How Much To Charge As Caregiver?

wojcikaf

Ikline300,

I have blown out both my knees from playing college football, and now suffer from arthritis from not letting them heal long enough after my surgeries, so yes I have chronic pain. Where did I say I would turn the sick and poor away I'm not just not targeting that market, that doesn’t mean I won’t work with anyone who is in need. Did you even read my entire post? I already addressed this issue. Are you too sick to comprehend what you read?

my opinion on this matter is really analogous to my opinion on professional athletes that make millions of dollars a year. The teams' events generate billions (or hundreds of millions) in revenue each year. Someone is going to get that money. If they have money left over at the end of the year, starving children in Ethiopia aren't going to finally get fed appropriately. Let's at least pay the athletes that have worked their entire lives for 5-10 good years before their bodies give way to age. At least the executives and club owners (who are likely already wealthy)won't get ALL of the money.

Well, money WILL be made from marijuana. Let's not sit idly by while corporations and wealthy out of state investors (see another thread here for an example) lie in wait to be able to turn this in to the next corporate gold rush. Let us work together to find ways to better our communities BEFORE the rush happens.

For the record, why have all you who are anti making money not in uproar over the advertising that is done on the MMMA web site? You’re a member of a site that that accommodates a business who is trying to make money, but then rips on the mom and pop caregivers who just want to make a living. Also the MMMA has a certification program that is pretty expensive, and I don’t see thread that are pages long arguing that. Just face it you live in a state that has the best opportunity for growers to make a great living, the state and your communities are only going to benefit from this industry. You really can’t fight it, so there is no point in trying to nitpick my posts to try and support your anti profit agenda. I'm not doing anything wrong, and only want to help the fellow members in this industry with my knowledge and experience.

my opinion on this matter is really analogous to my opinion on professional athletes that make millions of dollars a year. The teams' events generate billions (or hundreds of millions) in revenue each year. Someone is going to get that money. If they have money left over at the end of the year, starving children in Ethiopia aren't going to finally get fed appropriately. Let's at least pay the athletes that have worked their entire lives for 5-10 good years before their bodies give way to age. At least the executives and club owners (who are likely already wealthy)won't get ALL of the money.

Well, money WILL be made from marijuana. Let's not sit idly by while corporations and wealthy out of state investors (see another thread here for an example) lie in wait to be able to turn this in to the next corporate gold rush. Let us work together to find ways to better our communities BEFORE the rush happens.

With the Michigan laws there really isn't an opportunity for corporations. What you are going to see though are a lot of small grow ops providing for the people in their communities. The people that start these grows are going to be lower middle to middle class people who are trying to work their way up on the economic food chain. Which only benefits the local communities, because when you have more people making more money, they are going to spend it in the businesses that are in there area. That is why this movement is really going to drastically help Michigan’s economy. It is all basic economics guys and girls.

For the record, why have all you who are anti making money not in uproar over the advertising that is done on the MMMA web site? You’re a member of a site that that accommodates a business who is trying to make money, but then rips on the mom and pop caregivers who just want to make a living. Also the MMMA has a certification program that is pretty expensive, and I don’t see thread that are pages long arguing that. Just face it you live in a state that has the best opportunity for growers to make a great living, the state and your communities are only going to benefit from this industry. You really can’t fight it, so there is no point in trying to nitpick my posts to try and support your anti profit agenda. I'm not doing anything wrong, and only want to help the fellow members in this industry with my knowledge and experience.

LOL what advertising? I don't know what you are speaking about. All I do know is that I come here to meet patients and caregivers and to chat and learn. As far as these boneheads who go to pot growing school, I laugh and laugh at them. if you need to go to school to learn how to grow a weed you probably should look into other life options. Just my opinion though.

All I do know is that arguing about cost really has no point. I am sure there are scum out there who are simply in it for the money and wold turn away a really sick patient. That is their choice, they will have to live with that. I think that for the most part the majority of caregivers are going to do the right thing. Money should not matter in certain cases and in others it should it is that simple.

LOL what advertising? I don't know what you are speaking about. All I do know is that I come here to meet patients and caregivers and to chat and learn. As far as these boneheads who go to pot growing school, I laugh and laugh at them. if you need to go to school to learn how to grow a weed you probably should look into other life options. Just my opinion though.

All I do know is that arguing about cost really has no point. I am sure there are scum out there who are simply in it for the money and wold turn away a really sick patient. That is their choice, they will have to live with that. I think that for the most part the majority of caregivers are going to do the right thing. Money should not matter in certain cases and in others it should it is that simple.

Well currently there is an ad on the side page of the MMMA website advertising Green Trees of Detroit, and I'm sure there doctors and lawyers are in it for the money. Also in regards to growing school I see that as more of a reassurance thing. For example I would much rather have a certified contractor build my home than some guy who says he knows what he is doing, but has no credentials. I've been growing for years, and have read the grow bible cover to cover probably 10-15 times, but I still intend to become certified with a credible institution to reassure my patients that they are being taken care of by someone who is committed to their field 100%.

I agree with you 100% with everything else you had to say, there is no point in arguing, and I wish that I would see as much participation on other threads besides the ones where people just bash each other nonstop. There are so many individuals on this board asking how to become caregivers, but it seems like the first thing a lot of people want to do is attack them about their experience. I understand there are a lot of unqualified individuals that want to become caregivers, but why not just guide them through the process, instead of attacking them. I just think it’s funny how the ones who mention compassion, don’t have any for the newbie’s who don’t mean anyone any harm.

Well currently there is an ad on the side page of the MMMA website advertising Green Trees of Detroit, and I'm sure there doctors and lawyers are in it for the money. Also in regards to growing school I see that as more of a reassurance thing. For example I would much rather have a certified contractor build my home than some guy who says he knows what he is doing, but has no credentials. I've been growing for years, and have read the grow bible cover to cover probably 10-15 times, but I still intend to become certified with a credible institution to reassure my patients that they are being taken care of by someone who is committed to their field 100%.

I agree with you 100% with everything else you had to say, there is no point in arguing, and I wish that I would see as much participation on other threads besides the ones where people just bash each other nonstop. There are so many individuals on this board asking how to become caregivers, but it seems like the first thing a lot of people want to do is attack them about their experience. I understand there are a lot of unqualified individuals that want to become caregivers, but why not just guide them through the process, instead of attacking them. I just think it’s funny how the ones who mention compassion, don’t have any for the newbie’s who don’t mean anyone any harm.

Right no point in arguing...Each patient should be charged what they can afford to pay. I still disagree with the school thing, but that is probably because I got ripped off by an online school and see these MM schools as kind of a joke as well...I mean day 1 first you plant the seed....Day 2...Wait....Day three....wait...I mean for real. Anything you need to know about plants and problems with plants can be researched on your own you don't need to pay some jack A S S a ridiculous amount of money to learn what you already know or can find out on your own. Personally I would not care if a CG had a diploma from henry's school of pot growing. If they know what they are doing then they know. LOL :) Just silly to me. Seems like some butthead's found a way to make money off of the MM movement without getting their hands dirty which is fine I guess, just a bit unnecessary

• 10 years later...

Hmm, 30 dollars an oz doesn't look too bad for starters. I never thought about growing it. Maybe I should try it. In any case, first, you need to find the right person who will understand this. The fact is that I have always bought marijuana here, at PureHempFarms, and my knowledge of growth is minimal. Maybe I can learn it myself if I spend the right amount of time with this person. I don't think I can always pay him that kind of money. By the way, it's a cool idea to get the first oz for free. I am sure that this will help verify the person's skills so as not to lose your money.

Edited by fmustang1981