Don't Buy From Horticulture Supply

420Atheist

I made an on line purchase from Horticulture Supply. I ordered about $200 worth of stuff and they sent the wrong thing worth about $5. Their customer service sucks as it is only by email. Their reply to my email was they will have shipping ship out the correct oder right away. Then when I asked where the tracking number was then it turned into shipping is looking into it. Looking into what? Just ship the correct order. I will probably have to call the cc company and contest the charge.

Anyway who would you guys recommend for on line growing supplies?

OOPs Edited to add the name of the company is Horticulture Source. If mods want to fix the title that would be cool.

Just made an order from there hoping to not have similar experience. I am worried now especially because they were the cheapest too

htgsupply.com has had 4 orders delivered to me without problems.

I can't say enough great things about HTG, perfect every time here as well. Not sure where you are located, but they opened a brand new shop in Taylor, Telegraph & Ecorse... Made THIS gal happy!!! :D

Thanks for the info. Googling "Horticultural Source reviews" gives a bunch of negative reviews. I wish I had done that before ordering. It is so rare these days to have problems with a big on line company like that because news travels so quickly on the internet. I like ordering stuff on line just for the convenience but in this case it turned into a very inconvenient way to go.

I use ecogrow if you are ordering lights, they normally have the best deals if you are upgrading bulbs and hood. But if your ordering anything else I get everything from ebay and only order when it is free shipping. Never had a problem with either=)

my order still says pending and I placed it Thursday....

Maybe the shipping department is spending all their time "investigating" my issue. :rolleyes: It looks like their MO is to ship the wrong thing then delay the fix hoping you will just give up.

On eopinions one guy said they never did ship his corrected order. If it was $40 I probably would consider it a lesson but $200 I will take the time to dispute with the cc company.

I can't say enough great things about HTG, perfect every time here as well. Not sure where you are located, but they opened a brand new shop in Taylor, Telegraph & Ecorse... Made THIS gal happy!!! :D

Yes it made me very happy too ! :goodjob:

I stopped in at the grand opening and got a spacedeal on my cannister filter everyone else had them listed at $190+ they honored Tonys quote from the website $106 out the door! :thumbsu:

Yes it made me very happy too ! :goodjob:

I stopped in at the grand opening and got a spacedeal on my cannister filter everyone else had them listed at $190+ they honored Tonys quote from the website $106 out the door! :thumbsu:

Excellent!!! I have a Hydro Store just five minutes from my house, and STILL choose to go to HTG. I ordered on line for my very first set-up, and they were out of what I ordered so they upgraded my lights for no extra charge, AWESOME! :thumbsu:

They just sent me an email today saying my product wont even be in stock untill aug 11th... I demanded my money back but i dont have high expectations :(

I feel your pain. They sent me an email saying they would send me a mailing label to send the wrong thing back then once they received that they would send my product. They are doing everything they can to stretch it out to where I cant contest it with the cc company. BS I will contest it now and force their hand.

Archived