Old School Grower

Maiingan

Hello MMMA,

I'm new to growing/caregiving. My knowledge of growing is very novice. My goal in being a caregiver is to offer my patient with high quality medication in a self sufficient manner. In order to do this I must immerse myself into the grow scene and network with experienced growers. I've been to a few CC and have met some outstanding people that have experience. These growers have the knowledge and skills I would some day like to attain.

My purpose in this post is to find an experienced grower who is willing to spend some time with me and show me what is needed to become a good grower of medical grade meds. I know alot of people on here are very sceptical about who they talk to and to ease your mind, ask me anything, I'm an open book. My intent is to learn all that I can, with patience of course.

I'm a hands on learner and absorb the most when dealing with something on a personal level. If there is an experienced grower in the Oakland County area who is willing to help me help my patient, and future patients, I would greatly appreciate it. I can help with your grow in any way possible and I'll do it with NO PAY. I want the experience, thats my reward. I would like to help with a grow from start to finish and take with me valued experience. If theres a grower out there who could use a hand, I can help with guidance.

I know that peoples skills are valuable and time is also, so if someone needs a little compensation to justify time and energy, I'll do what I can. This is honestly an attempt to further my knowledge of growing from experienced growers. Send me a message if you have the time to mentor me.

Also, I will need some help with a grow room design and construction soon, so if you can help when the time comes let me know, Thanks.

Thanks to all who respond!!!

-Maiingan - New CareGiver

good morning bro :)

well, as you know, Jipo and I are ALWAYS around for grow room design. just throw us some dimensions, number of plants, and your round-a-bout budget and we will find 10 different ways to get it done :)

i know you are putting yourself out there by asking, and i commend you for doing so. i sincerely hope someone takes you up on your offer to trade help for experience.

many growers won't feel comfortable letting a "stranger" around. i know what you are thinking, and i understand, but that's just how it is. since this site is newer and therefore smaller, there aren't too many grow journals going on here yet, but there are others out there. i dont want to persuade you to surf another site forum, but believe me, if you happen across a grow journal that looks interesting to you, ASK QUESTIONS!! there are really only 2 reasons for a grower to publish his/her work online................. to "brag" or to help. and the 2 go hand-in-hand. if a grower publishes a journal they EXPECT to have questions asked. this gives them the "fullfillment" of knowing that people are watching their grow.

you are right, nothing beats hands-on experience. i am the same way you are. i learn MUCH better by doing than by seeing or hearing. but this is a weird business we are venturing into, and with the laws being so new and so vague, and this site being bombarded by links to yet another Michigan MMJ bust everyday, you may have to settle for reading as much as possible and then just diving right in and go with the trial and error method like the rest of us. :D

well, as you know, Jipo and I are ALWAYS around for grow room design. just throw us some dimensions, number of plants, and your round-a-bout budget and we will find 10 different ways to get it done :)

i know you are putting yourself out there by asking, and i commend you for doing so. i sincerely hope someone takes you up on your offer to trade help for experience.

many growers won't feel comfortable letting a "stranger" around. i know what you are thinking, and i understand, but that's just how it is. since this site is newer and therefore smaller, there aren't too many grow journals going on here yet, but there are others out there. i dont want to persuade you to surf another site forum, but believe me, if you happen across a grow journal that looks interesting to you, ASK QUESTIONS!! there are really only 2 reasons for a grower to publish his/her work online................. to "brag" or to help. and the 2 go hand-in-hand. if a grower publishes a journal they EXPECT to have questions asked. this gives them the "fullfillment" of knowing that people are watching their grow.

you are right, nothing beats hands-on experience. i am the same way you are. i learn MUCH better by doing than by seeing or hearing. but this is a weird business we are venturing into, and with the laws being so new and so vague, and this site being bombarded by links to yet another Michigan MMJ bust everyday, you may have to settle for reading as much as possible and then just diving right in and go with the trial and error method like the rest of us. :D

Totally hear you bro, thanks for the help once again.

BG is the man!

He is very helpful as is most everyone else here!!!

I have found 2 CGs through here who I have been working with, I have found a couple GREAT chefs here

and TONS of WONDERFUL people!!

I am still looking for more CG's in Metro Detroit to talk to so PM me if you are in the Metro Area everyone.

Welcome to the board M

I would suggest a GREAT start would be a trip to Borders to buy Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cerventes

BG is the man!

I have found 2 CGs through here who I have been working with, I have found a couple GREAT chefs here

I am still looking for more CG's in Metro Detroit to talk to so PM me if you are in the Metro Area everyone.

Welcome to the board M

I would suggest a GREAT start would be a trip to Borders to buy Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cerventes

I already have all 3 of his (Jorge Cerventes) grow DVD's and would gladly share these with anyone else interested so let me know!!

Thanks for the advice!!

I already have all 3 of his (Jorge Cerventes) grow DVD's and would gladly share these with anyone else interested so let me know!!

Thanks for the advice!!

hey Maii! can those dvd's be sent via email? I am never to old to learn!

Peace bro!

