Clones

oldschoolnewschool

• 1 year later...

If its not grown from a feminized seed I wait till the plant shows its sex which I have found to be between 3 to 5 weeks. At this point there is in most cases plenty of spots to take clones from. I always start to take clones from the bottom of the plant I have found that taking clones from the bottom of the plant helps bush out the top. thats the way I do it and it seems to work fine. others may have different ways. my suggestion would be try a few different methods and see what works best for you.

I never clone a plant that has not proven its medical worth by being grown out, harvested and then regenerated...but that's me.

Best of luck. :thumbsu:

I don't see any reason to promulgate such a drawn-out and fraught w/risk protocol when it doesn't really pertain to the OP's query.

In answer to the question at hand, i find best success at cloning seed-grown plants by waiting till the plant shows physical signs of maturation, by either progressing to alternating branching or exhibiting sexual characteristics. At this point the four lower branches should be strong enough to clone vigorously when taken, and four cuts usually guarantees the lineage will survive.

If its not grown from a feminized seed I wait till the plant shows its sex which I have found to be between 3 to 5 weeks. At this point there is in most cases plenty of spots to take clones from. I always start to take clones from the bottom of the plant I have found that taking clones from the bottom of the plant helps bush out the top. thats the way I do it and it seems to work fine. others may have different ways. my suggestion would be try a few different methods and see what works best for you.

I need clarification on this: Do you take clones after the plant has been in flower for 3-5 weeks? Does that work? I mean do they reveg while they are growing roots or what?

I need clarification on this: Do you take clones after the plant has been in flower for 3-5 weeks? Does that work? I mean do they reveg while they are growing roots or what?

I have taken clones from plants 6 weeks into flowering, and they worked out just fine. They took a little longer, but they still made it.

3 to 5 weeks in veg is normaly enough time to be able to sex the plant if its not grown from feminized seed. if the plant is grown from feminized seed I will cut clones as soon as i can no matter how long its been in veg

Archived