Really Frustrated

Hi everyone,

At the risk of making a bad first impression, I am really frustrated with how this community treats new people. It seems anyone new is treated with suspicion and no one is willing to reach out and help. I've been reading through the posts here and trying to educate myself for the past several weeks while going through the process (doctors, paperwork, waiting, ect). I finally have all of my paperwork taken care of and am legal. But I feel like I'm jumping through a thousand hoops. Not with my doctors, who were very supportive, or with the gvt- their instructions were sparse but clear. I am having a horrible time finding out where to go for meds. It took me 3 weeks to find a caregiver to put on my paperwork, and the price she wants to charge me is outrageous. I've seen posts about what some of the disepnsaries charge, which isn't much different than what my caregiver wants. Some of the posts say if you don't like what your caregiver charges, find another. It was next to impossible to find the 1st one! My daughter is in college and can find illegal stuff at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost. I'm not in this for fun. I need to be able to control my strains etc, and don't want to buy off the street. It seems to me that there is REALLY something wrong with this picture. Shouldn't our caregivers be able to produce for a comparable cost to someone illegally selling stuff that's been through several hands, each of which is risking prison and charging more than the person before them? Will someone please explain this to me?

Aside from the cost, just finding alternatives to my caregiver has been next to impossible. I've probably spent a week's worth of hours trying to figure out where I can get meds. I have looked through the forums and found numerous posts telling new members to go to local compassion clubs. I also found lots of posts concerning dispensaries. But most of them either apparently don't have names and adresses or this information isn't deemed worthy of sharing. I tried to find those listed in the Lansing area and after spending an entire day driving around where they were supposed to be I was unable to locate ANY of them. Shouldn't it be a straightforward exercise to find names, addresses, and hours of dispensaries and compassion clubs? I would love to follow everyone's advice, but please tell me, how do I find my local dispensaries and compassion clubs? Everyone in the medical community seems to be far more paranoid, and frankly shady, than the recreational community. I've even seen posts that say people don't like to give info to newbies because they are worried about the police. But I can walk onto a college campus and get info and even purchase illegal stuff from total strangers- and it won't take more than an hour or 2. WE are legal, not THEM. So why isn't this community willing to talk openly and help each other find quality meds at fair prices? Don't we all have enough to deal with without having to beg for help?

I dont know many college kids that stand to lose a house, car, kids.... People are paranoid and for good reason. I would love to help everyone in need but I do have to follow the law. The caregivers I know sell for very cheap $25 a 1/4. If yours is as high as a dispensary I would drop that CG. Go to the disp until you find a good CG. The law is only 2 years old and it will take some time before people relax. Sorry if you have been treated bad on this site. People are very friendly and compassionate on this site, just give it some time.

I'm about to change the topic to "really, really, really frustrated". Again, I appreciate your response. But you did exactly what I'm complaining about. You told me what to do, which I already know becasue it's posted about a million times. But just like everyone else, you skirted around my question and did not give me any useable information. WHERE IS THERE A DISPENSARY AND WHERE/WHEN ARE THERE COMPASSION CLUB MEETINGS? It's not a trick question and I don't understand why everyone is so secretive. Everyone's so worried about the police, which makes no sense if you are legal and if you are making sure your clients are legal. Not to mention I'm quite sure any law enforcement agency that is concerned about the line between legal and illegal is miles ahead of me in terms of finding these locations. Why is this so hard? Is this like some sort of hazing? Cuz it feels like it.

one thing you should remember is that it is still illegal in eyes of federal law. right now it appears that dea has no problem ignoring state law. anyways i have found some dispensay addresses which i would share but they are at my house and i am not there. i havnt tried to find them because i am still waiting for copy of cased money order. i found a d

