Williamston Smokers Club Update

MASON -Prosecutors portrayed Fredrick Wayne Dagit in court Thursday as a drug dealer who allowed more than 150 pounds of marijuana to be stored in his home.

But the attorney for the 60-year-old owner of Williamstown Township's Green Leaf Smokers Club painted him as a compassionate caregiver who was operating within the spirit of the state's medical marijuana law.

The case, Dagit's attorney James White told a judge, "involves a bunch of old guys smoking marijuana."

Dagit has been in jail on a $500,000 bond ever since police raided the club as well as his house in Okemos two months ago. According to court documents, police seized more than 225 pounds of marijuana - all of which was provided to Dagit by a confidential informant - as well as about 40 marijuana plants.

At Thursday's hearing in 55th District Court, during which prosecutors amended the charges and reduced the maximum sentence Dagit faces from 15 to seven years, Judge Donald Allen agreed to release Dagit on an electronic tether.

He is expected to be released within days.

After the hearing, White called the initial bond "outrageous," adding that it was "further indication that this was a political issue regarding the marijuana statute."

The charges

Dagit, who has a medical marijuana card, faces the following charges: Two counts of possession with intent to deliver between 11 and 99 pounds of marijuana; growing 20 or more marijuana plants; maintaining a drug house; and possession of marijuana.

A preliminary hearing, which determines if the case advances to trial, had been scheduled for Thursday, but was delayed until Aug. 12.

Assistant Prosecutor Bill Crino laid out some of the case against Dagit in court Thursday in arguing a motion about whether he could present certain testimony at the preliminary hearing. Allen ruled that he would allow the testimony.

A confidential informant told police that he had been providing Dagit with marijuana since March. Dagit began operating the club in February. Court documents say Dagit paid as much as $35,000 for about 14 pounds of marijuana, although Dagit paid for some and the informant allowed him to buy some on credit.

Police then used the informant to arrange to sale of more than 100 pounds of marijuana to Dagit.

According to court documents: On May 26, the informant met Dagit at his home on Hillcrest Avenue, and put three duffel bags containing about 154 pounds of marijuana in a basement closet to store it there. Dagit gave the informant a key to his house and told the informant he could buy his own lock for the closet.

Dagit and the informant agreed that 50 pounds of the marijuana was reserved exclusively for Dagit, according to the documents.

Later that same day, the informant delivered about 70 pounds of marijuana to the club. They agreed the total price would be $56,950 and Dagit gave the informant $10,000 in cash as an initial payment.

Soon after, officers from the Tri-County Metro Narcotics Squad raided the club with guns drawn. They also searched Dagit's home.

'Overzealous' team

White called it "a classic case of entrapment" by "an overzealous law enforcement team, who weren't satisfied after being turned away."

He said Dagit sometime earlier threw an undercover police officer out of the club after the officer tried to buy marijuana, but didn't have a medical marijuana card.

"All of the marijuana that is alleged to have been the source of this crime can be accounted for by patients and/or caregivers that were members of the (club)," White said.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20100730/NEWS01/7300330/Williamstown-Twp.-smokers-club-owner-not-a-dealer-attorney-says-w-video

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATED 5:50 P.M. -- MASON – The owner of a medical marijuana club in Williamstown Township will stand trial on several drug charges, a judge ruled today.

Fredrick Wayne Dagit faces two counts of possession with intent to deliver between 11 and 99 pounds of marijuana; growing 20 or more marijuana plants; maintaining a drug house; and possession of marijuana.

MORE COVERAGE: More on this story and other medical marijuana news in mid-Michigan

No trial date has not been set.

At a preliminary hearing today in 55th District Court, two undercover police officers testified that a confidential informant delivered 154 pounds of marijuana to Fredrick Wayne Dagit's home in Okemos, as well as about 71 pounds to his medical marijuana smoking club in Williamstown Township.

