2 Stems From 1 Seed

Here's one for the pros....got a call from a friend of mine last week and said he had something interesting to show me!!! he has a seedling from a bubba kush seed that produced two stems from 1 seed when I was there the seed was still intact but there was definetly 2 stems that were connected to the same seed ....the seed has since fallen off and there are 2 stems with there first leafs,now these 2 plants share the same tap root my question is has anyone heard of this,and what are they like siamese twins?

Yep... I have seen this before and it's kinda rare.. They are basically just like siamese twins.. Some strains can produce this effect more regularly than others.. In some outdoor variety's I have noticed that this trait is more prevalent than in many other strains.. The phenotype that produces this effect is not usually the dominate one and many breeders would end that line with that seedling.. If you have the time and space grow it out... You never know what may bloom... You may need to employ some training of some type scrog or lst work well to open up enough room for two plants in one space.. Kinda nice though helps keep your plant count down... But don't look for twice the yield... not going to happen... Peace, Love, and Big Siamese Buds :))

Yep... I have seen this before and it's kinda rare.. They are basically just like siamese twins.. Some strains can produce this effect more regularly than others.. In some outdoor variety's I have noticed that this trait is more prevalent than in many other strains.. The phenotype that produces this effect is not usually the dominate one and many breeders would end that line with that seedling.. If you have the time and space grow it out... You never know what may bloom... You may need to employ some training of some type scrog or lst work well to open up enough room for two plants in one space.. Kinda nice though helps keep your plant count down... But don't look for twice the yield... not going to happen... Peace, Love, and Big Siamese Buds :))

Kinda nice though helps keep your plant count down

the guy at BDT'S had that in his grow and it put him over his plant count when Leo showed up

Kinda nice though helps keep your plant count down

the guy at BDT'S had that in his grow and it put him over his plant count when Leo showed up

Really!!! I interpreted the law to read a plant is that if it has root structure, and considering that it only has one root structure it is only one plant.. I would have to imagine that this would hold water in court... Even genetically it is one plant... LEO will try anything to arrest someone... Even if they have to bend the law a little...

When this happens it is usually one root system.... when you see separate root systems it usually means you have 2 seperate beans in one space.... I don't think I have ever experienced a true 2 separate plant siamese bean before... But anything is possible I would suppose...

When this happens it is usually one root system.... when you see separate root systems it usually means you have 2 seperate beans in one space.... I don't think I have ever experienced a true 2 separate plant siamese bean before... But anything is possible I would suppose...

Here are my double embryo Jack the Ripper twins. I probably should have posted this in Seed - Strain- Clones.

separate twins from one seed

The latest "devolpment"....the mutant put my friends count over and he did'nt want to deal with LEO, so he pulled the root ball and did a siamese twin surgery on it ....gave me the runt but it's gowing gangbusters lots of foliage,and his plant is doing just as good...I'll try to post pics!!....now will the yield be affected for either plant???

BDR...Now that they are seperated will they yield the same as they would if they were individual plants from seperate seeds?????

Well... Being kush you have a pretty good chance at a good yield... even for a mutant or lesser pheno plant, kush variety's usually yield pretty consistently... Most kush grows very vigorously and can over come stress well... Probably not one for the momma tent though... Crack a few more of those beans and look for a nice kush pheno to use as a mother if desired... The "double yolkers" are not something that would be used to breed with or duplicate by cloning as deviations are too unpredictable for most growers to deal with.... Flower it and enjoy!! :bong7bp:

• 9 years later...