Just Getting Started With Questions

Mimi

Hello,

This is my first post.

I suffer from chronic pain for a stomach condition that has also taken my appetite. I haven't been hungry in over 9 months & likely never will be again. My weight has remained steady now after initial loss of about 50 lbs.

I currently take dilaudid in pill form or vicodin 750 mg. Very high doses of strong medicines, which will obviuosly not be good for my body for another 40 years or so.

I am very interested in learning about MM as both a relief from my pain and the possibility that it might be an appetite stimulant for me.

I am being intentionally vague as I have teenagers in the house and do not want them knowing I'm pursuing this option until I learn more and make a decision.

I haven't smoked marijuana since sometime in the 90's, which was for a very different reason B)

I'm concerned about the side effects like paranoia and am worried about going thru this process, spending the money for my registration, and getting my card just to find out I can't tolerate it.

I hope this isn't the stupidest question you've ever heard, but do any insurance companies pay for MM?

Any information or thoughts or even just a hello would be appreciated. :)

As far as insurance, the only example I have heard of this is an automobile insurance company reimbursing a patient for medical marihuana related expenses that resulted from injuries suffered in a car accident.

In terms of side effects, just as is the case with other medications, it is impossible to say how any 1 individual person will react to any 1 medicine, whether it be aspirin, vicodin, or medical marijuana. That being said, the side effects are relatively mild compared to many prescription medications (including the ones you listed) and are 100% short term. It is completely non-fatal. You could ingest a pound and within a few days be completely back to normal. A good caregiver will have multiple strains available to maximize your desired results (pain relief, nausea, seizure control, etc.) while also minimizing negative side effects.

It is best to treat medical marijuana just like any other medicine. Don't engage in any potentially dangerous tasks like driving, skydiving, or operating a forklift until you know how it affects you. Start slowly and take the minimal dose you need to achieve the desired results.

Hope that helps.

Welcome.gif

" Mimi " to MMMA 2.0

Stop in as often as you like...

If you have any other Questions ?

Please feel free to ask ....

If I don't grow my own, or assign a caregiver, how would I go about getting the MM? I'm close to a Compassion group meeting, but I know I can't get in until I have my card. Are you able to meet someone that way and then designate them to be your cargiver?

If I don't grow my own, or assign a caregiver, how would I go about getting the MM? I'm close to a Compassion group meeting, but I know I can't get in until I have my card. Are you able to meet someone that way and then designate them to be your cargiver?

Its really Sad that a person looking for Help

is NOT Allowed to Attend a Compassion Meeting ...

Yes i understand that some meetings are Closed to Members

or their a Private Meeting ... But there MUST be some

OPEN to the Public Compassion Meetings near You ?

I'm not sure what area you are from ?

If you were up here in Northern Michigan and had proff that

your past your 20 days , I know you could get helped ....

Somehow , Someway , You need to talk to someone in your Area...

Use a high quality vaporizer get an "herborizer" from france or "purple days" from Oregon or "silver surfer" from Colorado or "vapor brothers"...something clean and good

Vaporizer is the best cleanest way to medicate in general

Or you can make tincures dissolve it in olive oil or refine into special concentrated hash oil to be ingested ...these are good ways to take in cannabis by eating

Alot of folks like muffins ...cookies ...brownies which are good to make with trim or vape "duff" and are great for specific settings

Dosages for cookies and muffins are difficult to judge and can have crippling effects which take hours to take effect sometimes...plus cookies and brownies in my opinion are not exactly health products

I would say the pure oils and tincures are better dosage controlled and dont have all the sugar, butter, and flour

I would say once you get onto a great ultra potent medicine...whatever method you use...you will get used to it and the side effects of paranoia or lethargy... even the high decrease quite a bit and and things level out

Biggest misconception about medicinal cannabis...people are gonna be high all the time...If only that were true! :lol:

Actually being totally ripped...is not really my idea of great time

Feeling good and in control...relaxed alert motivated...sleepy at night

Everything stays pretty normal as long as you consume enough regularly...I think it has a theraputic dosage...many medicines do

Keep your cannabinoids in the "Theraputic Range" things will be fine :D

Guest Medicinal Patient

Welcome to the site Mimi. If at all possible I would discreetly try before going thru the long process of getting your card. And see if it will help with your nausea, appetite, pain, and anxiety. There is lots of threads discussing what strain is best for what. Of course everyone is different and can react differently but do a search to get a general idea of a few strains to possibly test. Good Luck.

