Battle Creek Patient Robbed

Sad day folks...

Fox 17 article

WWMT 3 article

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Armed suspects kick down the door, breaking into a house to steal marijuana plants, and pistol-whip a man sleeping on a couch.

The armed robbery and home invasion happened around 2:50 a.m. Saturday morning in the first block of Battle Creek Ave.

The person who lives in the home has a license to grow medical marijuana and had marijuana plants growing in the basement. The resident was not at home when the up to four suspect broke in.

The suspects stole three marijuana plants, before taking off.

Using a K-9, Battle Creek Police found one man hiding in a shed not far from the house. He had the victims cell phone and marijuana plants on him. The K-9 also found the rest of the marijuana plants and a handgun in some weeds near the suspect.

Police are still looking for the other two or three suspects involved and ask anyone with any information to call the Battle Creek Police or Silent Observer.

-------------------------------------------------

BATTLE CREEK - The Battle Creek Police Department is investigating a home invasion/armed robbery at a house where medical marijuana was being grown early Saturday.

Police say that at 2:50 a.m. Saturday three or four armed suspects kicked in the front door of a residence in the first block of Battle Creek Avenue, pistol whipped a house guest who had been asleep on a couch, stole three marijuana plants from the basement and then fled the scene on foot.

The house's resident, who was not home at the time, has a license to grow marijuana for medical purposes and has marijuana plants growing in a secured room in the basement.

A K-9 unit was used to track from the scene. The dog located one suspect hiding in a shed a short distance from the house. The suspect had marijuana plants and the victim's cell phone in his possession.

The K-9 unit then located the remaining marijuana and a handgun in the weeds near the suspect.

That suspect is in custody. However, police say there are still two to three suspects at large.

The case remains under investigation by the Battle Creek Police Department. Anyone with any information about this incident is being asked to contact Battle Creek police or Silent Observer. (fox 17)

My thoughts...

His lights were covered (unseen from neighbors)

His air was scrubbed (un-smelt from neighbors)

He told nobody (no one knew)

He didn't cover the bags of soil or he didn't burn the boxes which the lights came in... I dunno.

Lets find out more and help get him/her/them back on their feet.

BB find out on Sunday who this might be, I will give them a bag of my ocean forest and a few other things.

am sorry to here this news i hope he is going to be OK but i know he will never forget it we alway tell people on here not to tell any one that you have MMJ at your house some times you just got to lie and say that you grow MMJ but not at your house

it's hard not to talk about it i know and it would be great if we could tell everybody that we grow and show off your plants. But this world if different now days

did he have a alarm installed? was there cameras installed to record everything? These are both a must have for any grow location. Perfect example of why it is not as easy as something to grow medicine. let me know if I can help in anyway, I feel bad for anyone when this happens and I'm glad one perp was caught.

So sorry to hear this, this is so wrong!

I hope the poor victim on the couch was ok.

I hope the patient is not set back too much or anything by this.

What did LE do with the three plants and what did they did with/if there were other plants in the house?

Did the patient get harassed by LE at all as a result?

I hope these scum get thrown in a cell with someone who knocks them in the head while they are asleep!

Sad day folks...

Fox 17 article

WWMT 3 article

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Armed suspects kick down the door, breaking into a house to steal marijuana plants, and pistol-whip a man sleeping on a couch.

The armed robbery and home invasion happened around 2:50 a.m. Saturday morning in the first block of Battle Creek Ave.

The person who lives in the home has a license to grow medical marijuana and had marijuana plants growing in the basement. The resident was not at home when the up to four suspect broke in.

The suspects stole three marijuana plants, before taking off.

Using a K-9, Battle Creek Police found one man hiding in a shed not far from the house. He had the victims cell phone and marijuana plants on him. The K-9 also found the rest of the marijuana plants and a handgun in some weeds near the suspect.

Police are still looking for the other two or three suspects involved and ask anyone with any information to call the Battle Creek Police or Silent Observer.

-------------------------------------------------

BATTLE CREEK - The Battle Creek Police Department is investigating a home invasion/armed robbery at a house where medical marijuana was being grown early Saturday.

Police say that at 2:50 a.m. Saturday three or four armed suspects kicked in the front door of a residence in the first block of Battle Creek Avenue, pistol whipped a house guest who had been asleep on a couch, stole three marijuana plants from the basement and then fled the scene on foot.

The house's resident, who was not home at the time, has a license to grow marijuana for medical purposes and has marijuana plants growing in a secured room in the basement.

A K-9 unit was used to track from the scene. The dog located one suspect hiding in a shed a short distance from the house. The suspect had marijuana plants and the victim's cell phone in his possession.

The K-9 unit then located the remaining marijuana and a handgun in the weeds near the suspect.

That suspect is in custody. However, police say there are still two to three suspects at large.

The case remains under investigation by the Battle Creek Police Department. Anyone with any information about this incident is being asked to contact Battle Creek police or Silent Observer. (fox 17)

My thoughts...

His lights were covered (unseen from neighbors)

His air was scrubbed (un-smelt from neighbors)

He told nobody (no one knew)

He didn't cover the bags of soil or he didn't burn the boxes which the lights came in... I dunno.

