West Side Blues

Hello to all,

It feels lonely on the West Side of the state. All of you cats on the East Side sure seem to be having fun. It still feels like 3 years ago over here. Gotta hide in the shadows. Lots of religion in my area, and not the good kind.

No big surprise I guess. These religious idiots have been jamming their misguided puritanical morals down our throats for years. Our strippers have to wear nylons and bikinis. Did you really think they would let us smoke weed in peace? Although I heard it's ok to get drunk and beat your wife here if you want.

Same here, a lot of holier than thou mentality, talk about their church and faith, yet treat ppl like crap, I'll never forget the awful stunts they pulled on me, can't trust them, have to be extremely careful what I say, dress conservative around them- what's that saying, "Jesus save me from your followers." They preach from their holy book and often do the opposite. It's not just about beliefs but how we live our lives, how we treat others, it's about Respect for self and others, and Tolerance, not conditional. It's so sad. If they only knew my beliefs I'd never hear the end of it, I don't bother trying to educate them, just showing some concern gets me the blank stares and cruel remarks, they twist my good intentions and throw them back at me in unrecognizable form, some have turned on me and refuse to acknowledge my good intentions, it's so sad. They have a right to their beliefs but I'm sure they'd say I don't have a right to mine and condemn me to hell. That reminded me of something someone said at the 7/21 protest about believing in their rights and asking if they believed in ours, some got the message and honked. I try explaining to those who wage war on natural care, that I disagree with their choices but I don't deny it to them yet they deny mine to me, it's not just MM. I am sure most of them voted against MM they have that negitive image and believe the Refer Madness crap. If I argue or try giving facts they could accuse me of something and ruin my life though they'd have nothing on me. It's so sad. I know all are not that way so I'm not generalizing, just sharing experiences with some I know who are narrow-minded, some I hear talking about someone who was arrested for using Mj, I don't know if the person was legal or not but I could tell by the tones how glad they were and I'm sure if they were ill and nothing worked, they'd rather die than even consider MM. Thankfully there are many who are tolerant enough who voted for this law although they wouldn't use it themselves but I don't know who they are or I'd ask them to help us fight because we need their voices too.

Sincerely, Sb

West MI is full of fun, with things like fishing on Gull Lake on walking on the Kal-Haven Trail or just lounging around sipping on some cold MJ tea.

I have been looking around at the Kalamazoo River (now called the Rainbow River) taking pics and

Bicycling on the Linear Path in Battle Creek is kinda out of mind for like another month until the stink is gone.

SB... I keep back the local bible thumpers like I would keep back the fuzz, walk outside close the door, and completely agree with them, keep the propaganda then recite all types of crazy internet conspiracy theories.

It makes me happy to see everyone hopping on this. I guess I shouldn't feel so alone. I have been involved with these forums for a bit but haven't stepped out and met too many folks face to face. It would be cool to meet some of yall. Any Compassion club meetings coming up?

yeah, i feel that same loneliness, when my wife isn't around. if you think NOT being a christian (whatever that even means anymore) is hard in West MI, you should try being a Christian and having the beliefs that i have! Talk about alone. i really have to maintain separate groups of friends because i can't talk about my love for MMJ and other 'liberal' thoughts with my christian friends, and my friends that aren't christians don't wanna hear about my beliefs. my wife and i do have one other couple-friends that are pretty cool, and are christians, but they don't even get the MMJ thing. so, i have to segregate that out of all of my conversations with someone that in so many other ways, i consider my best friend. i understand why people don't wanna be christians - they've not seen too many of us live like Jesus - actually walking the talk. i think it was St. Thomas Aquinas that once said, "Where ever you go, spread the Good News, and if necessary, use words." and it was Ghandi that said, "I like your Christ. I don't like your Christian." Truer words were never spoken.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHh..... Sorry guys, but I dress how I dress, bottom line, if someone does not like it, o well for them. I used to work for a guy, his WHOLE family was deep seeded religious... I have my eyebrow pierced, tattoos, and I wear mostly concert tee shirts. I worked for him till my back gave out and he admitted that he lost one of his best workers when I left. He hated the way I looked, but respected the fact that I was a great worker and did my job and then some. Yes, I do get nasty looks from some people cuz of how I look, but I normally give them the finger and a smile :)

