Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

Lucas method ? My ph jumped up a touch last night. My ? Is once it's up to the point of needing to be dropped back down, do I lower it in the bucket, change out all water with fresh balance and food or what? Thanks

Newb to bubbles

what kind of water are you using?? and are you letting your buckets of nuts/water bubble over night first?

"normally" there isn't much of a sway in ph using the Lucas..... especially when your plants are so small and not taking up much in the way of water or nutes. after the plants are huge you may experience a ph shift.... but once again, its not that dramatic and really not too terribly common either.

what/if anything are you using to adjust ph??

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what kind of water are you using?? and are you letting your buckets of nuts/water bubble over night first?

"normally" there isn't much of a sway in ph using the Lucas..... especially when your plants are so small and not taking up much in the way of water or nutes. after the plants are huge you may experience a ph shift.... but once again, its not that dramatic and really not too terribly common either.

Yo Bg, good morning! I'm using Ro water and general ph up and down.my ph just went up from 5.5 to 5.6 so not to big a deal. I have a ph meater and all that jazz.

I notice a swing with lucas in my DWC, I use tap, my tap is 125ppm, 6.3ph naturally, almost to good to be true, gotta RO but need new filters and have been lazy since seeing how clean my tap water really is. I let em bubble overnight just tap then add nutrients and netpot. Just mixing 8/16 per gallon I pull down to about 5.6-5.7 range, then after about a week it swings up to about 6.1, I bring add back and bring it down to 5.3 and let it swing back up to 6.0, generally takes a little over a week and thats when the res changes out again. I find that I get less mag issues lettings it sweep up to the low 6's then When I was holding a 5.5-5.8.

I notice a swing with lucas in my DWC, I use tap, my tap is 125ppm, 6.3ph naturally, almost to good to be true, gotta RO but need new filters and have been lazy since seeing how clean my tap water really is. I let em bubble overnight just tap then add nutrients and netpot. Just mixing 8/16 per gallon I pull down to about 5.6-5.7 range, then after about a week it swings up to about 6.1, I bring add back and bring it down to 5.3 and let it swing back up to 6.0, generally takes a little over a week and thats when the res changes out again. I find that I get less mag issues lettings it sweep up to the low 6's then When I was holding a 5.5-5.8.

good post. its that tapwater that gets ya when using dwc :)

Yo Bg, good morning! I'm using Ro water and general ph up and down.my ph just went up from 5.5 to 5.6 so not to big a deal. I have a ph meater and all that jazz. Sorry if I posted this twice using my phone not sure if it went threw.

OH!! lol. ok, I thought you meant a much bigger swing than that :)

you fine!!

so, maybe i haven't been adding back in an optimal fashion. my plants haven't shown that they dislike it or anything. but here is how i've been doing it.

I addback ph adjusted water an nutes to the bucket or tote one gallon at a time. it is very labor intensive, as i end up mixing up to 8 gallons individually in an day. i check the ph an the ppm before and after adding, to make sure that i am in the correct range. after adding back 4-5 times, i change out the bucket for a clean one with either a ph'ed water for a flush, or one with full strength nutes. i run 5-10 formula in one bucket all the way through veg without changing the water/bucket (unless there are other issues). Then i flush one day before moving to flower, and two days into flower, then i move to 8-16. i will generally do a 1-2 day flush between weeks 3 and 4. After that, i really pour on the nutes with some sort of bloom enhancer until final flush.

it seems to be working for me just fine. but if anyone can see some glaring issue that i'm not seeing which could take my garden to the next level, feel free to holler.

Hey yo, where is the index located for this 72 page gem?

this thread is actually a grow journal that is informative, as opposed the thread dedicated to questions. BubbleGrower graciously took the time to index his Questions thread. but this one is probably not as 'index-able'. even if it were, it would be asking BG to go through all 73 pages and manually index them. IMO, he's already given plenty with all of the info in the thread. im not dogging you or anything. i just wanted to point out why it might not be indexed.

so, maybe i haven't been adding back in an optimal fashion. my plants haven't shown that they dislike it or anything. but here is how i've been doing it.

