Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

In order to drill the grommet holes carefully drill a 3/4 size hole with that unibit thing. Worked great for me only leak was where the 12-way splitter was on the ground and the water backfilled and drained out of the small cracks in it after I tested and shut it off .I was leak free left and came back to 2 gallons of water on the floor... I was confused lol.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahh, been awhile.

i have had a few minutes here and there lately to post instead of just read so i figured i'd kick this thread back up a bit and at least hang out as much as possible.

anyways ....... i just planted a handful of a "home-made lemonwreck". lemoncake x trainwreck.

very unstable seeds ...... much like playing the lottery ...... but i have the beans and some extra spots in the plant count so why not. maybe i will end up with something decent to clone.

the mother was a t.w. from dr. greenthumb, and the father was an l.c. that was stress hermied ...so we will see. most likely a waste of time/space/nutes/light ....... but thats the joy of cannabis crossing. ya never know.

also, i wanna thank brandan for another flat of new plants that ill post pics of as well. finally im checking out the blue julianne and i am VERY excited about this one.

since i have posted here i have grown the "industrial plant" from dinafem out and its a keeper for sure. much much much like the moby dick. a bit different in structure and taste, but the yield and the smiles it creates are just the same. truly another keeper. if im not mistaken, the industrial plant is is one of the parents to the jack herrer.

i have a crap/shyt/load of pics and video (tons of video) that i have shot over the past couple months....... just been too busy to post it all and then answer questions and blah blah blah....... but the dog days are here.... the indoor grow is amped up (well, getting there) and the outdoor grow is astonishing. definitely some fun pics and stories to come from the fall harvest.

here's some lemonwreck. im starting them off in a mix of perilite, coco, and cheap meijer soil. they will get moved to bubbles after a couple sets of leaves. so cute as this age.

gallery_13801_60_1200817.jpg

gallery_13801_60_971169.jpg

Sweet! Nice to have this thread back. I'm not going to mess with making my own crosses until I learn more about the various strains and how best to grow them. But I am very interested it how you do it. Nice new pics.

thanks for the kind words. I think I might grow a couple of these out in soil for the heck of it. so much easier to throw in a corner/extra space in the room without taking up a true spot in a system. we'll see :)

Great to see you back BG! I'm putting a group of plants in dirt myself. Been fighting pithium for about six weeks now. It's a lot of work washing and watching and washing again. I now know that I need to go to a recirculating system to keep my solution temps down, especially with the warm weather we've been having. I thought I'd go old school for awhile and give myself a break. I'll be glad when things cool off a bit, and I'll work on RDWC through the winter.

Great to see you back BG! I'm putting a group of plants in dirt myself. Been fighting pithium for about six weeks now. It's a lot of work washing and watching and washing again. I now know that I need to go to a recirculating system to keep my solution temps down, especially with the warm weather we've been having. I thought I'd go old school for awhile and give myself a break. I'll be glad when things cool off a bit, and I'll work on RDWC through the winter.

howdy howdy!! good to see ya.

yup, its amazing how much easier things can be with just a few fittings and a few feet of hose to connect them al :)

glad to hear all is well though!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see you back BG. :thumbsu:

Awesome. Looking extremely healthy !

thanks guys :thumbsu: good to see ya.

They are really moving. How do you obtain such a fast start on your babies? They are beautiful. Thanks, Bb

simplicity is key here. cheap is good.

i have been starting beans using the paper towel method, then planting in soil. ive been screwing with the soil and it really isnt making too much of a difference because they are in it for such a short period of time. even the cheap-o "franks" brand or whatever meijer has is fine. i just tried a "personal mix" and it turned out too hot for seedlings, so i moved back to cheap-o soil.

at this point:

gallery_13801_60_1200817.jpg

they are just freshly popped and only a couple days old. they get straight r.o. water as needed. its a bout this point +2-3 days that i move them to hydroton/netpots/bubbles using this method: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/18150-need-your-grow-questions-answered-come-on-in/page__st__1360__p__230169#entry230169

and then i use 1/2 strength lucas nutes in the buckets. i also top water a couple times a day with straight r.o. water. this makes sure that the roots are staying wet and it helps to wash off any remaining soil. after a few days/week i dump and refresh with clean water/full strength nutes and thats about what you see here:

gallery_13801_60_50910.jpg

I don't mean to be questioning any of your actions, but did you let your super soil cook off for a couple weeks before you planted in it? I have used Vic's recipe and you have to let it cook off for about 3 weeks.

howdy sir!

actually, this time i did. sometimes i dont though, and ill make sure that i do from now on. this was some soil that i had mixed up quite a few moths ago, i just added some coir and perilite.

really though, they are in it for such a short period of time that less is best IMO...... i might even start some in just straight perilite with 1/4 strength lucas instead of the soil and see whats up.