I'm about to change the topic to "really, really, really frustrated". Again, I appreciate your response. But you did exactly what I'm complaining about. You told me what to do, which I already know becasue it's posted about a million times. But just like everyone else, you skirted around my question and did not give me any useable information. WHERE IS THERE A DISPENSARY AND WHERE/WHEN ARE THERE COMPASSION CLUB MEETINGS? It's not a trick question and I don't understand why everyone is so secretive. Everyone's so worried about the police, which makes no sense if you are legal and if you are making sure your clients are legal. Not to mention I'm quite sure any law enforcement agency that is concerned about the line between legal and illegal is miles ahead of me in terms of finding these locations. Why is this so hard? Is this like some sort of hazing? Cuz it feels like it.
one thing you should remember is th

Hi everyone,

At the risk of making a bad first impression, I am really frustrated with how this community treats new people. It seems anyone new is treated with suspicion and no one is willing to reach out and help. I've been reading through the posts here and trying to educate myself for the past several weeks while going through the process (doctors, paperwork, waiting, ect). I finally have all of my paperwork taken care of and am legal. But I feel like I'm jumping through a thousand hoops. Not with my doctors, who were very supportive, or with the gvt- their instructions were sparse but clear. I am having a horrible time finding out where to go for meds. It took me 3 weeks to find a caregiver to put on my paperwork, and the price she wants to charge me is outrageous. I've seen posts about what some of the disepnsaries charge, which isn't much different than what my caregiver wants. Some of the posts say if you don't like what your caregiver charges, find another. It was next to impossible to find the 1st one! My daughter is in college and can find illegal stuff at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost. I'm not in this for fun. I need to be able to control my strains etc, and don't want to buy off the street. It seems to me that there is REALLY something wrong with this picture. Shouldn't our caregivers be able to produce for a comparable cost to someone illegally selling stuff that's been through several hands, each of which is risking prison and charging more than the person before them? Will someone please explain this to me?

Aside from the cost, just finding alternatives to my caregiver has been next to impossible. I've probably spent a week's worth of hours trying to figure out where I can get meds. I have looked through the forums and found numerous posts telling new members to go to local compassion clubs. I also found lots of posts concerning dispensaries. But most of them either apparently don't have names and adresses or this information isn't deemed worthy of sharing. I tried to find those listed in the Lansing area and after spending an entire day driving around where they were supposed to be I was unable to locate ANY of them. Shouldn't it be a straightforward exercise to find names, addresses, and hours of dispensaries and compassion clubs? I would love to follow everyone's advice, but please tell me, how do I find my local dispensaries and compassion clubs? Everyone in the medical community seems to be far more paranoid, and frankly shady, than the recreational community. I've even seen posts that say people don't like to give info to newbies because they are worried about the police. But I can walk onto a college campus and get info and even purchase illegal stuff from total strangers- and it won't take more than an hour or 2. WE are legal, not THEM. So why isn't this community willing to talk openly and help each other find quality meds at fair prices? Don't we all have enough to deal with without having to beg for help?

The best way to find meds is to visit local compassion clubs were you can meet people to help ya out.Online your just a screen name w no face,go meet many like minded folks at the CC's. :thumbsu:

Sorry I just assumed you found one. What city are you in. Also there is a area on the forum for dispensary info.

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/forum/69-dispensary-information/

hello

i can feel for ya its a long road with lots of markers on it but no way to know what is right... you say where are the cc clubs theres a forum on this site that has the info... not to sound like an donkey but less than 5 minutes i found this...

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/20195-capitol-city-compassion-club/

if your in lansing then that would be a starting point... but im not sure what your issue is but asking and not complaining can get you a lot more info...

im new to this site but i have read a lot here and the info is here... im still waiting on my license so i can not help you or i would but you will also have to realize that its going to take time to do a grow so the caregiver you get is suppling you from there stock or getting it from someone else.. until yours are cured that takes time and there is a cost to this... if nothing else buy it where you can as you have said you at least are legal to have it and buy it... i know this also is not what you want to hear... sorry

_abbenormal

It doesn't matter if you settle with a CG or CC. Or using CC to get to the CG's you have to network in order to get what you need. A network is built on trust. As someone else said WAY to many busts for CG's to post the information you seek. I do understand your frustration, as I too have spent months working on mine. Until the laws lighten, Leo lightens. This will continue. GL

I am not stupid. I have looked at the other forums trying to find the info. How do you think I wasted so many hours searching before deciding to post?

