Run-In With Leo

md999

Heres a lil story I would like to share with everyone. I'm on my way home from work, and on my way to deliver to one of my patients. I'm driving through Redford, and here come LEO on my donkey(apparently I was speeding a lil).

Comes to my window and asks for the usual crap. I give it to him. He looks to my passenger seat, and sees the container I keep the meds and ALL of my paperwork and cards. Asks whats in there(he knows full well as its labeled to the contents. Asks me to get out of my vehicle. I did exactly what he asked of me, and he proceeded to to take the med container and myself to his cruiser. After about 20mins on his computer, he lets me out of the vehicle, walks me back to mine, hands me a ticket(impeding, not speeding= no points), Handed me the meds and paperwork and said "Put this where its out of your reach in the vehicle". Then left. I thought my heart was gonna explode!! Didn't confiscate anything or harass me in anyway! Now this dosen't by any means mean Redford is a tolerant city(cause their not), but there is at least one cop there that follows state law and not their own agenda. I know some will say it was my own fault for having them on my seat, and they would be right. But that's not the point I'm tryin to make. Just wanted everyone to know that all LEO aren't bad, just most of em....lol. If you keep everything legal, then you should be fine.

Heres a lil story I would like to share with everyone. I'm on my way home from work, and on my way to deliver to one of my patients. I'm driving through Redford, and here come LEO on my donkey(apparently I was speeding a lil).

Comes to my window and asks for the usual crap. I give it to him. He looks to my passenger seat, and sees the container I keep the meds and ALL of my paperwork and cards. Asks whats in there(he knows full well as its labeled to the contents. Asks me to get out of my vehicle. I did exactly what he asked of me, and he proceeded to to take the med container and myself to his cruiser. After about 20mins on his computer, he lets me out of the vehicle, walks me back to mine, hands me a ticket(impeding, not speeding= no points), Handed me the meds and paperwork and said "Put this where its out of your reach in the vehicle". Then left. I thought my heart was gonna explode!! Didn't confiscate anything or harass me in anyway! Now this dosen't by any means mean Redford is a tolerant city(cause their not), but there is at least one cop there that follows state law and not their own agenda. I know some will say it was my own fault for having them on my seat, and they would be right. But that's not the point I'm tryin to make. Just wanted everyone to know that all LEO aren't bad, just most of em....lol. If you keep everything legal, then you should be fine.

thanks for the post and am glad it all worked out for you and you are right their are some good leo's

Good to hear!

Glad you got out without headaches

and glad to hear stories of the good LE thats out there as well (there are a few of em guys)

Only thing I would change you did was I would keep my meds secured in the bag in the trunk like the officer

mentioned.

+1 rep for you for sure!

Goes to show what happens when you prepare yourself, show the officer respect and are lucky enough to encounter

a LEO who understands his job is to enforce the law not his personal agenda.

Archived