just to follow up on that hot soil.

here's a few pics. i just transplanted them to hydroton/bubbles last night about 10pm and you cant tell, but they are already perking up. they got scorched in that soil, but they will pull through just fine. they are in 4-8 lucas right now. these are lemoncake x trainwreck

gallery_13801_60_399979.jpg

gallery_13801_60_732067.jpg

gallery_13801_60_1046669.jpg

also............... i got lazy and went back to rockwool for a few. might as well get this thread kicking again in fill force. more strains to add: purple power, a fem bean mystery..... i think its a moby dick. and a couple more chemo iranian:

gallery_13801_60_1037355.jpg

and some lemoncake x b.c. bigbud that are going into rockwool right now:

gallery_13801_60_129616.jpg

Guest MosCutty

Glad to see you kickin the budget grow up BG, looks like you got some girls your kicking into gear. Interesting choice of 1000w bulb on buckets that are not light proofed, are you not worried about root rot? Not to question your actions but I'd personally wouldn't want to have funky roots. Thanks for all your efforts and teaching us all how to grow.

Mos :D

A TRIBUTE TO BUBBLEGROW!

and a warm, heartfelt thank you!

After a year of following your instructions, we hope that you like what you see. It's been a lot of fun!

This is where we started

tn_gallery_16255_427_53208.png

and, thanks to you, this is real

tn_gallery_16255_427_50232.png

nice stout stem

tn_gallery_16255_427_27292.png

it's the original budget bubbletote. lucas formula. still has the wallmart pump (bought it a year ago)

tn_gallery_16255_427_20819.png

flipped them on 7/31, so they're 18 days into bloom. these lovely ladies are AK47. i think the grower goes about 6'2", so you have some idea about how tall these trees are

tn_gallery_16255_427_48560.png

couldn't have done it without you BG. we want you to know how much you are appreciated! :thumbsu:

Glad to see you kickin the budget grow up BG, looks like you got some girls your kicking into gear. Interesting choice of 1000w bulb on buckets that are not light proofed, are you not worried about root rot? Not to question your actions but I'd personally wouldn't want to have funky roots. Thanks for all your efforts and teaching us all how to grow.

Mos :D

howdy!! and good eye :)

actually (knock on wood) i have never had a problem with the green buckets ............... BUT ......... i usually dont push the limits either. within a week, there will be more plants joining the 2 above and by then i will have them linked together in black buckets as usual.

A TRIBUTE TO BUBBLEGROW!

and a warm, heartfelt thank you!

After a year of following your instructions, we hope that you like what you see. It's been a lot of fun!

This is where we started

tn_gallery_16255_427_53208.png

and, thanks to you, this is real

tn_gallery_16255_427_50232.png

nice stout stem

tn_gallery_16255_427_27292.png

it's the original budget bubbletote. lucas formula. still has the wallmart pump (bought it a year ago)

tn_gallery_16255_427_20819.png

flipped them on 7/31, so they're 18 days into bloom. these lovely ladies are AK47. i think the grower goes about 6'2", so you have some idea about how tall these trees are

tn_gallery_16255_427_48560.png

couldn't have done it without you BG. we want you to know how much you are appreciated! :thumbsu:

holy shiznit. very healthy looking monsters you have there. jeepers. you should have a very nice yield from those trees!! great job!! :sword:

Hey BG, Glad to see you have been spending some time here in the Grow Room. I agree 100% that a good grow room and strain forum is what will keep this site going strong.

I need your advice on something. Some powdery mildew found its way into my garden.(I offered to watch 2 mother plants for a friend..lesson learned).

My grow room is a divided room where you walk into the veg room, and then into the flower room. The PM started in the veg room and then into the flower room, luckily everything was just ready for harvest, so I was able to save most everything. I've seen at least a small amount on the lower leaves of all my plants, so far nothing really bad. I am treating with green cure, and running dehumidifier, and it is keeping it at bay, I decided to flower out everything I have and start over. So right now I am sitting with a completely empty and sterilized veg area, and a full flower room, that I also sterilized before moving everything over. My question is, I plan on getting some clones to start over, will they be safe in my veg area with the affected plants so close in the flower room? I dont want to wait 2 months to get started on some new stuff.

My understanding is that the PM is systemic and once a plant has it it always has it. Which is why I am starting over. I am bummed about losing my dinafem sweet deep grapefruit, it was a great pheno. CAn you offer any suggestions?

I would look into a sulfur burner if I were you. its worth the investment when you weigh it against the possible loss. there are many diy's around the net to make your own cheaper version or you can hit up the hydro stores. I think growco has one for right around $100

here ya go http://www.4hydroponics.com/growroom/pest2.asp?ItemNo=sulfurVaporizer

Archived