Any Interest? Antrim County Cc

I'm considering establishing a Compassion Club for Antrim County. It would serve the needs of those in/near Torch Lake, Elk Lake, Kalkaska, Mancelona, Bellaire, Central Lake, Elk Rapids, Rapid City, Alden, Williamsburg, etc. I have an excellent place to meet (an old ski lodge that's been refurbished), that has easy access and should be hassle-free.

If you're interested, please reply to this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, it's like deja vu all over again -- http://michiganmedic...compassion-club

Probably bad form to disagree with moderators, but I lean toward welcoming all the doctor Bobs that are available and willing to help patients. A family member of mine was a doctor decades ago, who changed his practices with respect to deals with pharmaceutical companies due to this ethical issue. It was my understanding that this was to prevent any possible tendency for physicians to be biased, or appear to be biased in favor of a particular treatment or drug. To comply with this ethical requirement, he stopped accepting all forms of gifts, freebies, 'informational seminars' (paid vacations to go somewhere nice and listed to a few talks about a particular drug), etc. We even ran out of free pens....

I honestly don't see how the arrangement proposed in post #7 above is questionable.

Best of luck to all the Doctor Bobs out there that are on our side, and to Terrapin Flyer.

Thanks for your kind words. I am just here to help patients and support the local organizations.

Dr. Bob

Wow, it's like deja vu all over again -- http://michiganmedic...compassion-club

Probably bad form to disagree with moderators, but I lean toward welcoming all the doctor Bobs that are available and willing to help patients. A family member of mine was a doctor decades ago, who changed his practices with respect to deals with pharmaceutical companies due to this ethical issue. It was my understanding that this was to prevent any possible tendency for physicians to be biased, or appear to be biased in favor of a particular treatment or drug. To comply with this ethical requirement, he stopped accepting all forms of gifts, freebies, 'informational seminars' (paid vacations to go somewhere nice and listed to a few talks about a particular drug), etc. We even ran out of free pens....

I honestly don't see how the arrangement proposed in post #7 above is questionable.

Best of luck to all the Doctor Bobs out there that are on our side, and to Terrapin Flyer.

I'm considering establishing a Compassion Club for Antrim County. It would serve the needs of those in/near Torch Lake, Elk Lake, Kalkaska, Mancelona, Bellaire, Central Lake, Elk Rapids, Rapid City, Alden, Williamsburg, etc. I have an excellent place to meet (an old ski lodge that's been refurbished), that has easy access and should be hassle-free.

If you're interested, please reply to this thread.

I think a cc would be great in mancelona. I would attend for shur, I am only 5 miles away. T.C. is to far for me to go all the time.

If there is/was a Kalkaska CC, I was not aware and I apologize if I stepped on any toes. :unsure:

Thats not a problom you only need two people to have a meeting the more the merrier we patients needs as any points of contact to makes things easier to find genetics and learn how to grow. :thumbsu:

I think a cc would be great in mancelona. I would attend for shur, I am only 5 miles away. T.C. is to far for me to go all the time.

I have a cabin between Mancelona and Gaylord. I have always said we need a CC up there. Keep us posted I would Deff. attend when I head north to my place. This old ski lodge is it in Mancelona? If so I have snowmobiled thru it.

Peace,

Mary J

The ethics rule is very broad and clear. It's the Code of Medical Ethics, "Payment by or to a physician solely for the referral of a patient is fee splitting and is unethical." And I'm glad it puts a bad taste in your mouth, because you shouldn't be doing it. You could rent space and manpower from the clubs, but the point is that as you've outlined, you're buying patients. 1-19 $25 per patient. 20+ $50 per patient. Now if your goal is to help out the locals, why not give them the same amount regardless of the number of patients? What you are doing is buying patients and it is unethical.

wish i could give +rep :)

Archived