Mmj: Survey Re Doseage For Pain Control

I work as a Licensed Psychologist with clients having severe pain challenges. Some of them use MMJ to control their pain along with other narcotic meds, legally prescribed.

In my interviews with them I find that they do NOT smoke to get "High". Most will take a puff or two when the pain gets too high, and then resume some chosen activity-watching TV, doing housework, etc.

If you are taking MMJ for pain control. I would appreciate your comments as to whether this is your pain control strategy as well.

Dr. Jinx

At one time my dosage was as follows; 240-300Mgs Morphine / 15-60Mgs Oxycodone / 350-1050Mgs SOMA on a daily basis for almost three years.

With the help of cannabis therapy for pain management I am now down to 15Mgs Methadone daily and if needed 15-30Mgs Oxycodone.

I use 1-2grams cannabis daily to help manage break through pain by smoking it in cigarette form "joint"' until I can save up for a vaporizer and my cooking skills get better.

I can and will provide documentation that shows my progression from narcotics to cannabis for pain management. I have had two major back surgeries and numerous injections in my back and right SI joint for two ruptured discs at L4-L5.

My Doctor at first was extremely skeptical about cannabis helping me manage my pain but it works and now their practice works with MM patients instead of sending them packing.

Yes he is and his exact words were you will go into dts and that may kill you as you are so weak. JUST BECAUSE I USED THE MMJ TO TRY TO KEEP SOME FOOD DOWN.

I am sure if you go to a hospital and explain to them that you are a morphine patient about to go through dt's they will give you some sort of stuff to keep you from dieing, not saying you will get pain killers but there are meds to lessen the effects of withdrawals. If you are really that worried you could at least look at that option.

I use it for pain,,,nausea,,,,BI-POLAR mental illness.

You see, I'm what they call a "Non-responder" in regard to my bi-polar mental illness.

This means that NO medications have EVER worked for this disease,for me anyway. Not Prosac,,,not Paxil...I bet that I have been prescribed at least 100 different S.S.R.I.'s and tranqualizers ect.

THE ONLY DRUG THAT HAS 'EVER' PROVIDED RELIEF FROM DEPPRESION/MANIA,,,,NAUSEA FROM HEP-C AND CHEMOTHERAPY IS

"MARIJUANA'.

So if you are taking a poll to decide whether I secretly just want it to get 'stoned' and 'high' the answer is YES@!

YES! When I am depressed,, or manic,,,it makes me not have thoughts of suicide,,,if you call that 'high'?? then, hell yeah, I love to get high,,,,rather than sit stoned on tranqualizers and think about buying the farm.

Do people that take Vicoden,,take it for the pain? Or do they take it to get high?

I think if you used a lie detector, most of them would tell you that they take it to get flat out stoned.

And I suffer from chronic Hep-C.

It totally stops the dry heaves and Marj. helps with pain LOTS!

It is the only med that works for my depression.

This question is kind of weird.

Why not ask a person thats prescribed morphine for pain whether he takes it to get high or for the pain?

One has to assume that you are gonna get 2 answers...to get high,,,and for the pain?!~~ :huh:

Archived