Rockin' on and on and on and on and on...

:mp3:

NWOBHM Vol. 1 Compilation

1. PRAYING MANTIS - Praying Mantis
2. QUARTZ - Satan's Serenade
3. BIITCHES SIN - Ice Angels
4. SOLDIER - Sheralee
5. TRESPASS - Live It Up
6. GASKIN - Sweet Dream Maker (Single Version)
7. DIAMOND HEAD - Diamond Lights
8. BLEAK HOUSE - Rainbow Warrior
9. BASHFUL ALLEY - Running Blind
10. WHITE SPIRIT - Suffagettes
11. BUFFALO - Mean Machine
12. TRIARCHY - Metal Messiah
13. SWEET SAVAGE - Killing Time
14. BLACK ROSE - Sucker for your Love
15. BLACK AXE - Highway Rider
16. ANGEL WITCH - Hades Paradise

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

NWOBHM Vol 2

1. HOLOCAUST - Heavy Metal Mania
2. QUARTZ - Back in the Band
3. CRUCIFIXION - On the Run
4. BADGE - Silver Woman
5. AXIS - Messiah
6. MOTHER'S RUIN - Turn Another Corner
7. MYTHRA - Killer
8. E.F.BAND - Night Angel
9. JAMESON RAID - It's a Crime
10. OXYM - Music Power
11. LIMELIGHT - Metal Man
12. DARKSTAR - Rockin' Romancin
13. ZERO - Hold On
14. STORMTROOPER - Pride Before the Fall
15. HIGH TREASON - Saturday Night Special
16. HERITAGE - Misunderstood
17. DAMASCUS - Open Your Eyes
18. DIAMOND HEAD - I Don't Got

As if we didn't hate Lars enough

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/lars-ulrich-metallica-bass-sound/

This mix sounds waaay better, enjoy :)

Nice to finally hear Newstead's bass on this album.  As you know on the LP the bass tracks are mixed so low they are inaudible.  I heard an explanation by one of those guys that Jason's bass tone conflicted with the guitar tracks so they didn't work together.  I can understand that reasoning but always thought that in their grief they couldn't bear to hear anyone else but Cliff Burton on the album.  Whether it was a conscious decision I don't know.  I used to think having no bass was sort of a tribute to Cliff, as messed up as it was to do that to Jason.

Tough call but I'm leaning twords Newstead exceeded their expectations and then some. So maybe Lars felt intimidated and didnt want Cliff insulted/forgotten? Maybe James felt inferior because Newstead didn't follow him note for note 80% of the time (sarcasm)

I can understand wanting his drums a certain way but the comment to the producer about making the bass inaudible seems nefarious at best, in my opinion.

No matter how you look at it it sounds a ton better with the bass lines, too bad this isn't professionally mixed with original tracks. Whoever did this did a great job but got a little excited and made the bass a bit loud, again, just my opinion :)

Glad someone here enjoyed it

Tough call but I'm leaning twords Newstead exceeded their expectations and then some. So maybe Lars felt intimidated and didnt want Cliff insulted/forgotten? Maybe James felt inferior because Newstead didn't follow him note for note 80% of the time (sarcasm)

I can understand wanting his drums a certain way but the comment to the producer about making the bass inaudible seems nefarious at best, in my opinion.

No matter how you look at it it sounds a ton better with the bass lines, too bad this isn't professionally mixed with original tracks. Whoever did this did a great job but got a little excited and made the bass a bit loud, again, just my opinion :)

Glad someone here enjoyed it

It was a bit heavy-handed for sure.  Guess they were making a point mixing it that loud.

Iron Maiden - Aces High vid

Iron Maiden - Two Minutes To Midnight

Thanks for all the likes bish and everyone.  Quite a stash piling up!

Not sure I quite understand the Zionist ideology of Rastafarianism.  Rastas are supposed to be the Lost Tribe I think?  Hopefully their concept of Israel is nicer than the leaders of the existing nation of that name.  It can't be denied they make some sweet music though... 

Outsider Meets Jah Works - Headphone Spill

Bob Marley vs. Lee "Scratch" Perry - The Best of the Upsetter Years 1970-1971

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F8pU5ykQpI

Cleopatra's Bob Marley repackagings have generally had little rhyme or reason, but 1970-1971: Upsetter Years is a notable exception. The 18 tracks included here -- all original recordings -- focus on the Wailers' seminal collaborations with crazed-genius producer Lee "Scratch" Perry, one of the most important periods in the careers of both artists. The emphasis is on songs released as singles, and one -- the Bunny Livingstone-led "Dreamland" -- appears on neither the Soul Rebels nor the African Herbsman albums. In one form or another, this music is essential listening for any reggae fan, as Perry surrounds the Wailers' soaring voices with organic grooves and an oftentimes druggy-sounding haze. As a single-disc distillation of the Perry/Wailers partnership, 1970-1971: Upsetter Years is pretty hard to beat.