yeah, i feel that same loneliness, when my wife isn't around. if you think NOT being a christian (whatever that even means anymore) is hard in West MI, you should try being a Christian and having the beliefs that i have! Talk about alone. i really have to maintain separate groups of friends because i can't talk about my love for MMJ and other 'liberal' thoughts with my christian friends, and my friends that aren't christians don't wanna hear about my beliefs. my wife and i do have one other couple-friends that are pretty cool, and are christians, but they don't even get the MMJ thing. so, i have to segregate that out of all of my conversations with someone that in so many other ways, i consider my best friend. i understand why people don't wanna be christians - they've not seen too many of us live like Jesus - actually walking the talk. i think it was St. Thomas Aquinas that once said, "Where ever you go, spread the Good News, and if necessary, use words." and it was Ghandi that said, "I like your Christ. I don't like your Christian." Truer words were never spoken.

Definitely a tight situation for you my friend. It is amazing the ways that people are persecuted. I would listen to your Christian beliefs. I find every subject is worth learning a little more about.

haha... well, the one thing i DO know, is that the more i know, the more i DON'T know! I came from a background of punk rock (when it was actually punk rock, and not a style you could buy at the mall). so, i am used to being the odd one out, and questioning the things that people just take for granted. i am not very good at being just a blind follower. but i also know that God intervened in my life in a very real way some years ago. so, ever since then, i have just journeyed to find out what all of that means in my life.

haha... well, the one thing i DO know, is that the more i know, the more i DON'T know! I came from a background of punk rock (when it was actually punk rock, and not a style you could buy at the mall). so, i am used to being the odd one out, and questioning the things that people just take for granted. i am not very good at being just a blind follower. but i also know that God intervened in my life in a very real way some years ago. so, ever since then, i have just journeyed to find out what all of that means in my life.

It's definitely a different journey for everyone. Glad to see that you can experience all that life has to offer, and that your faith opens doors instead of closes them for you. Here's a super interesting video on religion. Set aside a few hours and enjoy the ride. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=0kHhc67GopM&feature=related

umm, to the lonely guy at the top of the thread? go fishing or on any nature trail, anywhere, and you will find stoners. or at a beach at sunset...thats when the families go home, and the smokers come out. sometimes they have guitars or drums. they are the happy, smiley people having fun...

umm, to the lonely guy at the top of the thread? go fishing or on any nature trail, anywhere, and you will find stoners. or at a beach at sunset...thats when the families go home, and the smokers come out. sometimes they have guitars or drums. they are the happy, smiley people having fun...

Those sound like my kind of people. Very heady advice Christina... I am not as lonely as I let on. I more mean that there is not a lot of representaion on these forums from the West Side. Furthermore, there is even less of a MMJ scene around here. However, there are a ton of good people jumping on board. Just a matter of time!

Same here, a lot of holier than thou mentality, talk about their church and faith, yet treat ppl like crap, I'll never forget the awful stunts they pulled on me, can't trust them, have to be extremely careful what I say, dress conservative around them- what's that saying, "Jesus save me from your followers." They preach from their holy book and often do the opposite. It's not just about beliefs but how we live our lives, how we treat others, it's about Respect for self and others, and Tolerance, not conditional. It's so sad. If they only knew my beliefs I'd never hear the end of it, I don't bother trying to educate them, just showing some concern gets me the blank stares and cruel remarks, they twist my good intentions and throw them back at me in unrecognizable form, some have turned on me and refuse to acknowledge my good intentions, it's so sad. They have a right to their beliefs but I'm sure they'd say I don't have a right to mine and condemn me to hell. That reminded me of something someone said at the 7/21 protest about believing in their rights and asking if they believed in ours, some got the message and honked. I try explaining to those who wage war on natural care, that I disagree with their choices but I don't deny it to them yet they deny mine to me, it's not just MM. I am sure most of them voted against MM they have that negitive image and believe the Refer Madness crap. If I argue or try giving facts they could accuse me of something and ruin my life though they'd have nothing on me. It's so sad. I know all are not that way so I'm not generalizing, just sharing experiences with some I know who are narrow-minded, some I hear talking about someone who was arrested for using Mj, I don't know if the person was legal or not but I could tell by the tones how glad they were and I'm sure if they were ill and nothing worked, they'd rather die than even consider MM. Thankfully there are many who are tolerant enough who voted for this law although they wouldn't use it themselves but I don't know who they are or I'd ask them to help us fight because we need their voices too.

