Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:goodjob:

:pic:

this girl looks so friggin cute...

man o man how do you get them to display such an awesome shade of green....

"dialed in" is an understatement.

great work Bg !

haha. thanks very much. she is a cutie :) .......... well I hope its a "she".... im not into that other stuff. :)

seriously though .... I was "schooling" a family member/new grower earlier today and we were going back through the pages of this journal and comparing it to what he has going on now. he was asking about color and density and all that and it got me thinking......

it really comes down to time, observation, and that good old practice makes perfect thing. anyone can learn the basics, but it what you put into it as far as observing I guess. after SO many plants over the years I literally can just look at them and tell what they want. sometimes its a pale look, or a slight curl in a leaf. could be anything..... but when I see it I just "know" if its nutes, temps, light, humidity..... whatever.

its best to write EVERYTHING down for a few years so you always have something to go back to until these things are committed to memory.

I noticed you have your air pump hanging by some string. Is that to dampen the noise? And does it work?

Also do you find it easier to work with plants in normal DWC buckets as opposed to a RDWC? Thx.

I didn't even notice that till you pointed it out, mines the same way. It was vibrating and scooting all over so I hog tied it :lol: . Nice plants Bubblegrower, they're looking tasty :thumbsu:

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've posted but I had to pop in here and say something. I was doing the BG perpetual grow with my Lemon Paw strain for the better part of this year and it kept getting better and better.

At the end of the summer I ended the perpetual and put a 5 gal mother that was vegging for 99 days into flower. It had that same air pump you have pictured all to itself.

Using a slightly modified version of the Lucas Method that I more or less evolved into through trial and error, I ended up with an 8oz yield from that one plant after exactly 8 weeks in flower. Amazing! The quality was top notch and I am still in awe myself.

This board is a great resource, and BG you really got me onto the right track as far as I am concerned. Thank you to all.

I noticed you have your air pump hanging by some string. Is that to dampen the noise? And does it work?

Also do you find it easier to work with plants in normal DWC buckets as opposed to a RDWC? Thx.

I was *just* about to ask the same thing. Seems like it would be.

Been a while since I've posted but I had to pop in here and say something. I was doing the BG perpetual grow with my Lemon Paw strain for the better part of this year and it kept getting better and better.

At the end of the summer I ended the perpetual and put a 5 gal mother that was vegging for 99 days into flower. It had that same air pump you have pictured all to itself.

Using a slightly modified version of the Lucas Method that I more or less evolved into through trial and error, I ended up with an 8oz yield from that one plant after exactly 8 weeks in flower. Amazing! The quality was top notch and I am still in awe myself.

This board is a great resource, and BG you really got me onto the right track as far as I am concerned. Thank you to all.

How much light?

• 1 month later...

How much light?

I used a 600 watt light exclusively on this plant. So, it got spoiled a tad. I did a topic on the grow and what I've done. You may have seen it already since it took me so long to respond to this. Sorry, forgot I posted here.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/34942-i-yielded-8-oz-dry-from-a-5-gal-dwc/

Thx for taking the time to respond. It was nice to get an email telling me this thread lives on!

You definitely spoiled her so I'm not surprised at the yield. I vegged the latest grow for two months just to try it and they are trees now. DWC works!

However, other growers should know that one light for one plant is not an efficient use of electricity. The goal to shoot for is 1gm/watt. I have not hit it yet, but I keep trying. Even though you yielded 8 oz that's only .37gm/watt. Not bad though. The main thing is that the plants make it all the way to harvest.

Archived