More Light More Light

My caregiver is pressuring me to add more lights to our grow room. We currently have two 400w light system for our twelve plants. I am wary of the cost of our electric bill suddenly increasing too. What thinks you people? Our yields are kind of sparse and spindly too. My caregiver is compensated with pot instead of money and she uses much more than I do. But she doesn't pay the electricity bill either, my husband does and he isn't too happy about it.

Guest CaveatLector

My caregiver is pressuring me to add more lights to our grow room. We currently have two 400w light system for our twelve plants. I am wary of the cost of our electric bill suddenly increasing too. What thinks you people? Our yields are kind of sparse and spindly too. My caregiver is compensated with pot instead of money and she uses much more than I do. But she doesn't pay the electricity bill either, my husband does and he isn't too happy about it.

400 watts generally isn't enough for 12 plants if you want higher yield. You may get away with 400 watts by using the SOG method. That would cut down on production time and allow you to cycle more often. However, you may get the same yield by growing half as many plants under the 400 watts so they aren't competing for light and you have better canopy penetration. You should experiment.

400 watts generally isn't enough for 12 plants if you want higher yield. You may get away with 400 watts by using the SOG method. That would cut down on production time and allow you to cycle more often. However, you may get the same yield by growing half as many plants under the 400 watts so they aren't competing for light and you have better canopy penetration. You should experiment.

i would say Sir you are right i have heard of people getting 4-5 oz per plant thats great my Question would be to them how many lights and how long they Vegged for you should experiment

Hi, Well... There are a lot of factors that you may have to take into account when trying to solve your issue. Basic grow room procedures is usually a major factor: Temp, humid, PH, Nutes, Air Quality, Sanitary issues, Disease/fungus/soil quality.... Genetics are a factor as well... If you have a good handle on basic grow room stuff and you have some decent genetics your normally doing pretty well... When you say your Yields are "Sparse&Spindly" and you have 12 plants flowering, I think canopy penetration.... Those 12 honey's would probably like a little more light... Sparse and Spindly growth usually trends to not enough canopy penetration, or too far away... Makes the girls stretch and reach for those precious lumens... Causing the "Sparse&Spindly" flower growth.. When you consider that every plant on average is 2-4 ft across a 400w hps will probably bloom 4 plants decently.... but... If you take 4 identical plants and flower them with a 1000w you will notice a huge difference in overall quality and yield... And if you take and put that 1000w fixture on a light rail mover you can flower quite a few plants well.. Bubble Grower has a chart for the distance from bulb to top of plant here on this forum.... Somewhere..... Take a look you'll find it... See if your light fixtures are were they are supposed to be.. But, you probably need more light for those needs.... If you don't want to upgrade in lights then try backing off your plant count and focus your 800w efforts into flowering 6-8 plants... Will help tighten up your bud density some and possibly up your yield per plant... :) I hope this helps to get you in the right direction.... Peace, Love, and Big Buds B)

Set me straight here if I'm wrong

You have a caregiver who is assisting you with your 12 plants at your residence?

If what i said above is true why not just grow your own plants do you have a reason why you cant possess plants?

Archived