Welcome! Just a personal story about paranoia, if you're concerned about it or other negative effects. I don't find paranoia a concern of mine at all, abolutely zero. This is very different to 'the old days' back in college, we all had lots of paranoia then. I think it's easier now because I'm older, own my own house, and don't have any parents or authority figures around that I'm scared of (well, except the police...).

Best of luck to you, and I think you'll find appropriate help at a compassion club, like Tarzan says.

Re: the paranoia, it is only occasionally a factor. The benefits outweigh this aspect, and it is short lived.

Some of us make capsules that can be kept and used as discreetly as any other medical rx. We also extract the very concentrated oil by chemical means, and a small amount, most times less than the size of a grain of rice on a toothpick, applied to the inside of your cheek or under the tongue, the size of a half to full grain of rice, is enough to treat many conditions.

If your physician will sign off on your recommendation, it can be done during a routine office visit and paid for by your carrier. Practices that specialize in recommendations do not accept insurance.

It is helpful in all of the symptoms you describe.

Welcome to the site.

As for the side effects, I have found that to treat my nausea I need just a very small amount every night at bedtime. It instantly increases my appetite and lowers my nausea for the next day. Because I smoke so little I don't seem to get paranoid, I also don't have to worry about driving or being fuzzy headed. I smoke a little eat some food and go to bed.

Before spending all the money to get legal, try to acquire some and use just a very small amount (two or three hits a night) for a couple weeks to see if it helps you. No sense in spending all that money if it won't help.

On a different note I have found that the medicine Ondansetron (generic name, I don't know brand name) is also very effective for nausea. It does not increase appetite though.

MiMi

Welcome aboard!

There is a GREAT group of people here who

are more than willing to go out of their way

to help people learn more about MMJ.

I know you are trying to remain low key as you are

just doing some research but perhaps giving a idea

what area you are in will help some people point you

in the direction you need.

I will tell you MMJ has helped a great deal in pain and

also with appetite for sure.

If you do decide to go about it there are MANY methods of using

MMJ from eating it, using a vaporizer, simpson oil and MANY other means.

I am sure with time you can find the best method and strains for your needs

as each strain has its own effect. Again, if you give the MMJ route a try

a good quality caregiver will help you in finding what strains are ideal for

your exact situation.

Hey there Mimi! Just wanted to say hello and tell you that thanks to MM, my pain is manageable without my poison pills. For the first time in over five years, I have a positive outlook on life. Do some research on strains and find those that have worked for others in similar situations. I believe that you will find MM is a vast resource of strain specific medicines for a wide variety of illnesses. Good luck with your research, and make the decision that's right for you and your family. For me, it has been the best decision in the world. God bless

----Nemo

Its really Sad that a person looking for Help

is NOT Allowed to Attend a Compassion Meeting ...

Yes i understand that some meetings are Closed to Members

or their a Private Meeting ... But there MUST be some

OPEN to the Public Compassion Meetings near You ?

I'm not sure what area you are from ?

If you were up here in Northern Michigan and had proff that

your past your 20 days , I know you could get helped ....

Somehow , Someway , You need to talk to someone in your Area...

You do not need a card or paperwork to attend the compassion club I belong to.

Welcome Mimi...not sure where you are located at but this club I speak of is in Livingston County.

Welcome to the forum Mimi. I can tell you that cannabis will help with your medical problems. I can not say to what degree it will help. I think that you should give cannabis a try for a week or so at least. As other members have said also try different strains, because they all have varying effects. If you are fearful of paranoia comsume small amounts of Haze or Sativa dominate strains until you know how they affect you. Also having a good blood sugar level really helps while using medical cannabis. Marijuana helps my nausea tremendously and all strains increase my appetite some more than others. I also find that certain kinds are great for pain and sleeping better.

If you find a family physician like GregS said and get a recommendation you would be covered under the law by affirmative defense. Please read the law and learn about affirmative defense. With a doctor's recommendation you would be protected under AD while sampling cannabis before/while deciding to send in your application for a card and fee. You could bring in a copy of the law and ask your doctor during a regular check up. I also brought a HIPA release form in case my doc said No, but he didn't. He is a very compassionate man but I was not sure because he is also very conservative. The release form allows you to get your records and bring them to a different doctor who may be willing to make a recommendation for medical cannabis.

Learn about Rick Simpson oil here: http://www.phoenixtears.ca/index.php

I hope that you find what you are looking for,

Blake

Archived