Lets find out more and help get him/her/them back on their feet.

BB find out on Sunday who this might be, I will give them a bag of my ocean forest and a few other things.

Sounds like battle creek is getting a bit rough, another robbery.People are not going to want to go there after awhile/

Telling everyone you meet that your growing is moronic and dangerous and leads to storys like this less than a handfull of people know my grows location and i never bring anybody outside of longtime friends into my home .

The less who know of your status the better.

did he have a alarm installed? was there cameras installed to record everything? These are both a must have for any grow location. Perfect example of why it is not as easy as something to grow medicine. let me know if I can help in anyway, I feel bad for anyone when this happens and I'm glad one perp was caught.

Why would some one give a neg rep on this comment, I gave you a :thumbsu: 1 up

Given that Michigan and the Nation is in a Depression, I think this will only get worse.

My prayers for the guy......and the traumatized family.

After a HOME INVASION, no one is the same.

"Loose lips sink ships...and home MMJ grows !! "

it's very unfortunate but i see this all the time. Anyone that has something of value has to worrie. Our medicine is better than gold to most hoods, and we will have this happen more and more unless we as a community put a end to it.

How U ask??? alarm systems, cameras, and guns it"s that simple...

With me being a professional security installer, it's easy to explain to my neighbor's why my house is like fort Knox's.

I tell them i use my house as a sales tool.------------ But the real reason we all know-------------------...

I'll give a example.

I had a drunk guy from the neighborhood giving my wife crap when i'm not home.

I reviewed the video and found out who he was, waited till his wife was outside and had a talk with her about all this. She freaked out went inside -and i could hear things breaking inside.

I laughed and went home.. about three hours later my back yard motion detector went off, i looked at the cameras to find him outside with a baseball bat coming towards my door. I turned on my speakers outside and told him to leave because i don't call the cops I deal with it... he started beating my house with the bat and went towards the cars. i said enough and went outside. i do have a ccw and did not brandish it until he came at me,----- then he stopped, dropped his bat and ran like a little girl. funny how a 45 will change someones mind..

Another good friend of mine lives in Ohio. I put cameras and a alarm in for him. A year later someone broke in on his wife and kids while they were home. The wife heard the dog going crazy looked at the cameras 20 seconds before they broke down the door. she had just enough time to retreat upstairs and grap her gun. the crooks made there way inside, alarm blaring and went to go upstairs, she fired three rounds down the stairs, they all ran out the door. the video footage showed they were the neighbors from three doors down. Cops went down there to have a talk with them.. they found one guy with a bullet wound to the foot.. kinda funny i think.. but his family is safe now.

with out the video we wound not have known that it was the neighbors that did this...

so ask yourself what will happen when im sleeping????????????:devil:

We can't blame each other for this. These folks could be getting their intelligence in a number of ways. I am very concerned about the pattern in BC. The MO of both attacks here have involved violence, when threats would have sufficed. It just stinks, the whole thing. I am trying to come up with a solution to help people avoid these kinds of attacks. These attacks occurred too close together, there is a common thread. I urge all BC patients and caregivers to be careful, as well as the rest of the good folks in this state.

I myself am very concerned over this matter,do you know this family joe?

With the resent issues w my wife we are taking a CCW class next week,I THINK ITS TIME TO PROTECT OUR SELVES! :sword:

One element of the culture that we just managed to get out of is this:

It used to be considered "fair game" to steal from a marijuana grower. Growing marijuana was against the law. That being the case, the victim of a robbery could not complain to the police.

Therefore the robbery was ultimately the fault of the grower themselves. For myself, someone broke into my home and smashed open a safe in the bedroom closet. Even though several police are aware that a safe breaking took place in my home, not one single police report has been generated about the crime.

I was a grower, so I could not be the victim of a crime.

NHI .. No Humans Involved. Therefore no crime.

To this day the police have not pursued this crime against myself.

FIY .. the penalty for safe breaking is the same as for first degree murder. Again .. no police agency has even taken a report about it.

This culture of "trash the growers" continues today. Although, I admit, greatly muted from when marijuana was completely illegal. We are turning the corner. Today, sometimes, a grower is considered to be human by the police. They actually respond to medical growers as if they were indeed humans.

This disdain for marijuana growers was something that criminals caught on to. Violent criminals became educated that they were preforming a community service if they acted just like the police. Smash and break every thing they could and grab anything of value.

This supported a crime wave against growers. The police and much of the public tended to agree. When my home was being broken into the police arrested me and let the home invaders go free.

From the jail, I called the newspaper and asked "Why are our police supporting home invasion this way?"

I believe that in our murky world of war and informants that there are times that home invaders operate with the blessings of the police. They provide valuable information. And as long as they provide valuable information, and the homes are owned by criminals, the invaders get a free ride.

When the police are the criminals, what are the people supposed to do?

This is what generates the public attitude of "if a marijuana grower gets ripped off, it is probably their own fault."

And all of that is what makes it so important about the reaction of the Battle Creek Police. This is one police department that views medical marijuana growers as humans. Humans that deserve every bit of the protections of any other citizen.

Archived