right to me. I spent about $400 for seeds when I started, I don't understand why you think it should be free for you?

I have sense gave away many plants to keep my limit correct but those are to friends and people I can count on to give back to me if I ever have some trouble and kill off a strain.

So you had to pay for strains or you had to pay for MMJ? Either way sounds right to me. I spent about $400 for seeds when I started, I don't understand why you think it should be free for you?

I didn't expect free when I went there, I just BELIEVED after all the rhetoric, that it wouldn't be as financially burdening as it's always been. I'll take free just like the next man, but I never expected it. Compensation for the work involved is what I expect and I will continue to compensate. Thanks for your response and I appreciate your bluntness and honesty.

Maiingan

420Peace Maiingan,

It was nice meeting your Wife and you last thursday at the Hazel Park CC

Regarding your post, I feal you...

We all may have had these feelings about our Medical Marijuana Community one time or another.

I wonder if these feeling are because we are on the Frontier in a Medical Marijuana Culture War and sometimes we act like we are at war with ourself instead.

We are stronger when we direct all are energy against the Marijuana Haters

For me the Good in our croud has always outshined the negitive...

The 3ma is the place to be!

Hey maii!

I havent been to one yet! But I know of the so called compasion you speak of. Dont let a few bad apples scare you!,,This site here will find you good people, I have met, talked and dealt with people from here, once the comfort level is there than call that person, PM me some time, I have some realy good storys to tell you wink.gif

I kinda have a problem when people look down on so called street level weed! especialy since I and alot of my friends always grew good, no Great smoke, that sold on the street! I am not a fake qualifying patient, I did not go to a thc clinic to get my rec, I had a dr. give me a rec and I now see that dr. on a regular basis, Im 47 yrs old I have been around grass all my life, I have made money on it for so long(wish i would have paid selfemployment tax on it, id be getting a bigger disability check) I have always been fair, I have always had a steady customer base, most times when I had to get commercial, the people I got that from wound up getting from me! in fact now the person (street level ) I get from, comes to me for a joint when he runs out, because he knows I wont run out!

Just because I am legal for mm, does not make me better than the people who are not legal, because of choice or they dont qualify! most of my grow buddies think im fricking crazy for registering with the state, I have offered many to be my c.g, they flat out say Hell No! they dont want to be in no registry! now these people are mostly my age or older, and have not had any probs with the law, they all own homes, have jobs and are good productive citizens, they are not street level thugs, they enjoy good smoke as much as me and you and all of us here! I truly believe we need to get off of our HIGH Horses, and not look down at all street level dealers, there are good ones and bad ones, just like in any other part of life!

Too many people on here think their sheet dont stink cause they are legal! You aint no dif than the guy out there smoking ilegal, the only dif is our dumb asses let the state put us on a registry, now they no for sure we use WEED, and for the folks in the trenches fighting for their freedom who are legal, I bet they dont feel that safe? they get their sheet taken, get arrested, have to go to court for over a yr, life hanging in balance, prob afraid to grow! LEGAL legal my arse! I have been thru 2 court cases since becoming legal! wtf good does being legal do me? I still had to fight for my freedom and pay for it, I lost my sheet! I have nothing personal against you in fact I enjoyed talking with you the other day on chat! I dont know where you came from? but I do know where I came from, and Im welcome back there anytime! I hope you are too!

Free the WEED!

Legalize for everyone!

Peace

Jim

I didn't expect free when I went there, I just BELIEVED after all the rhetoric, that it wouldn't be as financially burdening as it's always been. I'll take free just like the next man, but I never expected it. Compensation for the work involved is what I expect and I will continue to compensate. Thanks for your response and I appreciate your bluntness and honesty.

Maiingan

[/quote

420Peace Maingan,

Prices are too high and will start to come down as we all help...

' Over Grow The Price'

I think that their is a bit of an elist mindset among the people who can grow MMJ rather then the people who are legal not legal. This is where the crux of the argument begins when it comes to pricing.

Thanks for the feedback fellas, no offense taken. I appreciate the comments and anticipate a variety of responses. Overall, I still feel the sense of camaraderie as the basis of this entire movement. Keep the feedback coming, how else can we move forward without communication.

Peace

Good Post, Peeps.

