Outdoor Flowering Period For Metro Detroit?

at 3:15pm

I was expecting someone to say, 4:2o

This website might help you in calculating the daylight, dark hours. And, you can put in your town or one close to it, so it's pretty accurate to your location.

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/custom_srss_calendar.asp

What is the least amount of light hours during a 24 hour cycle you can give a plant before you start to induce flowering? I don't know the answer to that. But, what I can tell you is, by the third week in August we are very close to 12 hrs of dark and it only get's longer past that. Beginning of August we have close to eleven hours of dark, and on July 21st we have close to nine hours of dark.

I was expecting someone to say, 4:2o

This website might help you in calculating the daylight, dark hours. And, you can put in your town or one close to it, so it's pretty accurate to your location.

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/custom_srss_calendar.asp

What is the least amount of light hours during a 24 hour cycle you can give a plant before you start to induce flowering? I don't know the answer to that. But, what I can tell you is, by the third week in August we are very close to 12 hrs of dark and it only get's longer past that. Beginning of August we have close to eleven hours of dark, and on July 21st we have close to nine hours of dark.

Thanks for the link exactly what I was looking for. But from the looks of the chart we dont see 12 and 12 until the 3rd week of september. Does anyone know if there are other factors besides light schedule that effect a plants flowering cycle outside.

• 1 month later...

Well it is strain dependent but some strains start flowering on as much as 14 hours of light, most stains need only 11 hours of dark to start flowering (people only do the 12 indoors as a precaution) but yes there is no factor other than light and strain. You can put it into flower by covering it for a few hours before the sun fully sets or taking it inside for a few hours a day and putting it in a pitch dark closet. Check the month for the harvest window from the breeder you obtained seeds/clones from.

My advice is just to be patient

jaybuds nailed it. it's all about strain photosensitivity.

i know somebody who harvested a Sour 60(60 day autoflower strain), in early july and has been harvesting plants every week since.

most indoor type indica dom. strains will finish in october, tropical sativas will not finish without a greenhouse.

afghanis and pure indicas, a few sativas will finish in late september, all depends on the region of orgin.

more chances of mold in october, less cover, more rippers and more hunters is why outdoor growers prefer september finishers.

the strain guerrilla gold is your best thing out there for early potent outdoor strains.

Archived