Vender, I have been through and through the information in the dispensary forum. Most that are listed are missing at least one piece of critical info. They have a name but no street address or contact info and googling the name gets you nowhere... or they have a street address but no name and driving to the location you find an autoshop or some stupid thing. There is supposed to be a really nice dispensary on Larch st in Lansing. Several people on the dispensary forums say to go there. Name is never given, address is given multiple times- in fact 2 different adresses are given- but google map can't find either. So I drove up and down Larch...nothing. Supposed address is 16101 or something like that. Unless there's another Larch, the addresses only go from about 3000 S to 3000 N. The road ends in both directions before you get anywhere near 5 digits.

And Abbenormal, I find the compassion club information to be quite confusing and not at all user friendly. Sifting through dozens of forums trying to find a meeting and a location that are both within reasonable distance and at a time when you are available, everyone wants you to become a member (whatever that means) and pay fees before you even know if you are interested in that particular club. Just seems to add to the shadyness of the situation that they want my money before I even know if I'm intersted. If I thought asking would have gotten me anywhere I would have done so. But after reading numerous responses to people who had the same questions it was pretty obvious that by asking I would just get referred to the info I had already searched through.

So yes, I'm complaining. I'm sick, I'm tired, I'm in pain, I spend hours each week dealing directly with my illness and I already have to jump through hoops and waste what little time and energy I have dealing with my health insurance on a regular basis. So I happen to find it complaint-worthy that others who are in the same situation would tell me to go look at a forum or a website. If I had found what I needed there I wouldn't be asking.

Here, let me google that for you:

www.lmgtfy.com

I would say sorry for the snark, but i am not sorry. seriously. google michigan compassion clubs. IT IS ALL OVER THE BOARDS HERE. i have had nothing but a good reception from this community. and i think relying too much on others when you aren't fully legal yet, is expecting too much. i won't be legal until the first week of August, and i am not going to ask any questions that would put others in a precarious position. it would be selfish of me. you can get ALL of the information you need by looking through the links provided in my search string above in LESS than an hour. This community has a serious responsibility to be careful. some of our most valued people are being treating as federal criminals. please don't try to guilt others into compromising their families' well-being for your convenience and avoiding doing simple internet searches.

/rantoff

Every single member of this forum started out the same way trust is not something you should expect right away trust is earned over time .

When i first showed up here i heard the same things compassion clubs make connections blah blah blah or so i thought... once i started actually meeting people in these forums face to face and showing others compassion is when i started meeting the necessary like minded friends who now put me in a position where i never have to beg in an open forum again.

And its all because i put forth the extra effort to show people I'm like them out to make friends and lend a hand where needed if possible.

Every single member of this forum started out the same way trust is not something you should expect right away trust is earned over time .

When i first showed up here i heard the same things compassion clubs make connections blah blah blah or so i thought... once i started actually meeting people in these forums face to face and showing others compassion is when i started meeting the necessary like minded friends who now put me in a position where i never have to beg in an open forum again.

And its all because i put forth the extra effort to show people I'm like them out to make friends and lend a hand where needed if possible.

I guess King said what i was thinking, but with a lot more tact.

I am not stupid. I have looked at the other forums trying to find the info. How do you think I wasted so many hours searching before deciding to post?

Vender, I have been through and through the information in the dispensary forum. Most that are listed are missing at least one piece of critical info. They have a name but no street address or contact info and googling the name gets you nowhere... or they have a street address but no name and driving to the location you find an autoshop or some stupid thing. There is supposed to be a really nice dispensary on Larch st in Lansing. Several people on the dispensary forums say to go there. Name is never given, address is given multiple times- in fact 2 different adresses are given- but google map can't find either. So I drove up and down Larch...nothing. Supposed address is 16101 or something like that. Unless there's another Larch, the addresses only go from about 3000 S to 3000 N. The road ends in both directions before you get anywhere near 5 digits.

