Harvest And Staying Within The Law

welj31

I want to look at this like LEO would because for now that’s the only way to be safe.

Ok lets say a caregiver has 5 patients and him self (using this as an example).

We all know you can only have 2.5 oz on hand for each patient = 15 oz. And up to 72 plants.

Each plant = 1.5 to 4.0 oz sooo lets say 2.0 oz average.

We all know the danger of being over on plants or oz's, so we cant even cure meds for future use. I know the whole uninterrupted supply part but that wont fly with LEO.

Other things to consider :

Wet bud weigh is 75% more than dry

Some would like to use the clippings rather than wasting them

Is a plant hanging a plant or useable product (depends on who you ask)

Lets hear your ideas on how to stay within the law.

How many to grow

How many to harvest

How to harvest ( little from each or all at once)

How many in clone, veg , flower and drying

I have 5 patients. 14 plants in grow, 14 in first stage bloom, 14 in final stage bloom. 4 moms and 14 in drying/curing. when dry I make 14 clones and start again. as the meds cure I deliver to the patients, leaving the rest hanging. then I bag up the "on call" meds and off the overages

I want to look at this like LEO would because for now that’s the only way to be safe.

OK lets say a caregiver has 5 patients and him self (using this as an example).

We all know you can only have 2.5 oz on hand for each patient = 15 oz. And up to 72 plants.

We all know the danger of being over on plants or oz's, so we cant even cure meds for future use. I know the whole uninterrupted supply part but that wont fly with LEO.

Other things to consider :

Wet bud weigh is 75% more than dry

Some would like to use the clippings rather than wasting them

Is a plant hanging a plant or usable product (depends on who you ask)

Lets hear your ideas on how to stay within the law.

How many to grow

How many to harvest

i would say that you should not grow and you should be OK unless you know about the AD thats seams to be the way it is in Mich anyways

am sorry that am so Neg:it still should be OK to buy your Meds from a Dis:

Guest Wayne

Sounds like a plan for failure. If your gonna look at this from LEO's perspective I would suggest never growing cannabis even given our new found rights. I'm still working on tomato genetics to assure no matter how many plants I have no more that 10 tomatoes ripen at one time. Seems simple!

Sounds like a plan for failure. If your gonna look at this from LEO's perspective I would suggest never growing cannabis even given our new found rights. I'm still working on tomato genetics to assure no matter how many plants I have no more that 10 tomatoes ripen at one time. Seems simple!

lol Now thats funny If you can get them to ripen on cue let me know

Guest Wayne

At least with tomatoes I don't have any legal definition of "ripened" to figure out. Put 10 people in a room and see how that goes. Then throw in LEO's unbiased opinion! LOL

The medicine MUST cure...must cure or its not medicine

It would be garbage...worse than garbage...dangerous...moldy...disaster

So you need a month...dry/cure...possibly a little faster but 3 wk minimun total dry/cure

And it shirks in weight 75%...lable the jars estimated usable time ...what else can you do ???

Hanging plant ...is harvested buds not part of a plant count...lets not get crazy

The finished product is usable minimum 3wks after the cut

Best way...is to keep a veg room

2 flower rooms staggered in time so you harvest about a month apart

That way you can squeeze in a dry/cure and get it out before the next harvest is cut

And those veg plants can then be cloned or seeds started before they replace the ones you just cut

ANyhow...its two flower areas and a veg area that breaks up the harvest and keeps things moving every month or so...

What you dont want is one big mega harvest

Many reasons to never tell anyone anything ...I guess worring about cannabis weight is one of them

Use a carbon filter...dont tell anyone...keep your finished product well within the allowed amount...

And stop obsessing about what it weighs between cut and finished cure

What if they bust down your door while you are cutting up a fresh plant???

Oh boy paranoia here it comes....aahhhhhh !!!!!! :hot:

I mean...you got to be relaxed and confident...

I like to keep my garden at 10 instead of 12 .

I dont trust LEO to count past ten without having to remove socks n shoes.

So I have 4 in flower, 2 stages- a month apart. Perfect 8 week strains so I harvest 2 plants a month. I have 4 clones and 2 vegging in veg chamber.

When the 2 in veg go to flower, I take the best 2 clones into veg and donate/kill the other 2.

2a6a4w9.jpg

When the law first passed in Nevada we were allowed 3 mature(flower) and 4 immature plants try working them crazy #'s

What Suks .... Nothing is Safe

Even if your 100 % Legal ...

Your still not Protected ...

They still can legally rob You ...

and there is'nt nothing you can do ...

a Warrant give them that right ...

and they don't even Charge you w/ Chit ?

Something is Seriously Wrong w/ this Picture ....

What Suks .... Nothing is Safe

Even if your 100 % Legal ...

Your still not Protected ...

They still can legally rob You ...

and there is'nt nothing you can do ...

a Warrant give them that right ...

and they don't even Charge you w/ Chit ?

Something is Seriously Wrong w/ this Picture ....