Dagit's attorney, James White, has previously said that more than 100 pounds of the marijuana at the home was supposed to be stored there by the informant, not sold by Dagit. It was never purchased by Dagit, according to White.

On May 26, the day the club was raided, authorities allowed 137 marijuana plants to remain at the club. The plants apparently belonged to other licensed caregivers who were using the business, according to testimony.

The hearing was held before Judge Donald Allen.

Police raided the club, Green Leaf Smokers Club, as well as Dagit’s house in Okemos two months ago. Dagit has a medical marijuana card.

According to court documents, police seized more than 225 pounds of marijuana -- all of which was provided to Dagit by a confidential informant -- as well as about 40 marijuana plants.

White said after the hearing that his client was deliberately targeted by an overzealous law enforcement team, who spent seven days watching the Williamstown Township medical marijuana club before arresting Dagit on May 26.

“There hasn’t been a shred of evidence that Mr. Dagit did anything other than provide the resource of marijuana for the caregivers and patients that were at his facility,” White said.

He noted that it was the dealer, acting as a confidential informant, who brought up the idea of storing more than 150 pounds of marijuana in Dagit’s Okemos home. He said he intends to argue that it was entrapment.

“But for the actions of government, Mr. Dagit never would have stored those 150 pounds in his home,” White said. “It was their pot.”

Dagit was held in jail on a $500,000 bond for more than two months. At a July 29 hearing, prosecutors amended the charges and reduced the maximum sentence Dagit faces from 15 to seven years. Judge Allen then agreed to release Dagit on an electronic tether. Dagit was released from jail Aug. 2.

Before today’s hearing began, Dagit said he expected to be reunited today with his 15-year-old son, who had been in state custody.

Read Friday’s Lansing State Journal for more on this report.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20100812/NEWS01/308120006/Marijuana-smoking-club-owner-to-stand-trial-on-drug-charges-w-video-

Seems a bit like the chicken croos the street thing? He was crossing because he was CONned into believing he was Helping Someone. Being a good samaratan. He never had the money to pay for the Load they had brought him. (#1). He would have been in his right to purchase $10,000 worth according to our law. That is less than 24 ozs at $420/z

He most likeley wouldn't have crossed the street if he wasnt going to get something?

This is huge in the sense that it outs them for the scumbags they really are. There really needs to be some judicial restraint on the amount of force these Rats are using to Perpetuate their War on the Citizens who are legally able to use this Herb theirselves.

This has shown that this War on Drugs actually takes the focus off what the war is really on. Like most normal wars they dont involve Countries, Conditions, Substances and preferences they involve human beings being manipulated into performing things they normally wouldn't even concieve of.

Seems a bit like the chicken croos the street thing? He was crossing because he was CONned into believing he was Helping Someone. Being a good samaratan. He never had the money to pay for the Load they had brought him. (#1). He would have been in his right to purchase $10,000 worth according to our law. That is less than 24 ozs at $420/z

He most likeley wouldn't have crossed the street if he wasnt going to get something?

This is huge in the sense that it outs them for the scumbags they really are. There really needs to be some judicial restraint on the amount of force these Rats are using to Perpetuate their War on the Citizens who are legally able to use this Herb theirselves.

This has shown that this War on Drugs actually takes the focus off what the war is really on. Like most normal wars they dont involve Countries, Conditions, Substances and preferences they involve human beings being manipulated into performing things they normally wouldn't even concieve of.

Alright, the cops used crude entrapement, BUT anyone who thinks Dagit wasnt making a killing off sick people can wake up.Dagit was a prime example of people using the system, cmon guys do u really think he was acting within the law? moo-poo! Im not saying that I wouldnt have done the same thing, Im just saying he had wrong intentions, and dont even start your" he was doing it for the patients" crap cuz he was out to make a buck.Period.

Nobody should ever serve one second of jail time for cannabis. Mr. Dagit is making difficult to accomplish this goal with his actions. Enough said.

