Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those sure are some tight nodes on those girls there. I've got a critical+ going right now with super tight nodes that made it really hard to do the initial top above the 2nd node, not a bad problem to have though :D Looking great :goodjob:

thanks for the kind words! yeah after a bit of practice its really easy for ANYONE to be supertight like that on about 99% of strains. practice makes perfect and it doesnt take much to learn how much light they can/can't handle..... and when to go full strength on the nutes. glad to hear you having the same good problems :)

thanks bud!!

how grows it over there??

truthfully? my friend..

better than ever i thought....

i remember when i offered to clean your buckets so i could be a fly on the wall... now i have come to realize exactly how much work is involved in a successful medical operation.... and i humbly recant my offer LOL

i am not trying to scare anyone, but people deserve to know just exactly how much time and energy we exert to ensure our patients are taken care of.

now it seems like i spend all my time pleasing my girls, and cleaning up after them LOL

40 hours a week? i wish.....

can you say FULL TIME JOB? plus Overtime?

LOL

girls will be girls...(hopefully)

i am not complaining by any means... i absolutely love what i am doing, the smiles and hugs would be enough if the real world didn't make me exchange dollar bills for services rendered...

ok so..

sorry..

did you want to talk about the weather?

LOL

peace...

buddy

thanks for all you do.. Bg you were one of my prime inspirations to learn more about this plant, and i and many others (i am sure) thank you.

have a great night.

truthfully? my friend..

better than ever i thought....

i remember when i offered to clean your buckets so i could be a fly on the wall... now i have come to realize exactly how much work is involved in a successful medical operation.... and i humbly recant my offer LOL

i am not trying to scare anyone, but people deserve to know just exactly how much time and energy we exert to ensure our patients are taken care of.

now it seems like i spend all my time pleasing my girls, and cleaning up after them LOL

40 hours a week? i wish.....

can you say FULL TIME JOB? plus Overtime?

LOL

girls will be girls...(hopefully)

i am not complaining by any means... i absolutely love what i am doing, the smiles and hugs would be enough if the real world didn't make me exchange dollar bills for services rendered...

ok so..

sorry..

did you want to talk about the weather?

LOL

peace...

buddy

thanks for all you do.. Bg you were one of my prime inspirations to learn more about this plant, and i and many others (i am sure) thank you.

have a great night.

thanks so much for the kind words my friend!!

also, congrats for spending the time/effort/energy/money/whatever else to try this and do it the right way. as you said ....the smiles and hugs are one heck of a reward.

weather been dry this year i guess?? :)

i KNOW that i have helped hundreds, if not thousands of people and that is pretty fuccking cool. it really is. i was in a unique position to help and in turn i got helped and thats what this is all about. you guys have held my hand through this transition from cali to MI living just as i have held a few hands from seed to harvest :)

heck of a trade-off in my opinion. everybody wins.

just super glad to hear good things coming from your direction!!

lemon wreck sounds absolutely delish!

BG, without going off in to some bromantic rant on how much you have helped me over and over again, just by leaving your Grow Help thread up and available, i wanted to say THANKS!!

Seriously, i re-read portions of it over and over again. I am now in ALL BUBBLES, no soil. I am not saying DWC is always better than soil. But it sure is working much better for me! I have gotten more used to the regular processes of measuring and all. now to just stop running to all the stores with water machines.... time to buy an RO Water setup! when things chill out more around our place, i'll get back to starting up a new journal. I also have a few ideas for little tutorial thingies that i want to put together, so i can give more back to the community which has so graciously helped me.

<love fest>

lemon wreck sounds absolutely delish!

BG, without going off in to some bromantic rant on how much you have helped me over and over again, just by leaving your Grow Help thread up and available, i wanted to say THANKS!!

Seriously, i re-read portions of it over and over again. I am now in ALL BUBBLES, no soil. I am not saying DWC is always better than soil. But it sure is working much better for me! I have gotten more used to the regular processes of measuring and all. now to just stop running to all the stores with water machines.... time to buy an RO Water setup! when things chill out more around our place, i'll get back to starting up a new journal. I also have a few ideas for little tutorial thingies that i want to put together, so i can give more back to the community which has so graciously helped me.

<love fest>

big smile :)

thanks for the kind words.......

like i have always said, if bubbles work for you, they REALLY WORK FOR YOU, and you will never go back.

so glad to hear you having good results.

yup, an r.o. system makes all the difference too. just a couple hundo for a GREAT system: http://www.4hydroponics.com/growroom/waterPurifiers2.asp?ItemNo=stealthRO100

that one is well worth the price.

once again ....... so glad to hear you are doing well!!!

yeah i just had that very unit in my hands the other day. the heat of summer decimated my garden in that stretch of 90+ heat.

your method of bubble buckets or totes, with the Lucas formula have helped me tremendously. i am amending and playing around the Lucas formula with additives. Next up, Bloombastic. i am also using a drop of SuperThrive in each gallon. I also use it in the Daisy Cloner with Roots. so, thanks again. i look forward to the day that i get to make you lean a bit to the side from my medicine. :)

It really is good to have you back, BG! I'm glad that you didn't forget about us. Your's is a powerful voice for all growers in Michigan. If you get up this way I want to hook you up with some walleye. It goes good with a pinot grigio, and some Free Leonard. You really gotta try this Free Leonard. Swampy would have enjoyed spending time with you, and you'd enjoy his efforts. I wish you well, and I thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.:thumbsu:

So, Bubs, i wanted to ask you a thread-pertinent question. how many uses are you able to get out of totes, air lines, lids, and stones. The lids line and stones are the ones i am worrying about using too much of, environmentally speaking. i have been trying to wash stuff as much as possible with physan, to get more usage from it. this method is certainly less expensive than soil for me. but i want to identify ways to make my footprint smaller.

It really is good to have you back, BG! I'm glad that you didn't forget about us. Your's is a powerful voice for all growers in Michigan. If you get up this way I want to hook you up with some walleye. It goes good with a pinot grigio, and some Free Leonard. You really gotta try this Free Leonard. Swampy would have enjoyed spending time with you, and you'd enjoy his efforts. I wish you well, and I thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.:thumbsu:

thanks, and thanks!!

im actually heading way up north in 2 weeks for the fall harvest. ill be up there for a week again, which means a ton of fishing :) walleye with f.l. huh?? sounds too good to be true :)

where you at again?? ill be making a few stops here and there on my 10.5 hour jounrney to the u.p. :) can't pass up walleye and Leonard :)

So, Bubs, i wanted to ask you a thread-pertinent question. how many uses are you able to get out of totes, air lines, lids, and stones. The lids line and stones are the ones i am worrying about using too much of, environmentally speaking. i have been trying to wash stuff as much as possible with physan, to get more usage from it. this method is certainly less expensive than soil for me. but i want to identify ways to make my footprint smaller.

totes, lids, tubing to connect the totes, hydroton and netpots all get bleached and reused. airline as well, but that stuff doesn't last forever. eventually the heat will get to it and it will start to shrink in diameter and become harder to clean. that's when I just pitch it and cut new. as far as airstones, I try to keep one stone per plant per complete run. everytime I dump/flush whatever I grab the stone, run it under hot water and scrub it a little bit with an old toothbrush. this should help it stay fresh for an entire run. they more than likely would last longer, but that's a chance I don't take. the ceramic stones will last a few complete runs before I toss those out. but they are a bit more expensive and can be hard to find at a moments notice.

Archived