The Big Kahuna Grow Hood

Kingdiamond

Im getting ready to install this hood into my bloom box and was wondering if anyones currently using it in their grow rooms?

bigkahunaw.jpg

33x27x10 inches deep with an ajustable mogul mount im trying to get the most out of my 600 watt setup hoping this gives me a little more light coverage.

I haven't used that model, but I did get a few large hoods, the Sun System XXXL Magnum, IIRC. The light spread with the 1000W HPS is fantastic, very happy with the larger hood. I still have the hoods 3 feet or so above the plants, but a 4x4 foot footprint of light looks very uniform.

If I was going to invest money into any kind of reflector this would be the ultimate goal in my honest opinion.

GRZILLAC.jpg

The GROWZILLA.

To get the best meds you can possibly grow indoors, it absolutely MUST be grown in full spectrum light during bloom phase. This reflector makes that feat extremely simple and straight forward...

Inside mine I have - one 1000w 3000K PulseStartMetalHalide and one 600w 10000K PulseStartMetalHalide.

GrowGreenMichigan in Brighton has these reflectors on sale for $185.96! They also offer a 10% discount for caregivers and patients! - http://growgreenmi.c...ets-p-4404.html

If I was going to invest money into any kind of reflector this would be the ultimate goal in my honest opinion.

GRZILLAC.jpg

The GROWZILLA.

To get the best meds you can possibly grow indoors, it absolutely MUST be grown in full spectrum light during bloom phase. This reflector makes that feat extremely simple and straight forward...

Inside mine I have - one 1000w 3000K PulseStartMetalHalide and one 600w 10000K PulseStartMetalHalide.

GrowGreenMichigan in Brighton has these reflectors on sale for $185.96! They also offer a 10% discount for caregivers and patients! - http://growgreenmi.c...ets-p-4404.html

what ballasts are you using with those Sunpulse bulbs ?

How are the bulbs doing for you ?

Im getting ready to install this hood into my bloom box and was wondering if anyones currently using it in their grow rooms?

bigkahunaw.jpg

33x27x10 inches deep with an ajustable mogul mount im trying to get the most out of my 600 watt setup hoping this gives me a little more light coverage.

I have a few of these hoods. They are kinda heavy, but they disperse the light rather well. I like 'em.

I have a few of these hoods. They are kinda heavy, but they disperse the light rather well. I like 'em.

Yes i noticed that on my UPS receipt 56lbs!

I have a small bloom box 5x5 so im hoping to squeeze every last ray of light out of my 600 watt hortilux eye super hps bulb.

Yes i noticed that on my UPS receipt 56lbs!

I have a small bloom box 5x5 so im hoping to squeeze every last ray of light out of my 600 watt hortilux eye super hps bulb.

cool...I've got mine in corners whenever possible w/mylar on the walls. That hood should cover that area pretty well. As far as King Diamond I saw him live years ago, believe it was the "Them" tour, tea time w/ Grandma kicks a**. Also a fan of Mercyful Fate-"Don't Break The Oath" is a classic in my book. :devil:

cool...I've got mine in corners whenever possible w/mylar on the walls. That hood should cover that area pretty well. As far as King Diamond I saw him live years ago, believe it was the "Them" tour, tea time w/ Grandma kicks a**. Also a fan of Mercyful Fate-"Don't Break The Oath" is a classic in my book. :devil:

Oh yeah princess of hell is one of my personal favorites from MF i was lucky enough to see them in the mid 90s on the into the unknown tour Ive seen king multiple times with his own band at royal oak harpos and the old Ritz in roseville. :devil:

Oh yeah princess of hell is one of my personal favorites from MF i was lucky enough to see them in the mid 90s on the into the unknown tour Ive seen king multiple times with his own band at royal oak harpos and the old Ritz in roseville. :devil:

I worked at the ritz back in the day. Saw some crazy sh*t there. Most insane was Suicidal Tendencies. Ha d to put a fence up around the bar.

I worked at the ritz back in the day. Saw some crazy sh*t there. Most insane was Suicidal Tendencies. Ha d to put a fence up around the bar.

Whoa...the Ritz...haha....

I played there once back in the day. Also the Second chance in Ann Arbor and a few times at Blondie's...anyone remember that place?

Rockinless and KG, I have been around the area for awhile. I am from the class on 1975 and went to quite a few shows from the early 70's to the early 80's when, in my opinion, music started to suck. That's why I love my classsic rock on XM 46, 49, 40, 27, 7, 6, 8, etc. There are plenty of others that remind me of the 300 bowl in Waterford seeing the Rockets or going over to Bob Segar's house and smoking a bong or many other "Fun, but true!" stories and memories.B)

Whoa...the Ritz...haha....

I played there once back in the day. Also the Second chance in Ann Arbor and a few times at Blondie's...anyone remember that place?

Are u talkin' bout the Blondies on 7 mile (west side). Used to be owned by a guy named Roosevelt. In the 80's was a heavy metal/punk bar. Great times there' played frisbee w/Exodus in the parking lot.

My nephew and my brother went there (blondies )a few fridays back and saw primal fear their lead singer is a rob halford clone dudes a scream god.

Love your Eddie icon, Maiden is one of my favorites as well. Remember you talkin' about Slayer one time, they are in my top 5 favs. Good to see people w/ same musical tastes. Local bands, remember Halloween?

Love your Eddie icon, Maiden is one of my favorites as well. Remember you talkin' about Slayer one time, they are in my top 5 favs. Good to see people w/ same musical tastes. Local bands, remember Halloween?

Man, Don't Metal With Evil is a great, great album. I have to get a copy of it again. "Lost" it over twenty years ago. I've been listening to it on youtube for months now. Seduce was awesome too. I'm sure you won't mind King D...

HOLY CRAP!!!

Your takin' me down memory lane. GOOD times!

I hung with Halloween on a DAILY basis! Those boys knew how to party.

Helped em roadie(hey, they were friends, lol)more times than I want to remember! LOL

I wrote to the band when I was like 13 asking if they ever played all ages shows. I wanted to see Halloween and Seduce so bad. See I was kind of obsessed with music from an early age. Too bad I was too young to party with you guys back then. I wasn't really about partying then anyway I guess. Just music, music, music and more music.

Yeah...I apologize KingD for getting off topic bro.

That Big Kahuna is a monster! :goodjob:

No worries i never sweat the small stuff .

On the (really)bright side :blink: the kahunas up and running wow this thing was a pain in the arse installing but i just love the spread of light! :thumbsu:

img00391x.jpg

Archived