248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

There is one in Cadillac , a lady at the Clare meeting gave it to me and i lost it. I am hoping to see her again to get it. But a Marijuana lawyer he is i guess.

I think it's Cameron Harwell in Cadillac. But, I'd call Michael Komorn. He sounds like a fighter to me!

You might also try Matt Abel, who lived in Mt. Pleasant for years while his dad was President of CMU. Location counts. As I understand it, Mr. Harwell and his sister have been engaged in practices which led at least in part to patient poaching from their father, a physician, in Ann Arbor recently. I have no direct knowledge of this, but the stories I have heard are disturbing.

Matt's phone is 313-446-ABEL (2235). Both he and Michael are very familiar with the law, have excellent track records, and would represent you well.

You might also try Matt Abel, who lived in Mt. Pleasant for years while his dad was President of CMU. Location counts. As I understand it, Mr. Harwell and his sister have been engaged in practices which led at least in part to patient poaching from their father, a physician, in Ann Arbor recently. I have no direct knowledge of this, but the stories I have heard are disturbing.

Matt's phone is 313-446-ABEL (2235). Both he and Michael are very familiar with the law, have excellent track records, and would represent you well.

If you can afford 300.00 a hour.

• 6 months later...

If you think that he is helping anyone other than himself you are ignorant.

Smokescreen

Smokescreen 2

REGARDING DR EDWARD HARWELL’s “SMOKESCREEN”

From the desk of Karen O'keefe MPP

Doctors with medical marijuana practices who don't do exams or review medical records (and are subject to exposes) have been a significant cause of backlash against medical marijuana both in states with existing laws and those considering them. The Arizona initiative only passed by about 4,000 votes and right before the vote I saw TV clips about docs on Venice Beach with signs that they'd give medical certifications and that didn't adequately evaluate patients. This is a huge talking point of the opposition and it's effective. There is not majority support for legalization and if doctors give recommendations to anyone who complains of pain and merely takes them at their word, voters will feel conned and support may quickly evaporate.

The issue of doctors giving recommendations in hotel rooms (or in other non-medical settings) has also caused significant backlash and a doctor in Montana was fined for failing to abide by the state's standard of care. Michigan's law requires recommendations to be made in the context of a bona fide doctor patient relationship, and patients were denied use of the affirmative defense when a court found that was not met.

There are several bill requests pending to narrow down — and even repeal — Montana's law and an initiative was circulated for repeal (it was drafted late and only had a couple weeks for signature gathering, otherwise it might have qualified). This is in large part due to the perception that people who are not truly ill are getting recommendations without being qualified.

In every state I've worked on medical marijuana bills, there's a concern about these kinds of doctors' practices. As a result: 1) it's harder to pass the laws; and 2) language is inserted restricting the doctor-patient relationship that is quite strict and that could leave behind patients whose own doctors can't or won't recommend (such as veterans who go to the VA).

This year a bill was introduced and passed in Colorado to restrict the bona fide patient-physican relationship and similar language will likely be considered in Montana. If people feel the law is being abused (and not used as intended) there will be backlash, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar proposal in Michigan.

I am not saying this to comment on this particular doctor. I didn't watch the clip, it is a general word of warning based on backlash I'm seeing elsewhere.

---------------------------------------

Karen O'Keefe makes a very important point patients should consdier when obtaining certifications .

"Michigan's law requires recommendations to be made in the context of a bona fide doctor patient relationship, and patients were denied use of the affirmative defense when a court found that was not met. "

Archived