Jury Trial In Lapeer August 10Th( Judge Not Letting Me Use The Ad Or Mention Medical Marijuana

i think he is facing up to 4 years but i think the jury will set him Free or his Lawyer will appeal it i have been to many court room and i hope this time i will see many their last court day their were maybe 4-5 so if any one can go i thank them now

lets see how many we can get there start getting the word out now be in Lapeer AUG 10TH ITS TIME FOR ANOTHER RALLY lets all be there for support spread the word THANKS

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been telling every one i know to come i will be their i will bring my paper bag to the protest:notfair:

everyone Please tell everyone you know this is not fair and we need to rally support for this case be in Lapeer Aug 10th 255 clay street 7am for protest trial starts at 8:30 see you all there peace

everyone Please tell everyone you know this is not fair and we need to rally support for this case be in Lapeer Aug 10th 255 clay street 7am for protest trial starts at 8:30 see you all there peace

am sure he will be happly to see all the support from people here we will fill the court room

**************CALLING ALL READERS!!!***************URGENT AND NEED YOU**********PLEASE!

ON TUESDAY AUGUST 10TH I AM GOING TO MMJ JURY TRAIL!!! 8:30AM. SHOW UP 7AM TILL TRIAL TO HELP PROTEST AND STAND UP FOR OUR LAWS!

**SUPPORT NEEDED***** ALL PROTESTORS WANTED!!!!!

255 CLAY STREET, LAPEER MICHIGAN.

JUDGE DENIED DISMISSAL AND DENIED MY RIGHT TO USE AFFIRMATIVE DEPENSE AND I AM A QUALIFING PATIENT, AND I HAVE MY CARD. I HAVE MULTIPLE LAWYERS SAYING IT IS IN MY RIGHT TO USE AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE ON A JURY TRIAL .THE JUDGE SUPPRESSED MEDICAL MARJIJ AND THE A.D. IN MY CASE EVEN THOUGH I AM A REGISTERED QUALIFIED CARD HOLDING PATIENT!

IF I EVEN MENTION MEDICAL MARIJUANA OR THE FACT THAT I AM A LEGAL CARD HOLDER THE JUDGE WILL FIND ME GUILTY --THESE ARE HIS WORDS----

I NEED YOU TO TELL THE JURY!!!!!!!

AS OF NOW I CANT DEFEND MYSELF BY TELLING THE TRUTH TO THE COURTS AND THEY ARE VIOLATING THE LAW!!!!!!

I AM ASKING FOR ALL THE HELP AND SUPPORT I CAN GET FROM ANYONE!!! ANY AND ALL SUPPORT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!! PLEASE HELP!! THE MORE PEOPLE STANDING UP WILL CHANGE OUR COURTS!

LOOKING AT MAX 8 YEAR SENTENCE. --A FATHER AND FAMILY MAN- DONT WANT TO SAY GOODBYE TO MY CHILDREN!!--

the judge is a real jerkoff!

Something's fishy here. It's hard to get the facts with so many posts on this subject. Do I understand that you were busted BEFORE you had or even applied for your Medical Marijuana card? If so, I can understand why the judge won't allow your defense of Medical Marijuana card now. Please inform us of the facts Mr. Nice Guy.

Something's fishy here. It's hard to get the facts with so many posts on this subject. Do I understand that you were busted BEFORE you had or even applied for your Medical Marijuana card? If so, I can understand why the judge won't allow your defense of Medical Marijuana card now. Please inform us of the facts Mr. Nice Guy.

I went back to your first post and found this:

i was raided last year by the lapeer county sheriffs department. they took 4 small plants, two led light systems and a couple fans from inside my locked shed. they also took a couple pipes a grinder some shake and my safe. about a month later i received my signature from a well know doctor, I qualified under chronic pain, due to an accident I had when I was 19.

So you got busted and then ran out and got a card a month or so later. You are being tried for something you did BEFORE you even applied for a Medical Marijuana card. Have I got this correct. If so, I can understand the judge's call not to allow you to use the Medical Marijuana defense.

So you got busted and then ran out and got a card a month or so later. You are being tried for something you did BEFORE you even applied for a Medical Marijuana card. Have I got this correct. If so, I can understand the judge's call not to allow you to use the Medical Marijuana defense.

