Dr. Greenthumb Seeds Cindy-99 (Pineapple Cut) Grow Journal

Looks Good Porc!

You had the same issues I had...they burned very easy when I added the Bloom nutes. They still look nice and I know what you mean about the scissor hash, it made me forget what I was doing.

I love all the foxtails this pheno gives....I wish we could swap a sample of each of our c-99 and see if they compare. Only 2 out of the 4 i did finished in 9 weeks the other 2 were about 11 weeks. Did you run more then one plant? And did they all finish at the same time? Cant wait to hear how they yeilded.

Peace-Dg

Looks Good Porc!

You had the same issues I had...they burned very easy when I added the Bloom nutes. They still look nice and I know what you mean about the scissor hash, it made me forget what I was doing.

I love all the foxtails this pheno gives....I wish we could swap a sample of each of our c-99 and see if they compare. Only 2 out of the 4 i did finished in 9 weeks the other 2 were about 11 weeks. Did you run more then one plant? And did they all finish at the same time? Cant wait to hear how they yeilded.

Peace-Dg

Hi DG,

Yeah, no more experimenting with "new" high concentrate P&K solutions like we were talking about. I hit them way to early, same as my Chemdawgs that will be coming down in a few days also. Nothing else burned except the two strains I hit extra early with the high P&K

I just ran two plants this time around, as I was scrambling to get something in the tent after my break in. They both were very close to each other finishing. I probably could have let them go another week but things were looking good enough, so I figured I would take them now. Next run I will take them ten weeks. They look like they will average about 2 -2.5 oz dry weight each, off of two and a half foot plants.

Hi DG,

Yeah, no more experimenting with "new" high concentrate P&K solutions like we were talking about. I hit them way to early, same as my Chemdawgs that will be coming down in a few days also. Nothing else burned except the two strains I hit extra early with the high P&K

I just ran two plants this time around, as I was scrambling to get something in the tent after my break in. They both were very close to each other finishing. I probably could have let them go another week but things were looking good enough, so I figured I would take them now. Next run I will take them ten weeks. They look like they will average about 2 -2.5 oz dry weight each, off of two and a half foot plants.

Thats awesome!

2 .5 foot plants with 2.5 oz's beats my giant 6 footers with 3 to 4 oz's. Ive topped all my clones of the cindy so I get a more manageable plant like yours.

BTW, those Chemdawgs look great too! I may have to pick some of that up when he re-stocks.

Also, i was wondering if either of the cindy plants had a different bud structure? 3 of mine looked exactly the same but the one I like the best was a bit different, it's buds didnt have the huge fox tails and the it wasnt quite as dense as the others but it tastes and smells better.

Thats awesome!

2 .5 foot plants with 2.5 oz's beats my giant 6 footers with 3 to 4 oz's. Ive topped all my clones of the cindy so I get a more manageable plant like yours.

BTW, those Chemdawgs look great too! I may have to pick some of that up when he re-stocks.

Also, i was wondering if either of the cindy plants had a different bud structure? 3 of mine looked exactly the same but the one I like the best was a bit different, it's buds didnt have the huge fox tails and the it wasnt quite as dense as the others but it tastes and smells better.

I didn't notice any difference between the different plants bud structure. They were all starting to foxtail pretty heavy.

I did smoke a small sample before jarring it up, the lime taste was very prominent on the inhale, while getting hints of tropical fruit, like pineapple or possibly mango mixed with lime on the exhale. Definitely an up style medication. I'll give a proper report after a month or so of curing in the jars.

• 2 months later...

gallery_6229_121_191116.jpg

gallery_6229_121_309810.jpg

gallery_6229_121_373137.jpg

The C99 has had a couple months of cure so I can give a pretty decent report on my results.

In the end the plants averaged just over 2.25 ounces each.

After harvesting, there was an almost overwhelming scent of lime with some pineapple. The longer it cured, the more pineapple smell and taste developed. A little after a month in the jars, when opened it was like opening a can of Dole Pineapple Juice. Almost overwhelming. I also noticed after that point it started developing a sort of grapefruit odor when broken up.

The effects were very up, but at the same time very clearheaded. I was slightly apprehensive at first because I had read that C99 can be very racy, and can cause anxiety. None of these happened. It was almost motivational in that you just had to get up and do something. My dog really liked it, as he ended up with a lot of dog walks after I used this strain! Similar in effect to Flo. I think I could have let it go another week or ten days, and it may have had more of a racy effect like I was expecting.

Overall I was impressed with this strain and will give it at least a couple more grows, and get it dialed in a bit better. It is greatly motivational, very social, and has good appetite stimulation, with a flavor and smell that has to be experienced, and not just described.

I wish I had some better pictures, but I lost all my photo's and records in a computer failure and reformat.I bought an external hard drive to back these things up so this never happens again.

Happy New Year Everybody!!!

• 5 months later...

Just picked up this strain and I really love the taste and smell. I'm thinking about buying some beans since the caregiver the meds came from has mites all over his clones. :thumbsd:

How tall were yours when you flowered them porcupine? About how much space did each plant occupy as far as width and depth throughout flower?

• 6 months later...

I'm wondering if anybody has seen any speed variations with this offering? If my math was right, these were taken at 63 days? And doc's site says 60 days flowering. Both seem pretty long for a cindy. Most other cindy offerings come down at 49 days for the fast phenos or low 50's for most selections it seems. 60+ day reports seem a little rare.

I'm guessing since these are s1's that it was just a long flowering outlier that was selfed, but many s1's do show some variation. Wondering if anyone has seen faster phenos from doc? Or is this strain like his others in that there seems to be less variations in his s1's than in many other folks s1's?

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...