I addback ph adjusted water an nutes to the bucket or tote one gallon at a time. it is very labor intensive, as i end up mixing up to 8 gallons individually in an day. i check the ph an the ppm before and after adding, to make sure that i am in the correct range. after adding back 4-5 times, i change out the bucket for a clean one with either a ph'ed water for a flush, or one with full strength nutes. i run 5-10 formula in one bucket all the way through veg without changing the water/bucket (unless there are other issues). Then i flush one day before moving to flower, and two days into flower, then i move to 8-16. i will generally do a 1-2 day flush between weeks 3 and 4. After that, i really pour on the nutes with some sort of bloom enhancer until final flush.

it seems to be working for me just fine. but if anyone can see some glaring issue that i'm not seeing which could take my garden to the next level, feel free to holler.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

but..... you might have a stronger veg period if you dump that 5-10 after a week or so and then refill with 8-16 to finish veg.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

but..... you might have a stronger veg period if you dump that 5-10 after a week or so and then refill with 8-16 to finish veg.

let me see if understand what you are saying, then. are you suggesting:

1. after plants leave the cloner with roots, they go to 4-8 for a few days, then on to 5-10 for a week.

2. after running in 5-10, move them to 8-16 for a couple weeks in veg.

3. after running in 8-16 for a couple of weeks, flush, and move to flower?

i may try this on a plant i am very familiar with just to see how it grows for me.

let me see if understand what you are saying, then. are you suggesting:

1. after plants leave the cloner with roots, they go to 4-8 for a few days, then on to 5-10 for a week.

2. after running in 5-10, move them to 8-16 for a couple weeks in veg.

3. after running in 8-16 for a couple of weeks, flush, and move to flower?

i may try this on a plant i am very familiar with just to see how it grows for me.

4-8/5-10 ..... not much difference there. so you can come out of the cloner, into 4-8, let that roll for a week to 10 days and then dump/refill with 8-16 and run it until the flip to flower. that's how I run mine anyways.

i WILL try that. with all of my one gallon at a time nute mixing, mainly only mixing 8-16 would certainly help in ensuring that the water never gets mismeasured. i have done that, and it sucks to throw away a bunch of water mixed with imbalanced nutes.

and THANKS SO MUCH for all of your quick concise answers!

I've pretty much read throughevery page. There was a page in here somewhere, but I don't remember where it is and scrolling threw on my phone sucks.

I feel ya. im often on my phone as well. anyways.... here's what you are looking for:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/18150-need-your-grow-questions-answered-come-on-in/

that's the first page of the help thread. that one is a little bigger/longer/more pages/more info than this thread. its 107 pages i think. this is my grow journal, and ill always be helping people here and there in my grow journal, but the help thread is pretty much dedicated to just growing info/methods/setups/whatnot. I had considered combining them to avoid confusion, but now that they are both pretty big, I think it would just create more confusion :)

getting a bit bigger each day. i will probably flip the switch on these later this week: blue julianne:gallery_13801_60_108503.jpggallery_13801_60_177765.jpg

Very very nice my friend :jig:

i remember another person (Brandan?) doing a journal on this girl. Who are her parents?

Yes sir, I ran her. From what i understand the mother is a Blueberry x Cindy 99 and the father was a Jedi 47... I have no info on the jedi strain though

thanks, and thanks!!

im actually heading way up north in 2 weeks for the fall harvest. ill be up there for a week again, which means a ton of fishing :) walleye with f.l. huh?? sounds too good to be true :)

where you at again?? ill be making a few stops here and there on my 10.5 hour jounrney to the u.p. :) can't pass up walleye and Leonard :)

I'm in Traverse City. It would be a pleasure to spend some time with you! No luck this morning with the walleye, but the bass turned on for awhile after the sun got high. They were hiding under the lily pads, and just smackin a little rapala twitched along the weeds.

bassfishing2.jpg

I don't eat the bass, so they went back into the lake. Let me know when your heading north. Maybe we can hook something up.

Archived