If you are sick and MIGHT benefit from marijuana,

this law was intended to protect YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmrtVCohlaU

PB is right this Law was maid for you and me the AD is solid Support is what this guy needs

A chronic condition is one that lasts three months or longer. Since Mr. Nice Guy was well within his 3 month's of chronic pain due to untreated medical conditions, he is a "patient" as defined under the sec. 8 AD.

Satisfying 8.1, having the Physicians recommendation, by default meets the Law's requirements for a "qualifying patient" as defined in Section 3.3(h).

All the elements of a sec. 8 defense are met.

yes I got the doc rec 26 days later

A chronic condition is one that lasts three months or longer. Since Mr. Nice Guy was well within his 3 month's of chronic pain due to untreated medical conditions, he is a "patient" as defined under the sec. 8 AD.

Satisfying 8.1, having the Physicians recommendation, by default meets the Law's requirements for a "qualifying patient" as defined in Section 3.3(h).

All the elements of a sec. 8 defense are met.

Thank you the AD is solid the judge will see but first we should show up so as to let him know that we are their maybe if the jury see us they will know he is medical

If this is the case, you people will be on the courthouse steps for every dope pusher in the state. After they get caught, they will just go out and get a card. Viola!!!

This logic is no different that someone getting caught with a concealed weapon. A month or so after getting caught and his gun confiscated, he goes out and gets a concealed weapons permit. When he goes to court he expects all the people with concealed weapon permits to protest in his favor??? He expects the judge to dismiss his case???

I'm sorry but I think the poor, compassionate sick people on this site with legal medical marijuana cards shouldn't get involved with these kinds of cases. Save the energy for when the cops bust down the doors of totally legal marijuana patients. ie: Saginaw

Give us the facts Mr. Nice Guy. Why did they pick you to raid? Something's fishy here!! Cops are too lazy to just scout around for someone to bust.

I feel very fortunate to have my card and belong to the comfort clubs and websites that support it. I don't want to be looked upon as a radical protester fighting for every marijuana grower who gets busted without a card and probably with no intention of getting one until he is busted.

I was all ready to go to Lapeer on the 10th until I read a little deeper into this case. Don't drag this group down defending these people. Abide by the law and mind your own business.

Morning Muscleman,

While I can definitely understand your reasoning, I cannot agree with your conclussion. Here is why. The ballot specifically allowed for registered and unregistered patients. The law specifically allows for the protection of unregistered patients and caregivers. Picking and choosing which provisions of the law we will defend, will allow for the bastardization of the intent of the law. Allowing the courts to legislate from the bench is how we wound up in this mess in the first place (see opinions on the commerce clause). We need to stand united in defending all portions, sections, and clauses in this law, or they will slowly divide and conquer all of us (registered and unregistered).

I have no problem with some scrutiny of all of the facts involved with a particular case, that being said I thought this country's justice system still operated on the presumption of innocence.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

I wish you well,

Thadius

If this is the case, you people will be on the courthouse steps for every dope pusher in the state. After they get caught, they will just go out and get a card. Viola!!!

This logic is no different that someone getting caught with a concealed weapon. A month or so after getting caught and his gun confiscated, he goes out and gets a concealed weapons permit. When he goes to court he expects all the people with concealed weapon permits to protest in his favor??? He expects the judge to dismiss his case???

100% wrong.

I'll start out with:

If you don't like the law, work to change it!

Worked for me.

Meanwhile learn to live with it.

In the law, there three things required to dismiss a case:

First and most important:

The doctors letter. There is nowhere in the law that requires the letter to have been signed BEFORE the arrest. If you wish that to be a part of the law, THEN WORK TO CHANGE THE LAW.

Do you intend to put a terminal cancer patient into jail? If so, you are sick beyond being human. You have changed form and are an animal that needs to be in a cage. This law was intended to protect sick people from people who think like you seem to.

If you get sick and don't wish to use marijuana for it, have at it. But don't even start to try to tell me I shouldn't or can't. What so wrong with you that you feel it's a good thing to require suffering from me or any other patient?

The doctors in Michigan have been given the job of protecting the Medical Marijuana patients of Michigan. A doctor can step in at ANY TIME to protect a patient.

Next requirement:

Reasonable amounts.

This is a matter of fact and not of law. This is where a jury gets to use their own "common sense" to determine if the patient or caregiver was over the edge. A judge might decide it was an unreasonable amount. However, the jury STILL gets to determine that FACT.