Got me to thinkin' about the definition and extent of the act of "Compassion"; So, I "Googled" "COMPASSION" and here's what Wikipedia had to say about that in the opening paragraph:

Compassion (from Latin: "co-suffering") is a virtue — one in which the emotional capacities of empathy and sympathy (for the suffering of others) are regarded as a cornerstone of greater social interconnectedness and humanism — equivalent to the highest principles in philosophy, society, and personhood.

Sounds about right to me.

But, nothing in there about Sharing the Wonderful, Healing Herb - Cannabis.

What's up w/that?!

For sure, we'll have to keep working at that.

Here's the link, for anyone interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassion

No one I know, personally, has ever been to a MMMA related "Compassion Club"; And, likely, most - if not all - never will. But, that being so, we all know The Spirit will always provide what the body and soul needs to thrive and survive.

And, "Spirit" always provides "Our Community" of believers and partakers with plenty to share - as The Spirit Leads.

Even if it usually is the corner of the bag.

Or the "last" of the stash . . .

Or, the scrapings from the bowl . . .

Or, the last "bug".

: /

: ]

: )

"Behold the fowls of the air. {Spirit} feeds the birds without their sowing or reaping, but they do the work for which they were created, and {Spirit} takes care of them. So, too, will {Spirit} take care of us--not in idleness or improvidence--but if we do the work for which we are created."

"{Spirit} gives food to the wild animals and feeds the young ravens when they cry."

"They all wait for You To give them their food in due season."

"When you supply it, they gather it. You open your hand to feed them, and they are richly satisfied."

May the Spirit of Health and Healing reward your compassionate hearts.

Be FREE!

And, Share the Compassion

Good Post, Peeps.

Got me to thinkin' about the definition and extent of the act of "Compassion"; So, I "Googled" "COMPASSION" and here's what Wikipedia had to say about that in the opening paragraph:

Compassion (from Latin: "co-suffering") is a virtue — one in which the emotional capacities of empathy and sympathy (for the suffering of others) are regarded as a cornerstone of greater social interconnectedness and humanism — equivalent to the highest principles in philosophy, society, and personhood.

Sounds about right to me.

But, nothing in there about Sharing the Wonderful, Healing Herb - Cannabis.

What's up w/that?!

For sure, we'll have to keep working at that.

Here's the link, for anyone interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassion

No one I know, personally, has ever been to a MMMA related "Compassion Club"; And, likely, most - if not all - never will. But, that being so, we all know The Spirit will always provide what the body and soul needs to thrive and survive.

And, "Spirit" always provides "Our Community" of believers and partakers with plenty to share - as The Spirit Leads.

Even if it usually is the corner of the bag.

Or the "last" of the stash . . .

Or, the scrapings from the bowl . . .

Or, the last "bug".

: /

: ]

"Behold the fowls of the air. {Spirit} feeds the birds without their sowing or reaping, but they do the work for which they were created, and {Spirit} takes care of them. So, too, will {Spirit} take care of us--not in idleness or improvidence--but if we do the work for which we are created."

"{Spirit} gives food to the wild animals and feeds the young ravens when they cry."

"They all wait for You To give them their food in due season."

"When you supply it, they gather it. You open your hand to feed them, and they are richly satisfied."

May the Spirit of Health and Healing reward your compassionate hearts.

Be FREE!

And, Share the Compassion

Thanx bro, Keweenaw hey, I grew up in Baraga, born and raised...Living in Detroit now.

Good to meet you

Thanx bro, Keweenaw hey, I grew up in Baraga, born and raised...Living in Detroit now.

Good to meet you

Boozhoo!

Baraga (county) Rocks, for sure!

Pequaming;

Sand Point;

Point Abbaye;

Silver Mountain;

Sturgeon River Gorge;

Huron Bay;

Keweenaw Bay;

Kitchi Kummi

And, on and on and on . . .

Cheers to kindling the "8th Fire".

Gakiina Awiiya

Be FREE!

Boozhoo!

Baraga (county) Rocks, for sure!

Pequaming;

Sand Point;

Point Abbaye;

Silver Mountain;

Sturgeon River Gorge;

Huron Bay;

Keweenaw Bay;

Kitchi Kummi

And, on and on and on . . .

Cheers to kindling the "8th Fire".

Gakiina Awiiya

Be FREE!

KBIC Member #5335 - Boozhoo!!!

Sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience with the CC. One thing that we are all going to have to have in all of this is patience. I've been involved in this from the very beginning and believe that it will be a couple of years before we will be able to fulfill Michigan's needs for quality medicine. About 80% of the caregivers out there are going to fail to deliver what they promise, there is a learning curve to growing quality meds and far too many caregivers try to go directly to a full contingency of patients, rather than building up slowly. I encourage anyone who wants to be a caregiver to spend some time learning...reading, reading, reading...how to grow, long before they put that first seed in the ground. I also advise those same c/g's to slowly build up thier clientele...start with one, possibly two patients, get to where you can supply thier needs, then add another. Once you are able to assist three, move on to adding a fourth and so on. Attempting to grow for 5-6 patients at one time is most certainly daunting and for most, a sure way to fail.

Presently, there are far too many factors aligned against us, for prices to show any moderation. Sure there are some great c/g's out there who are able to supply top notch products for a fair price. Unfortunately, they are few and far between.

Be persistant, all of you patients. If your caregiver is not performing to your expectations, you may have to lower your sites a bit, cuz they are still learning how to do this. If your caregiver can't supply you after 4-5 months, then the odds are that they never will be able to. Some see the 'black market' as too enticing and divert. Others, who's hearts are in the right place, can't supply because they aren't gifted with a green thumb. There are just so many variables involved here...

So, please don't give up on the community just because you've met some of the bad apples, we (all the good apples) are still out there, trying to make the journey a bit less rough for all involved, but, we can only assist so many, then we are depleted also. Keep attending those CC meetings and don't expect too much...then one day you get the pleasant surprise of running into that person out there who understands the meaning of compassion and is a quality grower and you'll stop being frustrated by all of the b.s. and be a happy camper.

Peace...j.b.

Sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience with the CC. One thing that we are all going to have to have in all of this is patience. I've been involved in this from the very beginning and believe that it will be a couple of years before we will be able to fulfill Michigan's needs for quality medicine. About 80% of the caregivers out there are going to fail to deliver what they promise, there is a learning curve to growing quality meds and far too many caregivers try to go directly to a full contingency of patients, rather than building up slowly. I encourage anyone who wants to be a caregiver to spend some time learning...reading, reading, reading...how to grow, long before they put that first seed in the ground. I also advise those same c/g's to slowly build up thier clientele...start with one, possibly two patients, get to where you can supply thier needs, then add another. Once you are able to assist three, move on to adding a fourth and so on. Attempting to grow for 5-6 patients at one time is most certainly daunting and for most, a sure way to fail.

Presently, there are far too many factors aligned against us, for prices to show any moderation. Sure there are some great c/g's out there who are able to supply top notch products for a fair price. Unfortunately, they are few and far between.

Be persistant, all of you patients. If your caregiver is not performing to your expectations, you may have to lower your sites a bit, cuz they are still learning how to do this. If your caregiver can't supply you after 4-5 months, then the odds are that they never will be able to. Some see the 'black market' as too enticing and divert. Others, who's hearts are in the right place, can't supply because they aren't gifted with a green thumb. There are just so many variables involved here...

So, please don't give up on the community just because you've met some of the bad apples, we (all the good apples) are still out there, trying to make the journey a bit less rough for all involved, but, we can only assist so many, then we are depleted also. Keep attending those CC meetings and don't expect too much...then one day you get the pleasant surprise of running into that person out there who understands the meaning of compassion and is a quality grower and you'll stop being frustrated by all of the b.s. and be a happy camper.

Peace...j.b.

Thanx Bro

KBIC Member #5335 - Boozhoo!!!

Certainly more than a pleasure to make your aquaintance!

Sure glad to see that us Keweenawans have "homies" across The Bridge.

As for me, though I am not an enrolled member of the KBIC, myself, even though I know many people from "The Bay" area who are, I am an "adopted" Family member of the Psito Luta Gleska Oyate ("Spotted Red Bead People").

My wife (of mixed Native Heritage, herself) and I were adopted into the Way of the Red Road by a Cherokee/Lakota elder, while working here in the Land Where Food Grows Upon the Waters, along with several Traditional Elders of the Great Lakes bands of Ojibway, Potawatomi, Ottawa, and Ho-Chunk representatives, as well as other First Nations Peoples, and [more "modern day"] migrating Peoples of "European" heritage, such as the Finns and Swedes, etc., to help save and preserve the wonderful waters and lands of the Keweenaw - for We The People.

While traveling the Sacred Highway of "The Red Road Philosophy," we were graciously adopted into The Sacred Way by Tatanka Ska (White Buffalo), (since crossed-over) Keeper of Sitting Bull's Sacred Pipe, about a decade or so ago.

