Has Anybody Else Dealt With This?

casperthegoat

My patient called me and said " I just wanted to let you know I sent in my change caregiver form so I can grow myself."

So now I have to give away 12 plants that have been started. When getting a caregiver these patients look at it as a luxury that they can do whatever they want with. I cant stand muffin makers like this. I know there are good patients out there but i just wanted to vent. This is ridiculous.

Thank you all for reading this. Good luck to all of you caregivers out there!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why did they drop you as caregiver? Did they have any legitimate reasons for changing? Or are they just at a point where they want to be self sufficient? Without knowing the whole story, hard for me to agree with you on your points. It's a luxury for me to grow my own meds that dull my constant pain, without destroying my liver and other organs in the process. If you were able to help this person get to a point where they can do it themselves, you are the man! There are other patients out there, and potential patients. It might take some work on your part, but you'll find another one or more. Good luck

Yeah were not all a-holes like you say , and maybe they did not like your meds and than you might not have had meds for seven months or more. And had to rely on what ever they could find on street like a few Pts have to do. There are some shifty folks out there . So go's my rant ... P.S. I do not know what or why but some times it is not all the PT'S fault. Grow for your self if you can...

Guest Wayne

Nice way to get your plants started without paying for the costs. If the patient was smart he could have waited until just a few days before harvest and got his cannabis for free. Now there's an idea!

Hey all...the reason was because he moved out of his apartment into a house and decided he had the room to do it now and wanted to go forth with that....

And I am a patient as well , so I had 24 plants, so now have to go down to 12 ...

Well there's a number of options...

You could get another patient within the next two weeks before you get the offical word from MCDH

You could let your patient take the plants and move the remaining 12 into bigger pots let them fill up the space...and they will

Or cut 'em down and do the same thing untill you can get a another patient...maybe get more than one other patient

Really...24 plants and youre allowed to have 5 oz that's not a great equation if you plan on harvesting those plants all at once

That's a good thing that just happened..now you go get at least 3 patients...at least

That will allow you 10 oz...flower 12 then stagger the next group a month later...perfect...once they are done curing and out the door and the next harvest is ready...harvest once a month...keep a veg room....Be much better off

Hope it works out! :D

PEACE!

~hg

My patient called me and said " I just wanted to let you know I sent in my change caregiver form so I can grow myself."

So now I have to give away 12 plants that have been started. When getting a caregiver these patients look at it as a luxury that they can do whatever they want with. I cant stand muffin makers like this. I know there are good patients out there but i just wanted to vent. This is ridiculous.

Thank you all for reading this. Good luck to all of you caregivers out there!

So your putting someone down and calling them an donkey rectum all cuz u lost theyre plants shame on u whats the matter cant get rich off them anymore gimme abreak this movement dont need uncompassionate ppl like yourself there alot of ppl who feel the same as i do but are afraid to say anything

Guest Marywanna

CGs do the same thing to pts all the time. Pts are PAYING for a service,and you are expected to provide it. Just find another pt,it should be easy if you already have started the grow.

Well there's a number of options...

You could get another patient within the next two weeks before you get the offical word from MCDH

You could let your patient take the plants and move the remaining 12 into bigger pots let them fill up the space...and they will

Or cut 'em down and do the same thing untill you can get a another patient...maybe get more than one other patient

Really...24 plants and youre allowed to have 5 oz that's not a great equation if you plan on harvesting those plants all at once

That's a good thing that just happened..now you go get at least 3 patients...at least

That will allow you 10 oz...flower 12 then stagger the next group a month later...perfect...once they are done curing and out the door and the next harvest is ready...harvest once a month...keep a veg room....Be much better off

Hope it works out! :D

PEACE!

~hg

Thanks Herb! I am in the process of looking for another patient or 2 right now and quickly.... this scenario has happened twice to me within the last month..though one told me in the beginning that was his plan so im cool with that....but until then i will just make do! thanks again

So your putting someone down and calling them an donkey rectum all cuz u lost theyre plants shame on u whats the matter cant get rich off them anymore gimme abreak this movement dont need uncompassionate ppl like yourself there alot of ppl who feel the same as i do but are afraid to say anything

No, I was getting rich of nobody. And I'm not mad I lost the plants, I'm upset the way they went about it. I explained that. So yes, a patient calling out of the blue to say they sent in their change form strictly because they want to grow it now makes them a "donkey rectum" as you like to put it. Thank you for the kind words

It is noted that the State MAY notify, but the State has no obligations to notify a caregiver that they have been removed. A CG is dismissed when the patient says.

Short of any written agreement, did the patient ask for, or offer to buy the plants from you?

BTW - the patient is also not under any obligation to inform the CG of dismissal, but I hope like heck they would.

:)

It is noted that the State MAY notify, but the State has no obligations to notify a caregiver that they have been removed. A CG is dismissed when the patient says.

Short of any written agreement, did the patient ask for, or offer to buy the plants from you?

BTW - the patient is also not under any obligation to inform the CG of dismissal, but I hope like heck they would.

Nice way to get your plants started without paying for the costs. If the patient was smart he could have waited until just a few days before harvest and got his cannabis for free. Now there's an idea!

Please explain. Why would the patient get his plants for free?

I'm not afraid

The plants do not belong to the patient.

Please quote that from the law. I don't believe it exists within the law itself.

I believe the case for that has to be made by way of pasting together several small pieces of the law and then making some assumptions. No direct statement about this topic exists within the law.

Here is the location of the law to double check for yourself:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28s0tr3z55ve1jk555ktgfu1au%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-Initiated-Law-1-of-2008

Archived