Caregiver To Caregiver Legal?

Bigbudz

Guest Wayne

Remeber when cannabis was illegal and you couldn't transfer it between anyone, anytime, anywhere without immediately getting arrested every time? Well that's applicable to C2C, P2P, etc now.

Are you guys sure about this? you sure sound like you are but I don't think you are, the recent MDCH meeting with wayne county seems to say otherwise - Is there strong evidence to support your claim otherwise? Yes I think so but I find good arguments that it is legal also, has caregiver 2 cargiver ever been tried in court? It seems to be at the very least it would be legal for the buyer but the seller that is what is in question. I beleive MDCH stated at the meeting that the seller is protected even if they sell to someone WITHOUT a card if it is beleived the intention of the buyer is to use it for medical purposes, this is heresay keep in mind.

One aspect of the state law very unlike health care legislation is the way you are chained to one provider. Why shouldn't I be able to change providers anytime I like or try out any provider's medicine once, the way I can change MDs at will or go to the doc-in-the-box around the corner?

Can you please show where it is written for all to see?

My interpretation is that both patients would be protected as they are both getting something for their medical marihuana needs, and patients are protected from aquiring meds. For example: one patient could trade meds, clone's or a donation for either meds or another clone to the other patient. Technically, both patients are getting meds or one is aquiring a donation or clone to further but not profit their own mm needs. Caregivers are only protected for aquiring meds for their own patients, not others. They have no mm needs for themselves unless they are a patient also, which should cover their buts. It will all have to be settled in court eventually though.

Warning! I only play a lawyer for entertainment purposes. lol!

I thought Patients were able to aquire meds by any means...what a mess...idk...lol. So if the patient is able to do this then wouldnt our consitution cover the seller being another CG and/or patient? IDK where it sayz all this.. just stuff I've heard... iDK im gonna go medicate...

I thought Patients were able to aquire meds by any means...what a mess...idk...lol. So if the patient is able to do this then wouldnt our consitution cover the seller being another CG and/or patient? IDK where it sayz all this.. just stuff I've heard... iDK im gonna go medicate...

Great Idea! Medicate away. It makes my head spin too!

Patients are allowed to aquire meds by whatever means. Caregivers can only aquire meds by whatever means for only their patient or patients, unless the caregiver is a patient themself, then they can aquire meds for themselves also by whatever means.

Now medicate again slowly!

The only penalty written in the law is for selling to someone who doesn't have a medical purpose for using marihuana. Both patient's and cg's have the medical purpose for using marijuana. A caregiver can transfer to another caregiver as long as it is for the purpose of alleviating a patient's condition.

The only penalty written in the law is for selling to someone who doesn't have a medical purpose for using marihuana. Both patient's and cg's have the medical purpose for using marijuana. A caregiver can transfer to another caregiver as long as it is for the purpose of alleviating a patient's condition.

The caregiver doing the transfer might be subject to arrest. The caregiver acquiring would be safe. This will have to be answered in court. A caregiver has no right to use marijuana in any form under the law unless they are a patient that has medical purpose.

The caregiver doing the transfer might be subject to arrest. The caregiver acquiring would be safe. This will have to be answered in court. A caregiver has no right to use marijuana in any form under the law unless they are a patient that has medical purpose.

]

Caregivers aren't allowed to "use" marihuana but caregivers "ARE" allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes. i.e. Caregiver who transfers meds to another caregiver and that caregiver then transfers the meds to a patient.

Both caregivers in this scenario are using marihuana for medical purposes. but neither is acutally "using" the marihuana.

line 4i. could be interpreted a number of ways

That's the problem! It'll all work itself out eventually.

One thing to remember is that the voters were promised no dispensaries or a California like atmosphere during the campaign. We need to be patient, and do everything to stay in the public's good grace. It was not only users who voted for the law, and if things start to happen too quickly then there could be an unintended backlash. There are a lot of people out there pushing the boundaries too soon, and bad things can happen when people get impatient, and or greedy.

This opinion is not directed at anyone in particular, but there are now plenty of people out there that are starting to attract too much federal and state level bureaucrats attention. We need to slow down and appreciate what we already have, and continue to educate, educate, and educate...

Eventually we will have full legalization, but until we keep on educating and informing the public, the bureaucrats are going to continue to push back and keep perpetuating the insane statistics and myths they make up.

Guest Wayne

Depends in my opinion. Gonna do it discreetly behind closed doors? Or in the lobby of the local Sheriff's office or State Police post? Certainly one way to possibly get a definitive answer.

Archived