Dr. Greenthumb Seeds Cindy-99 (Pineapple Cut) Grow Journal

med_gallery_6229_121_44068.jpg

I received my seeds from Dr. Greenthumb and am starting a grow report on his Cindy-99 (Pineapple cut).

I have started germinating some of them and will make a full report as soon as they have sprouted.

Dr. Greenthumbs Cindy-99 was one of the top 10 strains of 2009 in High Times magazine, and is an S-1 backcross to a very special clone from original Brothers Grimm stock.

Here is Kyle Kushman's report from the High Times Top 10 Strains of 2009 issue, and an original picture from Dr. Greenthumb in case anyone is not aware of Doc's offering:

gallery_6229_121_4234.jpg

C-99

Dr. Greenthumb

The legendary Cinderella 99, known as “the Cindy” for short, is once again available in seed form for anyone to experience. The Doc tells me that his “C-99/Cinderella is a selection from the most potent we’ve ever found in our tests with original Cinderella F1 seeds and their progeny. No C-99 we have tested has even come close to the resin production and high THC content on this special plant.” The terpene profile gives it a lime-pineapple smell with plenty of back end. Even though it’s slightly on the sativa side, C-99 still yields exceptionally well, especially outdoors. Give Cindy a ride – you won’t be disappointed.

Flowering time: 8 to 9 weeks

Update:

There are three seedlings emerging from the soil as of now, so I figured it was safe to start the germination report.

I started soaking the seeds at 3:30 pm 6/10/10 in a shot glass sized solution of Botanicare's Liquid Karma at 1 tsp per gallon and 1/4 tsp gallon of Rootech cloning gel per gallon. The six seeds were placed in between moistened,folded papertowel's in an open Gladware container and then placed on a germination mat at 1:30 am 6/11/10. Three of the six were showing taproots between 1/8"-1/2" and were planted in 6"x6"x6.5" square pots filled with Fox Farms Happy Frog potting soil at 4:30 pm 6/12/10. The fourth seed was planted at 11:30 pm 6/13/10. The fifth seed was planted at 11:30 pm 6/14/10. I am still waiting for the sixth to crack, and will report when and if it is planted. I will start posting pictures as soon as they gain a few sets of true leaves.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: There ended up being four that have cleared the substrate. The substrate on the other two was rock hard so I think I compacted the mix a little much. I haven't used Happy Frog for seedlings before, only for transplants. The four have their first set of true leaves and are coming on slowly but surely. I'll get pictures up once they get a couple sets of true leaves.

keep us up to date,i've shut down the grow room for now as i have plenty of meds.but i'm already looking at what i want to sow this fall.i was thinking jack h.but now a cindy sounds good..lol..disisions,disisions..zb

If you can get a good C99 plant I would go with that instead of Jack Herrer. C99 is much easier to grow and way faster. She's also awesome to smoke!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine did that clawing thing on the leaves too, never could figure it out.

My clones arent doing it though, maybe because I gave them to much nutes. They do seem very sensative.

It is a trait of this strain. I have heard this consistantly in many forums. The leaves are also pencil thin so there is not much support once they get a certain length.

One more day my friend!!! Many congratulations!!!

It is a trait of this strain. I have heard this consistantly in many forums. The leaves are also pencil thin so there is not much support once they get a certain length.

One more day my friend!!! Many congratulations!!!

It's today...in just a few hours...gotta get ready so I better get out of here. Peace and thanks!

FYI C99 can never have F1 status because it is a backcross.

Thai has a tendency to claw. Background genetics.

When F1 was mentioned I believe it was meant as the first generation off of parents from the original Brothers Grimm dioceous C-99 stock, not the S1 backcross or the original cubing backcrosses.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been exactly nine weeks and I decided to take the girls down tonight as the trichromes were approximately 90% milky with a touch of amber starting to develop. They had an incredible, in your face, overpowering, limey, tropical fruit smell, and were extremely sticky.

They are now trimmed, hanging, and will be jarred up in one quart mason jars once dry enough. I should have a pretty reliable sample in a week or so, and will give an initial report at that time.

The scissor hash was very strong!

med_gallery_6229_121_51736.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_460126.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_278678.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_172448.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_370310.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_295811.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_86590.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_176317.jpg