When the cats away the mice will play ie: Voters turned a blind eye or just plain dont care.IMHO

:notfair:The medicine MUST cure...must cure or its not medicine

am not sure cure is in the Law

What's in the law is 'dry useable' so it needs to dry and needs to be cured to be usable

Technically curing is a slow form of drying....basically

When herb is not cured....its either flash dried which basically ruins it or its still not completely dry....which means not usable...and certainly not 'dry useable'

I consider curing to be essensial....Its how its done....period

Otherwise you have.....garbage :D

Guest Wayne

Another dead horse beating? Never get's old. Just have to buy a strain that produces 2.5 ozs or less per plant I guess. Them mature them one at a time and go without in-between. The more I think about it the more sense it makes. Uninterrupted supply? What could that possibly mean, or have to do with this swiss cheese constitutional amendment?

Hi, as a person that is currently / has made the appointment to get certified, I also in time wish to be a caregiver. But my concern is as the others have stated, how to make a time schedule and still be legal, it may seem easy but there should be some further instruction to balance the legal end with growing schedule..

I was looking for informaton on spreading overages as well with other caregivers. I didn't think that was legal either but I see clones being sold along with seeds. I don't understand the sharing among caregivers. Am I missing something? And is there somewere that I could read and learn the procedures for caregivers. Growers, clones and seed procurement, co-op other options??.

As illustrated you need two seperate areas or rooms, each plant is at different levels of maturity and you harvest only one plant at a time

as was said in an earlier post the law states we r allowed to have 2.5 of useable but it is not useable until it is cured. put it in jars and write on it curing and not useable until -----and then make sure you put diff. dates on the jars. so as to not go over your limit .everyone knows that it is not useable until its cured. just my opinion on the matter.

Ok lets say a caregiver has 5 patients and him self (using this as an example).

How many to grow

How many to harvest

72 plant perpetual grow harvesting 6 plants every 9 days. by your 2oz/plant average, thats 12 ounces every 9 days for 6 people.

12 mother plants. 12 strains if you wish :) or you can leave your total plant count a few short of 72 and just use 8 mother plants, or 6 or whatever.

either way, that leaves us with 60 plants. plant 6 today and wait 9 days and plant 6 more. wait another 9 days and plant 6 more. and so on. by the time you reach your 10th set of 6 plants, you will have 60 plants going (plus the mother plants), and you will be harvesting the first set of 6 plants and replacing those harvested 6 with 6 more clones at the beginning of the cycle.

12 (or less) mothers............. and then:

days 1-8 of growth you will have 6 new clone cuttings being rooted

9-17 six plants plant in veg

18-27 six plants in veg

28-36 six plant in veg

37-45 six plants freshly moved to the flower room

46-54 six plants in the 2 week stretch

55-63 six plants just over 2 week stretch and blooming

64-72 six plants packing on weight

73-81 six plants finishing weight packing

82-90 six plants in flush

so we have 10 "sessions". each session has 6 plants and each lasts 9 days. total grow time 90 days. obviously this may have to be tweeked to meet the needs of your strains, but IMO thats the only way that you can stay legal with harvesting.

edit:

have a 10-11 week strain and need to extend that 90 day grow period out to 120 days?

use the same method, only instead of ten 9day sessions, make ten 12day sessions. in the end you would be harvesting 12 ounces for 6 patients every 12 days.

We all know you can only have 2.5 oz on hand for each patient

What about this:

As caregiver I just delivered 2.5 oz to my patient. Can I have 2.5 oz "on hand" for my patient? At this moment in time there is 5.0 oz designated for my patient - the 2.5 oz my patient (just delivered) has and the 2.5 oz I have for my patient "on hand".

Would a caregiver and patient (one in the same person who is growing their own meds) be able to have 2.5 oz in personal possession and 2.5 oz stored in "the locked" grow room - in the same dwelling?

My opinion: Yes. How about your opinion?

No, you cant be your own caregiver

You can grow for yourself if you are a patient

If you are a caregiver you can drop off 2.5 and then yeah still have 2.5 for that patient...but 5 oz in one place for that patient would be over if that makes sense

You can have 2.5 X 6 max... 15oz dry usable, 2.5oz for you as patient, and 2.5oz for each patient

What about this:

As caregiver I just delivered 2.5 oz to my patient. Can I have 2.5 oz "on hand" for my patient? At this moment in time there is 5.0 oz designated for my patient - the 2.5 oz my patient (just delivered) has and the 2.5 oz I have for my patient "on hand".

Would a caregiver and patient (one in the same person who is growing their own meds) be able to have 2.5 oz in personal possession and 2.5 oz stored in "the locked" grow room - in the same dwelling?

My opinion: Yes. How about your opinion?

i think you do not have to lock up your Meds just the plants seam's funny to me

No, you cant be your own caregiver

You can grow for yourself if you are a patient

If you are a caregiver you can drop off 2.5 and then yeah still have 2.5 for that patient...but 5 oz in one place for that patient would be over if that makes sense

You can have 2.5 X 6 max... 15oz dry usable, 2.5oz for you as patient, and 2.5oz for each patient

Yes. This makes sense. Thanks.

i think you do not have to lock up your Meds just the plants seam's funny to me

Yes. I see what you mean. My question was along the line of "delivering 2.5 oz and still having 2.5 oz avail for patient".

I think 2.5 oz delivered and 2.5 oz locked away as available for patient (in the same dwelling) would be 5.0 oz. and illegal. Agree?

Archived