Breeding, Making Seeds

That Robert Connell Clarke crap from greenmanspage.com is older than dirt! I don't recommend reading that. It's very confusing and many parts are not literate or detailed enough to get a clear understanding of the articles point.

You crack me up.

Please read the URL. It is not "greenmanspage.com" it's Google books and it's free. Free is helpful to folks sometimes lol. Sorry if it's too dated for you, however you may be discouraging folks that could benefit from such a read.

Already have that one.

Really? What region did you find it in?

I didn't learn about the Cob until I got back and called one of my buddys up to inform him what I had obtained. He was like, man you should have gotten the Cob seeds instead bro! He explained to me how the Cob is Africas finest. It's literally the most potent Sativa that comes outta Africa...

This guy lived in Bermuda for a while and used to travel to Africa for some research team or somethin... So he was all about the daka... He knew all the large producers.

I never said I was a geneticist... Sheesh...:blink:

I really don't know a whole lot about breeding actually. I'm not a breeder. Though, I'd have to say that I probably know as much as the average breeder. I am, by no means, trying to be or implying that I am some magnificent breeder who knows all... dry.gif

The only thing I talk about when it comes to genetics is traveling to pick up inbred strains from places some can only dream of going and some wouldn't dare go... That and how it's a good idea to know the breeder that you get your seeds from when you purchase genetics.

An inbreed is also called a Landrace. I have 3 of the worlds top Landrace strains that I will NEVER cross and NEVER get rid of because I obtained them myself... I'm somewhat of a Strain Hunter. I've traveled to Africa and Hawaii and trekked through some pretty rough areas just to get a hold of strains most people have never even heard of man. These are strains that you can't pick up at ANY seed bank or via any clone-only venue.

The problem I have, is that I like extremely exotic Sativas. Not no hybrid breeder protected bs that is "mostly Sativa" or back bred lock outs... I like the real deal. Strains that have been inbreeding for hundreds, if not thousands, of generations. Stuff like Malawi Gold and Swazi Red... My all time favorite is Hawaiian Kona. Those 3 strains are my absolute, all time, top shelf favorites... I have quite a lot of seeds of each breed...

Once you go exotic Sativa, you'll never go back!

PS - Chimera and Shanti are both very talented people. They are good at what they do. They've been doing it for a long, long time. Hats off to them all!

BRo INBRED is not a LANDRACE...a INBRD has been picked out and narrowed down for a specific trait/s,. a LANDRACE is a wild FUXING PLANT....2 diff things. They take A LR from the wild to get the genetic desired traits then inbreed with itself or bros and sisters to get the one thing liek smell or height ingrained into it then either take it to like a F4, F5 or Cross it up with a cross to speed things up or to get pull out another desired trait to get a new DESIRABLE.

A inbred is like incense and LAndrace is straight up wild animals that have been found and bred for that trait. either way they all have come from the WILD at one point then bred down to get whatever it was that the breeder was trying to get out of the species.

Definition of LANDRACE from the BIBLE:

LANDRACE;is a (wild) Cannabis variety that has not been improved by humans. From Jorge cervantes.

Now they pluck out a landrace to improve a INBRED line for speed, smell, stature, etc, etc.

So a landrace is not also considered an inbred strain? Hmmm... That's new to me...:blink:

Could have swore they were one and the same. I mean, of course you can inbreed for specific traits and purposes but is it not true that when a strain is left in the wild without Human intervention it will inevitably inbreed naturally?

I mean, I could always be wrong here but it just seems a little obvious... :rolleyes:

So a landrace is not also considered an inbred strain? Hmmm... That's new to me...:blink:

Could have swore they were one and the same. I mean, of course you can inbreed for specific traits and purposes but is it not true that when a strain is left in the wild without Human intervention it will inevitably inbreed naturally?

I mean, I could always be wrong here but it just seems a little obvious... :rolleyes:

There is a difference between a land race line and an IBL or inbred line.

Land race lines are lines that haven't been manipulated by humans. They are allowed to openly pollinate and nature does all the selection.

Inbred lines originate from land race lines but have been manipulated by human selection. Certain traits from the original land race line have been strengthened or bred out through human selection.

Land race lines are lines that haven't been manipulated by humans. They are allowed to openly pollinate and nature does all the selection.

I was being sarcastic Tricloud... I know the difference between an intentional inbreed and a natural inbreed. dry.gif

Allow me to elaborate on why a landrace is also an inbreed -

A land race strain is usually a large group of unattended wild Cannabis plants that are indigineous to a certain location which, when left untouched by man, will inevitably breed with itsself over and over and over for hundreds or even thousands of generations. This produces very specific and heavily pronounced genetic traits as the dominant traits are carried over and weaker traits are bred out. This happens 100% naturally. Thus, a landrace is considered a Natural Inbreed.

Intentional inbreeds, or IBLs are not natural. Intentional inbreeds obviously have Human intervention for whatever the specific goal is of the individual manipulating the breed.

Hope that helps clear it up a little.:blink:

thc UR SUCH A DILWEED. I sad above Breeders take a INBRED strain then breed it to a landrace to improve the desired traits. And u clearly are such a smart guy so why make a stupid statement and give me a neg rep. i am dont with you. Your just a young PUNK. i was going to hold back but clearly you need some time to grow up and get out and get socialized like a bad dog on that show where Caesar fixes bad dogs. u think you know it all and son you don't know half of what u think u know. go read some more books and think your Jorge Cervantes. I do not have time to troll on every one of my posts anymore. i am helping people and benefiting the community. I am done with you.....have fun playing in the playground.

I was being sarcastic Tricloud... I know the difference between an intentional inbreed and a natural inbreed. dry.gif

Allow me to elaborate on why a landrace is also an inbreed -

A land race strain is usually a large group of unattended wild Cannabis plants that are indigineous to a certain location which, when left untouched by man, will inevitably breed with itsself over and over and over for hundreds or even thousands of generations. This produces very specific and heavily pronounced genetic traits as the dominant traits are carried over and weaker traits are bred out. This happens 100% naturally. Thus, a landrace is considered a Natural Inbreed.

Intentional inbreeds, or IBLs are not natural. Intentional inbreeds obviously have Human intervention for whatever the specific goal is of the individual manipulating the breed.

Hope that helps clear it up a little.:blink:

Is this not what I just said?

thc UR SUCH A DILWEED. I sad above Breeders take a INBRED strain then breed it to a landrace to improve the desired traits. And u clearly are such a smart guy so why make a stupid statement and give me a neg rep. i am dont with you. Your just a young PUNK. i was going to hold back but clearly you need some time to grow up and get out and get socialized like a bad dog on that show where Caesar fixes bad dogs. u think you know it all and son you don't know half of what u think u know. go read some more books and think your Jorge Cervantes. I do not have time to troll on every one of my posts anymore. i am helping people and benefiting the community. I am done with you.....have fun playing in the playground.

What is your malfunction big guy? If you have a problem with me please, keep it private, send me a PM; Maybe we can work out our differences.

There's no need to act so childish brotha... :blink:

Archived