For real PB, how can LEO give 200 pounds of Cannabis to guy 1. Then have that guy 1 "sell" 200 pounds to another guy 2. Just to arrest the guy 2... How is that not entrapment. If not for the officer providing guy 1 with 200 pounds, guy 1 could not of offered guy 2 the cannabis. So the cops directly influenced lots of illegal activity. Distribution, Manufacture with intent to Distribute, Turning a blind eye to guy 1's illegal activity, entrapment, and so on. This is pure and simple BULL!

For real PB, how can LEO give 200 pounds of Cannabis to guy 1. Then have that guy 1 "sell" 200 pounds to another guy 2. Just to arrest the guy 2... How is that not entrapment. If not for the officer providing guy 1 with 200 pounds, guy 1 could not of offered guy 2 the cannabis. So the cops directly influenced lots of illegal activity. Distribution, Manufacture with intent to Distribute, Turning a blind eye to guy 1's illegal activity, entrapment, and so on. This is pure and simple BULL!

You guys are missing the point! Why was he messing around with that much 2 begin with.I agree it sounds like entrapment, but do u guys think he was helping the movement, actually giving leo firepower against us, darn people wake up lol

You guys are missing the point! Why was he messing around with that much 2 begin with.I agree it sounds like entrapment, but do u guys think he was helping the movement, actually giving leo firepower against us, darn people wake up lol

I didnt miss any point, yes that was way the heck over and he should not of accepted the deal, the one where he could help thousands of people at a very low price or even make Simpson oil out of it and give it away for free to people that needed it (cancer patients and such) and at a low price to people that want it. All in all, what I was saying is, he would not be able to get that if it wernt for LEO and guy 1.

I didnt miss any point, yes that was way the heck over and he should not of accepted the deal, the one where he could help thousands of people at a very low price or even make Simpson oil out of it and give it away for free to people that needed it (cancer patients and such) and at a low price to people that want it. All in all, what I was saying is, he would not be able to get that if it wernt for LEO and guy 1.

We both know NONE of that medicine was going to be cheap.100 a quarter was all that was on his mind, greed will not give us freedom, he was going to get rich off of peoples suffering,period

An agent of the government asked him to do a favor. Without disclosing he was an agent of the government.

This is a man that has a heart of gold. He would give you the shirt off his back, if you asked him.

Believe it or not, there are such people in this world.

Someone asked this man for help. Without this request for help, this event would never have taken place.

I believe this fulfills the required elements for entrapment.

An agent of the government asked him to do a favor. Without disclosing he was an agent of the government.

This is a man that has a heart of gold. He would give you the shirt off his back, if you asked him.

Believe it or not, there are such people in this world.

Someone asked this man for help. Without this request for help, this event would never have taken place.

I believe this fulfills the required elements for entrapment.

Shirt off his back....Hmmm maybe if you offered 100 bucks 4 it wake up and quit being a bandwagon member.Obviously entrapment, but obviously greed! Obviously raping sick,suffering people

Shirt off his back....Hmmm maybe if you offered 100 bucks 4 it wake up and quit being a bandwagon member.Obviously entrapment, but obviously greed! Obviously raping sick,suffering people

And you know this for a FACT? If he was selling, not the stuff he got busted with but, stuff he had to buy from a legit CG, then ya, I can see 100$ a qtr. Most places are more expensive then that even. So you know what his intent was with the stuff he got from the CI and LEO?

Obviously there ate two different ways to view Rev. Wayne.

You believe one way, I another.

I believe both ways should be presented here. Popular or not.

It would be very odd indeed if only your view were able to be represented here.

Obviously there ate two different ways to view Rev. Wayne.

You believe one way, I another.

I believe both ways should be presented here. Popular or not.

It would be very odd indeed if only your view were able to be represented here.