Jim

BG is the man!

Welcome to the board M

thank you. not just for the kudos you tossed my way, but thank you for that post in general. you welcomed a new member to the site, gave a quick positive personal experience from using this site, put a quick ad in for wanting to continue your cultivation education, AND suggested some great and reputable material to use.

all in that one short, happy, uplifting, and all around positive post.

if that post doesn't deserve a +rep then i have never ever ever seen a post on this site that deserves one.

we need to keep that up, but on a more constant basis around here :D

all in that one short, happy, uplifting, and all around positive post.

if that post doesn't deserve a +rep then i have never ever ever seen a post on this site that deserves one.

we need to keep that up, but on a more constant basis around here :D

Yep..... + rep done & done... Oh, wait.. that's right I can't give you up's BG I forgot.... :P you deserve them though....Peace..

Yeah Maii, you can feel free to pm me any time, BG and I have been playing with room design for the last few days :lol: Can spit out some cad designs for you to show a 'blue print' of what you'd be doing. Make you're way over to the thread in BG's sig for some good reading too!!

Hello MMMA,

I'm new to growing/caregiving. My knowledge of growing is very novice. My goal in being a caregiver is to offer my patient with high quality medication in a self sufficient manner. In order to do this I must immerse myself into the grow scene and network with experienced growers. I've been to a few CC and have met some outstanding people that have experience. These growers have the knowledge and skills I would some day like to attain.

My purpose in this post is to find an experienced grower who is willing to spend some time with me and show me what is needed to become a good grower of medical grade meds. I know alot of people on here are very sceptical about who they talk to and to ease your mind, ask me anything, I'm an open book. My intent is to learn all that I can, with patience of course.

I'm a hands on learner and absorb the most when dealing with something on a personal level. If there is an experienced grower in the Oakland County area who is willing to help me help my patient, and future patients, I would greatly appreciate it. I can help with your grow in any way possible and I'll do it with NO PAY. I want the experience, thats my reward. I would like to help with a grow from start to finish and take with me valued experience. If theres a grower out there who could use a hand, I can help with guidance.

I know that peoples skills are valuable and time is also, so if someone needs a little compensation to justify time and energy, I'll do what I can. This is honestly an attempt to further my knowledge of growing from experienced growers. Send me a message if you have the time to mentor me.

Also, I will need some help with a grow room design and construction soon, so if you can help when the time comes let me know, Thanks.

Thanks to all who respond!!!

-Maiingan - New CareGiver

Hey your on the right track, there is many mj forums like this around the internet and you can learn a lot by spending your spare time just reading up as much as you can, if your not worried about it do a growlog and ask any questions you have on forums like these and many people can help you that way, you can also read other peoples logs and sometimes learn some things, I will just advise you to do that instead of contracting someone personally for security reasons and for your own safety, the internet is almost 100% anonymous if you do not give personal information and always if asked deny you made the post at that point it becomes 'heresay', in these days of wifi anyone can be posting from an unsecured router ;). Growing Marijuana the way it is you do not want any one person to know of the grow location that is simply how it is right now and its going to be that way for some time to come . The internet allows us to communicate very well as growers and we can all learn a lot from each other. I am willing to help you anytime just send me a pm if you have any questions!

Hey I am a better hands on learner and I thought the same thing but I learned how to grow by only reading and watching movies for a good 6 months(I became a bit obsessed with my new hobby) and I still read and learn new stuff every day. My first grow was very successful learning by doing my own growlog and posting and asking questions on forums like this. I had never grew a plant in my whole life up until about a year ago. I think your results could be the same as mine or better.

Hey your on the right track, there is many mj forums like this around the internet and you can learn a lot by spending your spare time just reading up as much as you can, if your not worried about it do a growlog and ask any questions you have on forums like these and many people can help you that way, you can also read other peoples logs and sometimes learn some things, I will just advise you to do that instead of contracting someone personally for security reasons and for your own safety, the internet is almost 100% anonymous if you do not give personal information and always if asked deny you made the post at that point it becomes 'heresay', in these days of wifi anyone can be posting from an unsecured router ;). Growing Marijuana the way it is you do not want any one person to know of the grow location that is simply how it is right now and its going to be that way for some time to come . The internet allows us to communicate very well as growers and we can all learn a lot from each other. I am willing to help you anytime just send me a pm if you have any questions!

Hey I am a better hands on learner and I thought the same thing but I learned how to grow by only reading and watching movies for a good 6 months(I became a bit obsessed with my new hobby) and I still read and learn new stuff every day. My first grow was very successful learning by doing my own growlog and posting and asking questions on forums like this. I had never grew a plant in my whole life up until about a year ago. I think your results could be the same as mine or better.

WOW, you sound just like me, obsessed!!! - I am though, I want/need to learn how to grow because I'm a caregiver, but also because I'm very interested in becoming educated in growing and all the great aspects about it. Everything about it entices me and holds my interest. So I'm on the endless quest to obtain knowledge and competent growers in order to fulfill my strong interest in becoming a sucessful green thumb.

Archived