Powercompact Light?

tooldini

I have a 180w powercompact light that I used for my mini reef aquarium. If I remove the actinic blue bulb and replace with a sunlight bulb would this work in my vegetation area of my room? would that be enough light to veg some plants for a few weeks or so?

I have a 180w powercompact light that I used for my mini reef aquarium. If I remove the actinic blue bulb and replace with a sunlight bulb would this work in my vegetation area of my room? would that be enough light to veg some plants for a few weeks or so?

Absolutely a lot of grow lights started off as aquarium lights .

What is the dimension of the fixture how many bulbs?

thanks guys it is 48" 2 bulbs so 2 90w bulbs. I have not checked online to see about new bulbs or anthing yet. Wired Zooanthinds are my favorite, also love mushrooms and star polyps. I had some sweet fluorescent green stars that were rare and cost a ton and over a couple weeks a caribean fireworm at most of the colony. I caught him 1 month later. 10 months later slime algae took over and it ended up calling it quits,, that stuff is tough to get rid of. I think I had insufficiant light though for growing corals very well. I miss my mini reed LOL

Yes they should work very well for vegetative growth phase. I would replace the Actinics with 10000K or 6400K if possible.

The actinics would be better for added oil production through bloom phase.

Ooooo tell us more this sounds interesting. :mellow:

Archived