Removing Sun Leaves During Flower... Opinion?

vender

Now that is some defoliation!   Maybe just a real lanky, stretchy plant, but it looks like it has enough light.  Vender, have you removed leaves to this extent in past grows?

This is the first time I've removed that much. I have always removed yellowing or browning leaves. This is white castle and I pulled a good 1 gallon of leaves. White castle grows like a bush so I did a lot of pruning. I do like what I am seeing.

9 strains!? 6 of them are probably PoOp! :wacko::blink:

I seen that first pic. That bud was sorrry looking man. I toss pieces like that in the scraps!

I been growing for 7 months, I just got nice strain recently that I KNOW is gonna be my pride and joy. I never grew this strain before but thats fine. I'm willing to put this strain against whatever you got!

My strains tight, my nutes are right,... anytime. :P I got am Oz. on it. :money:

Put your money where your mouth is. Lets meet at a Mocc meeting or something. Bring what you grew not someone elses. I guess what troubles me the most when me as an experienced grower heres stuff from guys who have only finished 2 crops and they think they are all that. Like the guy who always grows the bomb, the wack or what ever else they call it. But never has any finished product to show.

med_gallery_13354_189_13533.jpg

med_gallery_13354_189_367670.jpg

med_gallery_13354_189_123344.jpg

Three of the strains Master kush, g 13, and Snow White

Put your money where your mouth is. Lets meet at a Mocc meeting or something. Bring what you grew not someone elses. I guess what troubles me the most when me as an experienced grower heres stuff from guys who have only finished 2 crops and they think they are all that. Like the guy who always grows the bomb, the wack or what ever else they call it. But never has any finished product to show.

I have been growing corals in saltwater for 15yrs. This is different but not by much, corals are harder. There are also quite a few coral propagation techniques that relate to marijuana, and its info I never hear talked about on forums.

I can tell you I have never grown the bomb yet. I never had a strain I thought was capable of it, I might have something like that now. :) ( btw bomb weed is now called 'Fire'? .. so I hear.)

Like I said I would put an Oz. on it, thats all I got and it would have to be 3 judges who dont know who made what or anything about the weed. We probably thread jacked this thread enough. If we want to do something like that we got time, we'll make a post. I just put mine into flower 2 days ago and would need like 10-12wk... So I probably am talking crap 10 weeks ahead of time ;) .... unless you got something you have just started or will be starting soon?

I have been growing corals in saltwater for 15yrs. This is different but not by much, corals are harder. There are also quite a few coral propagation techniques that relate to marijuana, and its info I never hear talked about on forums.

I can tell you I have never grown the bomb yet. I never had a strain I thought was capable of it, I might have something like that now. :) ( btw bomb weed is now called 'Fire'? .. so I hear.)

Like I said I would put an Oz. on it, thats all I got and it would have to be 3 judges who dont know who made what or anything about the weed. We probably thread jacked this thread enough. If we want to do something like that we got time, we'll make a post. I just put mine into flower 2 days ago and would need like 10-12wk... So I probably am talking crap 10 weeks ahead of time ;) .... unless you got something you have just started or will be starting soon?

I wont even act like I am surprised by this. Cut my meds after looking at 1 picture made al kinds of remarks about how good you are and you can't even produce any meds for 10 weeks. How lame is that. I was right another wanna be. And all this knowledge in 7 months. I don't see how you would even think about telling people how to grow. That is the only reason I even say anything. It bothers me to see people like you trying to tell others how to grow. The way I see it I won the throw down. You owe me an oz. When your stuff is ready let me know. And to show there are no hard feelings, If you need meds for the next 10 weeks let me know. You could try 1 of my strains each week.

I'm sure my plants would have been fine without trimming any leaves, and that's usually how I've grown in the past. This crop, however, is much leafier than I've had in the past. There are many variables that might have led to the proliferation of leaves -- more light, different temperature and airflow, new grow space, different plants (these are from seed). Strain variation is probably the biggest factor in my case. I've moved toward some leafy indica strains at my patients' requests. As others have said, though, get to know your plants.

I've taken gallons of leaves off of this little 3 foot high lady. Most large fan leaves came off by about 3 weeks into flower, since they were shading many lower branches that had plenty of leaf coverage themselves. About 5 weeks into flower in this photo:

gallery_4966_86_105018.jpg

I think she's happy enough, and still has plenty of leaves.

Wow what the world is that.

Wow what the world is that.

No clue what it is. I bought the seeds last year. Rather not disclose what the seeds were labeled as, since this certainly doesn't look like what I thought I was getting into. So, instead of 'bagseed surprise' we have 'Northern Ontario Seedbank Surprise'.

I wont even act like I am surprised by this. Cut my meds after looking at 1 picture made al kinds of remarks about how good you are and you can't even produce any meds for 10 weeks. How lame is that. I was right another wanna be. And all this knowledge in 7 months. I don't see how you would even think about telling people how to grow. That is the only reason I even say anything. It bothers me to see people like you trying to tell others how to grow. The way I see it I won the throw down. You owe me an oz. When your stuff is ready let me know. And to show there are no hard feelings, If you need meds for the next 10 weeks let me know. You could try 1 of my strains each week.

Guy I harvest every 6 wks, who said I didn't have meds? I said I got a bomb diggity strain I just put in flower 3 days ago. You want me to put my Querkle up against you? I would be a fool to put a mid+ grade strain in a competition. You should know genetics are key. :growl:

Like I said this is easy growing, 7 months growing marijuana, yup!, but, 15+ yrs exp growing. And most on a much more difficult scale. (and actually I did grow MM before, inside & out, not in the same league as what I do now)

Heres the Querkle boss, take notice of the deep color and amber hairs. Thats quality.

quote name='Wired4Success' date='21 July 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1279755496' post='187010']

Guy I harvest every 6 wks, who said I didn't have meds? I said I got a bomb diggity strain I just put in flower 3 days ago. You want me to put my Querkle up against you? I would be a fool to put a mid+ grade strain in a competition. You should know genetics are key. :growl:

Heres the Querkle boss, take notice of the deep color and amber hairs. Thats quality.

Looks like garbage big mouth. If you aint goin put up shut up' that looks like loose donkey bud.

like I said put your money up or shut up . You even compare that to this? As for tri on the Blue cheese it appears it wont have a lot. that was our first run of it Kingofbuds tried it and it was good I wont say great. Why dont you show a picture of your grow room, not just one little bud? I'd like to see your set up.

med_gallery_13354_189_367670.jpg

Why dont you show a picture of your grow room, not just one little bud? I'd like to see your set up.

Didn't see this before, my little 1200w stadium style scrog? I got a few pics from then it was being built. No recent pics but heres an idea...

(apparently I maxed out my upload quota so can't do any more pics. :( )

post-9027-032805100%201279766254_thumb.jpg

Didn't see this before, my little 1200w stadium style scrog? I got a few pics from then it was being built. No recent pics but heres an idea...

(apparently I maxed out my upload quota so can't do any more pics. :( )

This all started about cutting sun leaves. There are a lot of sun leaves in this picture. whats with that?

Guest thequietone

Okay folks, how about we get this thread back on track. I can start a new thread for the ganja throwdown if you would like. Just remember I am trained to be impartial so I offer my services as a judge.

Personally I don't think a careful pruning will hurt your plants as long as you don't wait to long to do it.