Sincerely, Sb

Oh I was brought up Dutch Christian Reformed, went to church sundays, sermon,sunday school, afternoon Dutch Sermon, evening sermon, then Monday was Calvin Instruction, then Wednesdays was Calvinettes, oh and all the time my mother and father had fights as we had 8 children and we all worked in the greenhouses for Lawrence Wenke's Father in Comstock on Market Street and Sprinkle Road. Oh yeah, Don't Vote for that Crook! all of us all went to the same church too, alas, we also went to the Christian Schools in Kalamazoo. Don't speak to those public school kids! LOL what a bunch of garbage! Left home when I was almost 13, found my freedom in Hippy Land! LOL Also learned about other peoples lives and we demonstrated against the war! My mother beat me almost everyday of my life! She was such a mean spirited person. I never had a warm relationship with her. So much for those Dutch hardliners that left Liberal Netherlands to get away from the Nazi and Communists. So having had "religion" stuffed down my throat and being discriminated against for being a woman, I found my freedom in Marijuana at a young age and became a child of the streets and juvenile home when they would catch me occasionally! Oh I have stories about our minister picking me up and telling me I am going to live with them! That lasted two days! "Jesus is just alright with me" (Quoting the Doobie Brothers)I never liked alcohol as I puked it up! Yeah you all know and remember when we tried stuff at a young age. The guys from Viet Nam came home with crates of marijuana. Stories! Oh I have stories! But yeah, those folks on this side of the state are soooooooo Dutch! Learn about their upbringing and you learn that they are soooo narrowminded it's sad. But Jesus set me free in 1972 and yeah off the streets and married, divorced, 2 kids and 4 grandkids later I have survived and until my disability, well being a Type-A Workaholic as the Dutch are for sure, I am slowly creeping out of my shell of 8 years and learning there is life aftet being knocked down. Last year I tried marijuana after many years of doing pills I am reborn and off 5 pills and almost back to my old weight! Sitting idle is not a good thing! Thank you Lord for creating marijuana on the third day of creation so that when you created humans on the sixth day it was ready for their pain and stress. Surely the Lord would have put pharmacies on earth if that is what was intended. Humans have screwed this world up with chemicals and forget their roots. Let have some peace and love! sorry Had to write a lot of thoughts! You made me think! LOL

Peace and Love and Just Imagine!

how do you expect people to receive you, when you present yourself as a type that says, "F you," before you even open your mouth.

most of us have been smoking this stuff long before our problems presented (ailments). so, now to say, "this is a medical condition, you HAVE to accept it, so shove it!" is not really going to convince anyone you're using it purely for medical conditions. how many Flexeril, morphine, Oxy or other pain reliever conferences, universities, clubs or any else, do you see?

unfortunately, the stereotype being represented and cemented, is the one of a "F-authority" type, rebelious and anti-religious. would you expect someone to welcome you with open arms when your looks alone say "F you?"

you can't have your cake and eat it, too. you want people to respect your, you need to show them respect and not try to intimidate them straight out the gaits. not all, but i see quite a few in the vid's who are straight up partying-looking types. you take that, in contrast with say, the way blueberry was dressed at the saginaw rally, and i can guarantee you who is going to get more respect - blueberry.

nobody is going to be won over to the fact that this material is helpful to many and could be helpful to so many more, when the image is being portrayed that we're all a bunch of partyers, whose drug of choice is now legal.

this has been bothering me. it reminds me of the kids who dress like thugs, and then wonder why they get targeted by police/security. maybe it's because you are representing yourself as the type of individual who does cause problems, steals and is a thug.

i am a christian. if you look at religion with hateful glasses, what do you think you're going to see?

most people who don't use rx pain medications, don't know the affect they have a body, nor the doped up feeling they cause. they do know what they have been taught by propaganda-spewers, though. so, who is going to have a better impression? those who look like partyers, giving everyone who looks sideways at them the bird? or those who appear nonthreatening?

Archived