Dr. Greenthumb Seeds "sour 13 "(New Strain!)

Since they are self-pollinated they are basically a clone in seed form aren't they? To conserve those valuable seeds I would grow one seed at a time and clone it. I understand the point of this grow is to grow out a pack, but if I get any of these feminized strains that's how I'll do it.

Basically all of Doc's S'1 strains have performed as clones to me. I have several seeds and cuts in storage for back up as I only cracked five seeds. I saved one for a mother and there are four in bloom in the pictures. The reason I run several seeds in each report is to give everyone else a look at the consistency, and also by doing that I am showing an unbiased grow. If I just show one plant or a particularly nice individual then I am not doing my job of showing you the real deal in full. If I were running seeds for Mr. Nice, Tricloud Genetics, D.J Short or Soma I would do no different.

That was a very good point you brought up though.

Basically all of Doc's S'1 strains have performed as clones to me. I have several seeds and cuts in storage for back up as I only cracked five seeds. I saved one for a mother and there are four in bloom in the pictures. The reason I run several seeds in each report is to give everyone else a look at the consistency, and also by doing that I am showing an unbiased grow. If I just show one plant or a particularly nice individual then I am not doing my job of showing you the real deal in full. If I were running seeds for Mr. Nice, Tricloud Genetics, D.J Short or Soma I would do no different.

The ladies look great in their new home bro. I think it's time I crack that Sour 13 seed of mine.... :thumbsu:

Good work porcupine, looks like Sour 13 is another fine gem from Dr. Greenthumb.

I'm also looking forward to seeing you do a grow report on a pack of Tricloud Genetics seeds sometime. :thumbsu:

• 1 month later...

60 days in and ready to chop. I want to apologize for the poor pictures as I had a brainfart and forgot to take pictures a few days ago (Darn that Chemdawg scissor hash!). These pictures are after 36 hours of darkness, stakes pulled and five days with no water (Sorry!). The lemon scent is intoxicating. I am really looking forward to this one. I'll have initial sample in a week or so to report.

med_gallery_6229_121_1302492.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_991177.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_627531.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_1983775.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_3000787.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_57712.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_46402.jpg

med_gallery_6229_121_240318.jpg

As far as growth and structure what do you think is more dominant? Those are some nice looking plants bro. Nice and heavy!

I would say they were about a 50/50 mix of Indica and Sativa. Very sticky dense buds.

Once I started chopping in to them, it was like getting wiped in the face with a skunk's behind that was dipped in kerosene and coated with Lemon Head candy. Yummy!!!

I would say they were about a 50/50 mix of Indica and Sativa. Very sticky dense buds.

Once I started chopping in to them, it was like getting wiped in the face with a skunk's behind that was dipped in kerosene and coated with Lemon Head candy. Yummy!!!

It's funny how I used to hate the smell of skunk...but now I love it.

What did the Doc say about flower time on these?

It's funny how I used to hate the smell of skunk...but now I love it.

What did the Doc say about flower time on these?

I love it when the skunk cabbages come into bloom in the spring here in Michigan. Most people think I'm nuts! This was the true smell of North American skunk also, not the sweet smelling stuff the Dutch try to pass off as skunk!

If I remember right he said 55-65 days.

LOL Sounds delicious!

• 2 months later...

gallery_6229_120_373775.jpg

gallery_6229_120_268923.jpg

gallery_6229_120_211495.jpg

gallery_6229_120_446721.jpg

gallery_6229_120_43786.jpg

Hello everybody. It's been quite a while, but I now have a full cure on the Sour 13 and can give a smoke report and evaluation finally. Sorry it took so long but I've been extremely busy these past few months.

I noticed that structurally all four plants were almost identical, but odor-wise and flavor-wise there seemed to be two distinct phenotype's initially, one extremely skunky and with hints of fuel, and the other more lemony and sour-like with the slight hint of fuel. In the end, after several months of cure in one quart widemouth Mason Jars, packed with one ounce each, they seem to have pretty much equalized, although you can still notice a slight difference in the odor and flavor. Effect-wise they are both pretty much identical.

One thing I would like to try with this strain next time I run it, is multi- harvesting. This also seems like a good idea with Doc's Iranian/G13, as I grew one of those next to the Sour 13's and it was very similar in it's structure.

Both strains had an extensive network of underdeveloped buds beneath the main canopy which would have greatly benefited by harvesting the main cola's and secondary's, opening up the underdeveloped budding sites to the full lighting for another week or two.

I have no complaint on yield for either strain, but I think I could have pulled another ounce to ounce and a half per plant if I had used this technique. The combined average between the four Sour 13's was about 2.5 ounces each of solid tight bud, along with a lot of the underdeveloped buds that were donated to a patient to make some concentrate. The plants were a solid twenty four inches to thirty inches tall at harvest.

As to the effects: This one is a keeper and will be in my garden for a long time. It greatly increased appetite and helped fairly well for pain. I never once experienced anxiety, or couchlock with this stain, but don't let that fool you. This is some potent meds. When first using this strain it is quite powerful, and you will actually wake up high for the first several days to a week.

That effect soon wore off, and it turned into a very nice medication. I smoked ounces of this stuff and never built up a tolerance nor did I get sick of it.

Sour Diesel fans will love this strain. In my opinion, it at least equals Sour Diesel without being as fussy.

• 7 months later...

Archived