And Abbenormal, I find the compassion club information to be quite confusing and not at all user friendly. Sifting through dozens of forums trying to find a meeting and a location that are both within reasonable distance and at a time when you are available, everyone wants you to become a member (whatever that means) and pay fees before you even know if you are interested in that particular club. Just seems to add to the shadyness of the situation that they want my money before I even know if I'm intersted. If I thought asking would have gotten me anywhere I would have done so. But after reading numerous responses to people who had the same questions it was pretty obvious that by asking I would just get referred to the info I had already searched through.

So yes, I'm complaining. I'm sick, I'm tired, I'm in pain, I spend hours each week dealing directly with my illness and I already have to jump through hoops and waste what little time and energy I have dealing with my health insurance on a regular basis. So I happen to find it complaint-worthy that others who are in the same situation would tell me to go look at a forum or a website. If I had found what I needed there I wouldn't be asking.

The Brighton Area Compassion Club lets you come three times before you have to be a member. Just to see if thats where you belong. They will welcome you with no problem. :wub:

I Just want to mention how proud I am of the members who posted on this thread. Many common sense answers were given without belittling or berating the OP.

To the OP, these guys are really trying to help you. I have been a patient for a long time and still buy off the street. I just can't afford dispensary prices and don't have a good situation for growing. I'm working on getting something going but it will take time. I am lucky that I don't need the absolute best MMJ to relieve what ails me. I don't need a specific brand name plant or genetics for my situation. I make do with what I can afford. I have tried some really fine medicine, I found that the better stuff had me smoking less to get the desired effect, but not enough to offset the higher price.

I wish you the best of luck in finding what you want, but like the others above have already said, get to know people in person.

Thanks for your reply. The thing is, it seems you guys all think I haven't done any of this research already. I called this guy last week, long before I posted. He was very unproffessional. It sounded like he was at a frat party with music basting and lots of people yelling in the background. I was only on the phone with him for a couple of minutes, and he was talking to the other people wherever he was more than he was talking to me. I kept having to repeat my question because he wasn't paying attention. I'm looking for a caregiver, not someone to party with. Not that I'm the queen of good first impressions, ;) but it only took me about 2 minutes to decide I wasn't interested in working with him.

Here, let me google that for you:

www.lmgtfy.com

I would say sorry for the snark, but i am not sorry. seriously. google michigan compassion clubs. IT IS ALL OVER THE BOARDS HERE. i have had nothing but a good reception from this community. and i think relying too much on others when you aren't fully legal yet, is expecting too much. i won't be legal until the first week of August, and i am not going to ask any questions that would put others in a precarious position. it would be selfish of me. you can get ALL of the information you need by looking through the links provided in my search string above in LESS than an hour. This community has a serious responsibility to be careful. some of our most valued people are being treating as federal criminals. please don't try to guilt others into compromising their families' well-being for your convenience and avoiding doing simple internet searches.

/rantoff

Do you really think I didn't do any google searches? REALLY? Do you really think I would come on here and post such a frustrated message if I hadn't been looking extensively on my own first? REALLY? How do you think it is that I got into the state of mind to write such a post?

In case you weren't sure, from my posts earlier in this discussion, I HAVE LOOKED THROUGH THE FORUMS, I HAVE SEARCHED ONLINE USING DOZENS OF DIFFERENT SEARCH TERMS, I CALLED/EMAILED THOSE THAT LOOKED PROMISING (Those who responded left me more confused and frustrated than before), I SPENT AN ENIRE DAY DRIVING ALL OVER TRYING TO FIND ANY OF THE PLACES PEOPLE HAD LISTED IN LANSING (couldn't find a single one, either due to lack of info or innacurate info), AND I EVEN WENT TO A COUPLE OF HEAD SHOPS TO SEE IF THE PEOPLE WORKING THERE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP ME LOCATE THE CC'S/DIPSENSARIES.

Not sure if you looked at your own google search, but the majority of what it turned up are blogs/news articles about compassion clubs. Only a few actually lead to info that can help you locate a CC. You might notice that the ning sites that many of the CCs use are NOT present in your search. Only by posting here was I able to find those. So while you are "snarking" and sarcastically googling "for me," my post is doing what I need it to do.

