I have started my grow rooms using seeds that I have germinated. I have seeds that have come from Mexico and from Amsterdam. Does anyone know of any kind of test strips that can purchased to measure the THC level in your plants? I am growing my plants in climate controlled clean rooms with ebb and flow systems and would like to be able to determine the level of THC when I have finished buds. I have a 60X microscope and can see the resin pods on existing buds that have been brought to me to look at. I am not a marijuana user and would like to be sure of the strength of what I am growing to be used for medicinal purposes for my patients.

Thanks in advance for any leads that can provided.

Bilbo The Grower

• 2 weeks later...

To PROPERLY test for all the compounds in the plant material one must use "Gas Chromatography".

GreenHouse Seed Co. is one of the only professional breeders that actually uses this technology to test thier product. They call it the Resin in Terpenes test.

All other methods are extremely inaccurate and useless when you compare it to this method.

Interesting. I just took a look at this site and it appears that this tests for the PRESENCE of THC and certain CBDs, but it doesn't test for the amount of each. I'm gathering this from their statement that the test produces a "qualitative" assay, but not a quantitative report.

Go research methods class!

Guest Wayne

THC as a percentage of what? Dry weight? 10% of 28 grams would mean 2.8 grams of THC? Then you have the issue of titration/absorption. Can the human body utilize 100% of available compounds such as THC? Would somebody be kind enough to explain?

THC as a percentage of what? Dry weight? 10% of 28 grams would mean 2.8 grams of THC? Then you have the issue of titration/absorption. Can the human body utilize 100% of available compounds such as THC? Would somebody be kind enough to explain?

In a proper gas chromatography examination, the samples are taken and examined strategically from various different spots on the plant.

THC is found and created specifically within the Trichomes of the plant along with other cannabinoids. While THC and other cannabinoids CAN be found within other portions of the plant matter it is the most abundant and concentrated within the Trichomes.

Franco from GHS explained how they actually seperate the Trichomes from the rest of the plant matter, measure the compounds within the trichome itsself and determine a THC percentage based on the compounds of the trichome. This is called a Terpene Resin test. So for instance, a 10% THC level would translate to 10% of the Trichome being comprised of THC.

For medicinal and scientific testing the Gas Chromatography test is the ONLY test that is considered accurate and quantifiable. None of the other tests can be quantified in this mannar.

Archived