Energy expressed in frequencies, yes.  It's fascinating that different pitches make different shapes.

Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries

Full LP

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uDRVjia9MAY

1- Electroplasm
2- Shpongolese Spoken Here
3- Nothing is Something Worth Doing
4- Ineffable Mysteries
5- I Am You
6- Invisible Man In A Fluorescent Suit
7- No Turn Unstoned
8- Walking Backwards Through the Cosmic Mirror

I figured it was in your wheelhouse. Thanks for all the work you put in finding us things. That Phraxis was great. Bootsy and Buckethead have recorded so much music, it is incredible.

Squarely in the wheelhouse: 1989 was my year.  I'm sure I got that LP right when it came out in September.  I was so stoned and tripped out back then! :lol:  It really hasn't left that much though, being tripped out and stoned I mean.

Zillatron - Lord of the Harvest

Full Bootsy LP, guest appearances by Buckethead and Bill Laswell

1. C.B.I. Files (Central Bug Intelligence)/Bugg Lite

2. Fuzz Face

3. Exterminate

4. Smell The Secrets

5. Count Zero

6. Bootsy And The Beast

7. No Fly Zone (The Devil's Playground)

8. The Passion Continues

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

Not to bring down the mood, reading all of T-pain's clips about arrests and prosecutions this song came to mind. Ted Hawkins is quite a story for people who don't know it. Quite an artist.

Be safe.

Nice voice.  Sounds like how Bob Seger probably wants to sound. 

Nice voice.  Sounds like how Bob Seger probably wants to sound. 

Smokin' OPs was awesome and I thought I was so clever for figuring out the double entendre. I give "props" to anyone able to make a buck playing music. Something tells me you've seen Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii - I believe it is Roger Waters talking about synthesizers and claims that band using them were somehow "cheating" by using them. His comment was "Give us professional musicians a synthesizer and five regular people one and I bet we make something that sounds a lot better." Not sure how it relates except I think Bob Seger is awesome for stacking paper and writing some darn fine songs.

Speaking of having fun. Roger Miller "Dang Me"

Smokin' OPs was awesome and I thought I was so clever for figuring out the double entendre. I give "props" to anyone able to make a buck playing music. Something tells me you've seen Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii - I believe it is Roger Waters talking about synthesizers and claims that band using them were somehow "cheating" by using them. His comment was "Give us professional musicians a synthesizer and five regular people one and I bet we make something that sounds a lot better." Not sure how it relates except I think Bob Seger is awesome for stacking paper and writing some darn fine songs.

I used skip school and rent that! :lol:  They had great use of synths.  I wouldn't take his comment to mean it is cheating to play synths but a recognition that synths are capable of extraordinary sounds in the hands of a creative musician.

Roger Waters playing an EMS Synthi AKS

Regarding The Seeg and his :money: I am happy someone from the glory days of Detroit Rock made bank.  Not entirely thrilled about those countless rock radio hits permanently stamped into my brain like assembly line car parts On a cold and lonesome highway East of Omaha but what can you do?

I mean wouldn't it be cool to hear a great and classic tune like this once in a while instead of Night Moves for the trillionth time?

Budgie - Breadfan

Regarding The Seeg and his :money: I am happy someone from the glory days of Detroit Rock made bank.  Not entirely thrilled about those countless rock radio hits permanently stamped into my brain like assembly line car parts On a cold and lonesome highway East of Omaha but what can you do?

I mean wouldn't it be cool to hear a great and classic tune like this once in a while instead of Night Moves for the trillionth time?

I can't get upset for a moment at the people making bank because the stations know the sheeple will listen to the if they play the new "Dimespine" 20x today or whatever the new flavor is. Get paid, it beats doing oil changes at Uncle Ed's.

The programmers are the ones who fail. Then again, could any artist get stupid rich and famous enough without the radio pushing only ten of them instead of the thousands there are? Is the internet creating a "leveling" of sorts where unbacked musicians can generate revenue from a global source of listening potentials?

I have been perplexed by "Classic" rock's refusal to expand the catalog of artists who made lots of great music that people would still love, or maybe they wouldn't.

But yeah, Budgie - in fairness, Breadfan did get play when it was covered by the heavy metal band Metallica. They are big fans of Budgie having covered one of my favorite songs in the world...

Budgie - Crash Course In Brain Surgery

I call it the Rock Canon, YesMI.  Only certain groups are in it and only certain hits by those groups.  I'm sure the research shows that stations mega-corporations will make more money that way but for someone like me it's akin to torture.

Definitely very far out of the rock canon; written in 1915 by Van Alstyne and Bryan

Ypsilanti Community Choir - The Ypsilanti Comic Song

(Different version?)

I’ll sing you a song that’s not very long
It’s crazy as crazy can be
The verse is as short as a pistol report
And the chorus is longer than me.

CHORUS:
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Ypsilanti wish again
I’ve got an auntie who lives in a shanty
In Ypsilanti, Michigan!

The great Russian Czar
threw away his cigar
Sunday night when I sang it for him;
He ordered me shot
right there on the spot
And I juggled the ball on my chin.

CHORUS

I sang it one night to the Kaiser alright
And he thought I was talking in French.
He gave me a cross, a great big iron cross,
And it hit me right square in the trench.

CHORUS

A woof is a woof and a goof is a goof
And a skee is a skee all the time;
A rose has a scent, but it hasn’t a cent,
And ten of them haven’t a dime

CHORUS

A wop is a wop and a cop is a cop
And hair doesn’t grow on your brain;
A goo is a goo and a spoo is a spoo,
Please excuse me, I’m going insane.

Think of the possibilities.

It would be rad to see a holographic Jimi Hendrix Experience.  Don't think it could compare to actually seeing Jimi front row (in dreams :skydive: ) but it would still be a blast.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W94Zn1M0PyU

The Stooges at the Grande Ballroom, Detroit MI

1969 live footage, LP music

Louder Than Love Grande doc trailer

The Who - Fortune Teller (live at the Grande)

Cream - 2 hours live at the Grande 10/15/67

Outta this world f'ing concert

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dEhJDumI8tY

Oh yeah baby

Come on say it

O-H-I-O!

O-H-I-O!

OHIO!!!

OHIO!!!

:lol:

The Ohio Players - Fire

Brick - Dazz

Heatwave - Grooveline from the Central Heating LP (1978)

Rick James - Mary Jane

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y4JKOOGV35E