Dont get me wrong here, do I want Dagit to get locked up for cannabis? Hell no! Do I think he should be locked up if he had the intentions of turning that cannabis into high dollars? No again, as I dont think anyone should be locked up for smoke.What I think is the most hurtful to the movement is if he HAD bad intentions i.e. making big money off of cardholders dont you guys think leo is going to use the heck out of that in theyre fight against us? I'm not saying he wont give you the shirt off his back, just saying I dont think he would give it to you 4 free

Just my opinion.

Dont get me wrong here, do I want Dagit to get locked up for cannabis? Hell no! Do I think he should be locked up if he had the intentions of turning that cannabis into high dollars? No again, as I dont think anyone should be locked up for smoke.What I think is the most hurtful to the movement is if he HAD bad intentions i.e. making big money off of cardholders dont you guys think leo is going to use the heck out of that in theyre fight against us? I'm not saying he wont give you the shirt off his back, just saying I dont think he would give it to you 4 free

Just my opinion.

His lawyer has said something like "Rev. Daggit was asked to store some marijuana by a agent of the government." He was asked a favor and responded yes.

The Reverend was already used to working with a large number of patients. He understood the kinds of quantities that are required to meet those needs.

The agent of the government claimed he was also working with a large number of patients.

I believe Wayne was convinced that these pounds of marijuana would, ultimately, go to card holding patients.

By way of lies and deception, they convinced him to commit a legal act.

His lawyer has said something like "Rev. Daggit was asked to store some marijuana by a agent of the government." He was asked a favor and responded yes.

The Reverend was already used to working with a large number of patients. He understood the kinds of quantities that are required to meet those needs.

The agent of the government claimed he was also working with a large number of patients.

I believe Wayne was convinced that these pounds of marijuana would, ultimately, go to card holding patients.

By way of lies and deception, they convinced him to commit a legal act.

You shed some light on this 2 me to an extent.Set up like a bowling pin,sounds like.No denying that,if thats the case,and I agree its ALL moo-poo.#1 this is marijuana ,not cocaine,heroin,etc #2 I'm sure he had intentions of sick getting the meds.............but at a high price? Does anyone understand what I'm saying here?

You shed some light on this 2 me to an extent.Set up like a bowling pin,sounds like.No denying that,if thats the case,and I agree its ALL moo-poo.#1 this is marijuana ,not cocaine,heroin,etc #2 I'm sure he had intentions of sick getting the meds.............but at a high price? Does anyone understand what I'm saying here?

I was there at the club the day Wayne went to the radio station to chat with the sheriff.

Where is the profit in putting the cross hairs on himself that way?

The sheriff had vowed to arrest Rev. Dagitt.

I have no way of knowing how much Wayne planned to make or not. Who can read someones mind 100% of the time?

That has mo impact on the heart and intent of the sheriff. The sheriff that stated his intent.

Do you understand arguing HIS intent is moot if you are not HIM? He could of had dollar signs in his eyes, he could of had compassionate eyes, ONLY HE KNOWS WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO! Do you understand what I am saying?

Do you understand arguing HIS intent is moot if you are not HIM? He could of had dollar signs in his eyes, he could of had compassionate eyes, ONLY HE KNOWS WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO! Do you understand what I am saying?

Dude you think what u want and i think the way i want, no problem, I dont have problems! My opinion is that he saw a way to make a bunch of loot, now I guess its the law who is going to decide if he was within his limits Also, being at the club might have biased your opinion and atittude dontcha think?

Dude you think what u want and i think the way i want, no problem, I dont have problems! My opinion is that he saw a way to make a bunch of loot, now I guess its the law who is going to decide if he was within his limits Also, being at the club might have biased your opinion and atittude dontcha think?

Perhaps .. but that wouldn't change the criteria for entrapment.

The sheriff vowed to bust him. The sheriff arranged for a delivery of massive quantities of marijuana to Wayne. No charges are pending against the sheriff for delivery of marijuana.

I believe the sheriff entrapped an otherwise innocent man. And I believe he committed at least one felony to do so.

Archived