Next requirement:

No stupid stuff

(That's my way of wording it.)

You can't roll a blunt in a school bus. Can't be doing that kind of stupid stuff.

NOT ONE SINGLE ITEM ON THAT LIST IS A DATE

You think that's wrong? Then work to change the law.

100% wrong.

I'll start out with:

If you don't like the law, work to change it!

Worked for me.

Meanwhile learn to live with it.

In the law, there three things required to dismiss a case:

First and most important:

The doctors letter. There is nowhere in the law that requires the letter to have been signed BEFORE the arrest. If you wish that to be a part of the law, THEN WORK TO CHANGE THE LAW.

Do you intend to put a terminal cancer patient into jail? If so, you are sick beyond being human. You have changed form and are an animal that needs to be in a cage. This law was intended to protect sick people from people who think like you seem to.

If you get sick and don't wish to use marijuana for it, have at it. But don't even start to try to tell me I shouldn't or can't. What so wrong with you that you feel it's a good thing to require suffering from me or any other patient?

The doctors in Michigan have been given the job of protecting the Medical Marijuana patients of Michigan. A doctor can step in at ANY TIME to protect a patient.

Next requirement:

Reasonable amounts.

This is a matter of fact and not of law. This is where a jury gets to use their own "common sense" to determine if the patient or caregiver was over the edge. A judge might decide it was an unreasonable amount. However, the jury STILL gets to determine that FACT.

Next requirement:

No stupid stuff

(That's my way of wording it.)

You can't roll a blunt in a school bus. Can't be doing that kind of stupid stuff.

NOT ONE SINGLE ITEM ON THAT LIST IS A DATE

You think that's wrong? Then work to change the law.

Thanks for clearing this up let hope we can fill the court room up P.S we can wear jeans i think

Thank you the AD is solid the judge will see but first we should show up so as to let him know that we are their maybe if the jury see us they will know he is medical

Well if everyone made a sign saying "This person is a medical marihuana patient" put it in the face of everyone to enter the courtroom along with a flyer explaining jury nullification and a copy of the law and the Ad and a copy of the wording of the freaking initiative maybe this poor guy will be safe.. sheesh its alot of work to be legal..

I went to the awesome pig roast tonight, sponsored by the dryden disp. I tried to pass the word around, in doing so I ran into a really well known lawyer in town here, he said to please this judge i'm gonna need letters of recommendation from family and friends stating I'm not a bad guy. So I am working on that right now. he said I'm working with a judge that doesn't usually let anyone use evidence as a defense, he said he plays hard.

I finally got to see the video from saginaw bob the paper bag was no joke that's how I felt at the pre trial the other day i was so worn by everything I couldn't even hold my head up. I am so ripped up over this crap. I talked with micheal K in a few messages the other day and he said I should be covered and that I'm really getting nailed. If I were only rich and could afford a bull dog lawyer, I would be great.

I'm glad you had fun at the pig roast. It was a good time for all and we did it to show our appreciation for our patients. Glad you came. Good luck with your trial.

The law is not retroactive

That is the defendant arrested before Dec 4th 2008 when the law was inacted is S.O.L

But anyone who was arrested after that can get a dr. certification under the new law and use it as a defense

Actually once they have that....it really should be over

It does make it a bit sticky to get arrested before you have a certification

That doesn't mean you don't qualify or that you can't use it as a defense or that it won't work

If you do qualify it will work.. we've seen it work...more than once

PEACE! :D

~hg

I'm sorry but I think the poor, compassionate sick people on this site with legal medical marijuana cards shouldn't get involved with these kinds of cases. Save the energy for when the cops bust down the doors of totally legal marijuana patients. ie: Saginaw

Give us the facts Mr. Nice Guy. Why did they pick you to raid? Something's fishy here!! Cops are too lazy to just scout around for someone to bust.

I feel very fortunate to have my card and belong to the comfort clubs and websites that support it. I don't want to be looked upon as a radical protester fighting for every marijuana grower who gets busted without a card and probably with no intention of getting one until he is busted.

I was all ready to go to Lapeer on the 10th until I read a little deeper into this case. Don't drag this group down defending these people. Abide by the law and mind your own business.

So what's this new MMJ like for you? I am assuming you never, ever tried or purchased marijuana prior to having the state card in your hand, correct?

Archived