Aka, Dr. James Gillihan, Tatanka Ska himself was marvelously HEALED of cancer by Nature's Way of a Sacred Pipe Ceremony.

We do our best (as humans are enabled in this present Earthly form) to Share The Way of The Red Road.

I have many friends who are also enrolled members of the KBIC.

And, of course, some who, by choice or otherwise, are not.

May Spirit guide us ALL who are Seeking The Way together.

WHEN Spirit LEADs YOU to sojourn here in the Keweenaw, may we all share the Sacred Aroma of the Wonderful Herb, together, in Hopes of Sharing in the HEALING of our Creater's still worldly-lost [and so needlessly suffering] Souls.

(pfft, pfft, pass . . . : )

Be FREE!

And, Share the Harvest

Peace...j.b.

That was SO WELL said.

Thanks!

FREE the TREE

Thanks for Sharing " Maiingan "

I feel for you Big Time ... Trust Me ,

Jane & i went to a meeting one time

and it turned out to be a Total Nightmare ...

even if it was a big mis-understanding and

my fault for not letting it go ...

I received personal Threats against my Life from

members of their group in emails ...

So i learned a Valueable Lesson ...

But i did Not Give Up ...

I keep going to other Meetings and found people that

had similiar hopes and dreams as i did ...

It takes time " Maiingan " , There are some really compassionate

People out there , Most of them are Very Carefull Right Now

Because they still Fear the Law , which i cannot blame them ...

Hey maii!

I havent been to one yet! But I know of the so called compasion you speak of. Dont let a few bad apples scare you!,,This site here will find you good people, I have met, talked and dealt with people from here, once the comfort level is there than call that person, PM me some time, I have some realy good storys to tell you wink.gif

I kinda have a problem when people look down on so called street level weed! especialy since I and alot of my friends always grew good, no Great smoke, that sold on the street! I am not a fake qualifying patient, I did not go to a thc clinic to get my rec, I had a dr. give me a rec and I now see that dr. on a regular basis, Im 47 yrs old I have been around grass all my life, I have made money on it for so long(wish i would have paid selfemployment tax on it, id be getting a bigger disability check) I have always been fair, I have always had a steady customer base, most times when I had to get commercial, the people I got that from wound up getting from me! in fact now the person (street level ) I get from, comes to me for a joint when he runs out, because he knows I wont run out!

Just because I am legal for mm, does not make me better than the people who are not legal, because of choice or they dont qualify! most of my grow buddies think im fricking crazy for registering with the state, I have offered many to be my c.g, they flat out say Hell No! they dont want to be in no registry! now these people are mostly my age or older, and have not had any probs with the law, they all own homes, have jobs and are good productive citizens, they are not street level thugs, they enjoy good smoke as much as me and you and all of us here! I truly believe we need to get off of our HIGH Horses, and not look down at all street level dealers, there are good ones and bad ones, just like in any other part of life!

Too many people on here think their sheet dont stink cause they are legal! You aint no dif than the guy out there smoking ilegal, the only dif is our dumb asses let the state put us on a registry, now they no for sure we use WEED, and for the folks in the trenches fighting for their freedom who are legal, I bet they dont feel that safe? they get their sheet taken, get arrested, have to go to court for over a yr, life hanging in balance, prob afraid to grow! LEGAL legal my arse! I have been thru 2 court cases since becoming legal! wtf good does being legal do me? I still had to fight for my freedom and pay for it, I lost my sheet! I have nothing personal against you in fact I enjoyed talking with you the other day on chat! I dont know where you came from? but I do know where I came from, and Im welcome back there anytime! I hope you are too!

Free the WEED!

Legalize for everyone!

Peace

Jim

Jim what up homie, Ive been bouncing around the state to take a closer look at the market. So far ive seen very little compassion. Dont get me wrong ive seen it, but not much. There are more paitents then meds it seems so the market is booming. I saw a oz of some half a** indoor that this guy was claming was from the gods go for 450.00 it was disgusting. With that said, people need to think and stop over paying for meds ive smoked medical grade mj for a few years now and when i bought it of the streets by the zip it was 3 bills. Thats what the market was so thats what i paid. So if your a cg and pumping up the price i say shame on you. The people who grow the real meds will eventully shine. Growing meds is not just getting a light and a seed its a life style and alot of work and science. Peace. Oh and Jim pm me we should get together soon.

Archived