I still find it extremely frustrating that the info is not out there, and those who replied with good info used PM. So the next person is going to have to go through the same frustration I did? Fortunately, no. Your google search did turn up one thing that I hadn't come across yet.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100966822855938121807.00047b79fc51d70ddaee5&source=embed&ll=43.818675,-85.616455&spn=6.198682,9.51416&z=7

It seems incomplete, but at least it gives those who come behind me a place to start. I hope it will help save someone the headache and aggravation that I have been feeling.

Do you really think I didn't do any google searches? REALLY? Do you really think I would come on here and post such a frustrated message if I hadn't been looking extensively on my own first? REALLY? How do you think it is that I got into the state of mind to write such a post?

In case you weren't sure, from my posts earlier in this discussion, I HAVE LOOKED THROUGH THE FORUMS, I HAVE SEARCHED ONLINE USING DOZENS OF DIFFERENT SEARCH TERMS, I CALLED/EMAILED THOSE THAT LOOKED PROMISING (Those who responded left me more confused and frustrated than before), I SPENT AN ENIRE DAY DRIVING ALL OVER TRYING TO FIND ANY OF THE PLACES PEOPLE HAD LISTED IN LANSING (couldn't find a single one, either due to lack of info or innacurate info), AND I EVEN WENT TO A COUPLE OF HEAD SHOPS TO SEE IF THE PEOPLE WORKING THERE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP ME LOCATE THE CC'S/DIPSENSARIES.

Not sure if you looked at your own google search, but the majority of what it turned up are blogs/news articles about compassion clubs. Only a few actually lead to info that can help you locate a CC. You might notice that the ning sites that many of the CCs use are NOT present in your search. Only by posting here was I able to find those. So while you are "snarking" and sarcastically googling "for me," my post is doing what I need it to do.

I still find it extremely frustrating that the info is not out there, and those who replied with good info used PM. So the next person is going to have to go through the same frustration I did? Fortunately, no. Your google search did turn up one thing that I hadn't come across yet.

http://maps.google.c...682,9.51416&z=7

It seems incomplete, but at least it gives those who come behind me a place to start. I hope it will help save someone the headache and aggravation that I have been feeling.

did you get my PM i sent you?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100966822855938121807.00047b79fc51d70ddaee5&source=embed&ll=43.818675,-85.616455&spn=6.198682,9.51416&z=7

You may say that you have already researched and found these sites but just in case you havnt I thought id post a few.

http://legalmarijuanadispensary.com/

http://potlocator.com/

http://herbantracker.com/

http://imedicalcannabis.org/

These sites give phone numbers for the dispensaries so you can call and find out exactly where they are located.

Thanks for your reply. The thing is, it seems you guys all think I haven't done any of this research already. I called this guy last week, long before I posted. He was very unproffessional. It sounded like he was at a frat party with music basting and lots of people yelling in the background. I was only on the phone with him for a couple of minutes, and he was talking to the other people wherever he was more than he was talking to me. I kept having to repeat my question because he wasn't paying attention. I'm looking for a caregiver, not someone to party with. Not that I'm the queen of good first impressions, ;) but it only took me about 2 minutes to decide I wasn't interested in working with him.

I think I would too find a different caregiver,the compassion clubs really are the best way to meet ppl,ppl have good reason to want to put a name with a face. We were approved in October on a saturday I found a caregiver and had a hook up by Monday,I had to research but was very happy and made a lasting friendship with this person,i guess we were just lucky. when looking for a caregiver I put location down as this was very important to me,I didnt want to have to drive more than 30 minutes away,I put an add on the forum looking for a caregiver in my area and started "weeding" out those that would work with us,on finances and distance etc. found a caregiver within 10 miles of us, a match made in heaven. Put it out there on the forum,where you are,trust me you'll get responses and then interview the folks as you would any other service.

contact the leader of the compassion clubs as they know many good and caring CG,you as a patient can get your medicine from any caregiver,if you want to be able to grow in the future I wouldnt list anyone other than yourself.

Archived