1 Mr. Brown
2 Soul Rebel
3 Fussing and Fighting
4 Sun Is Shining
5 Duppy Conqueror
6 Small Axe
7 African Herbsman
8 Kaya
9 Dreamland (feat. Bunny Wailer)
10 It's Allright
11 My Cup
12 Put It On
13 Keep on Moving
14 400 Years (feat. Peter Tosh)
15 Try Me
16 Stand Alone
17 Lively up Yourself
18 Trench Town Rock

MC5: A True Testimonial

First 15 minutes of this hard to find documentary.  Think this is a different cut than the one I have?  I'll watch it again to be sure. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USc0WnNFk74

Wayne Kramer on prison

Blizzard-like conditions in the dressing room before the show didn't seem to hamper the bands performance at all. :lol:

Some real fanatics and party animals in Don Kirshner's crowd.  Sabotage era - cool!

Black Sabbath - Don Kirshner's Rock Concert 1975

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17X41izg24w

Jimi Hendrix - 'Superconcert' Germany 1970 audio only

Drenched in natural reverb.  Someone said "second to last show."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Jk3qdFcQA

1. Straight Ahead
2. Spanish Castle Magic
3. Sunshine Of Your Love
4. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)
5. Message To Love
6. Machine Gun
7. Purple Haze
8. Red House
9. Foxy Lady
10. Ezy Rider
11. Hey Joe
12. Power Of Soul
13. Lover Man

Captain Beyond - Sufficiently Breathless 1973 LP

Sufficiently Breathless
Bright Blue Tango
Drifting In Space
Evil Men
Starglow Energy
Distant Sun
Voyages of Past Travelers
Everything's a Circle

Truth & Janey - Erupts

Shockingly kickasss Idaho band's 1976 LP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGGzwGbidGQ

1. No Rest for the Wicked
2. Birth of the Heart
3. Universal Light
4. A Child
5. Building Walls
6. Tunnel of Tomorrow
7. The Light
8. One Down One to Go
9. White Bread
10. My Mind
11. As I Am
12. Ain't No Tellin'
13. Hard Road

Bill Janey -- Guitars, Vocals
Steve Bock -- Bass, Vocals
Denis Bunce -- Drums, Vocals

The Truth and Janey sound is probably captured best on this live record. It's a mix of classic rock, psychedelic guitar rock reminiscent of Hendrix, and the progressive structures of a band like Budgie. Lots of jammy parts, some of them heavier than others of course. Some of it reminds me of the same kind of deep blues rooted 'Cream' material. Nice and heavy, but soulful and tastefully done.

This Truth and Janey CD shows that some things never change ... even in almost 30 years. This masterful live recording from April 8, 1976 at the Col. Ballroom in Davenport, Iowa showcases why bands today should be paying homage to Truth and Janey. They were laying down the heavy, slugging it out on the circuit, rolling off riff after riff, tasteful extended solo after solo... doing things their way, while thumbing their noses to the era of disco.

Sonically, this is the best kind of band sponsored live release. It sounds like a bootleg from an audience member, but a bootleg done off the soundboard after slipping the sound-man a twenty. It's clear, but it's raw. Instruments are all at discernible levels, and vocals are spot on, but there's a rough quality here that allows the listener to be taken back 28 years and dropped dead center in front of Bill Janey lighting up his stratocaster. I mean, if you like 'live' recordings that make you feel as if you were at the show, this one's for you.

Musically, they take all the influences of the day (Hendrix, Cream, Captain Beyond, etc.) and manage to create their own sound and unique songs. Bill Janey is a guitarist extraordinaire. Steve Bock's bass playing would turn lesser players' fingers into pretzel knots. Dennis Bunce keeps time like a Rolex without the pretentiousness. Furthermore, I catch Marc Bolan/T. Rex warble in Janey's vocals which is a plus in my book.

All in all, an excellent live recording that engages the listener as close to the live experience as possible. If you like the obscure, enjoy digging into the past, checking out a band that paved the way for good rock bands like Fu Manchu and Nebula, you will enjoy this.

I think I already heard "Ain't No Tellin'" somewhere, just don't remember well.

Another life perhaps?  A magical, mystical morning to you.

:sword:

Wytch Hazel - The Truth

Modern folky English Heavy Metal in the classic mold, reminds (very much!) of the great Pagan Altar.