Harvest And Staying Within The Law

welj31

Yes. I see what you mean. My question was along the line of "delivering 2.5 oz and still having 2.5 oz avail for patient".

I think 2.5 oz delivered and 2.5 oz locked away as available for patient (in the same dwelling) would be 5.0 oz. and illegal. Agree?

Hehe, that is where you start getting into the cloudy waters of the law.

"The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marijuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating ...."

What is a reasonable quantity to ensure uninterupted availability? If a patient is going through 2.5 oz a week, would it be reasonable for the caregiver to have 10 oz in various stages of drying and curing for that patient? Even if the consumption is less than that by a patient, how much is reasonable to have curing at any given time for that patient, to ensure it is the best quality and an uninterupted supply?

It is definitely an area that will need to be addressed at some point. LEO still looks at any cut buds as usable, and we all know that those buds weigh around 75% more than the usable product will weigh. So how do we as caregivers stay safe from such hassles? The only answer seems to be keep fighting to educate and depending on the AD to work it out in the end.

well, i suppose first LEO needs to know how to add :)

but it goes no further than this as far as being legal............ it cant be done:

72 plant perpetual grow harvesting 6 plants every 9 days. by your 2oz/plant average, thats 12 ounces every 9 days for 6 people.

12 mother plants. 12 strains if you wish :) or you can leave your total plant count a few short of 72 and just use 8 mother plants, or 6 or whatever.

either way, that leaves us with 60 plants. plant 6 today and wait 9 days and plant 6 more. wait another 9 days and plant 6 more. and so on. by the time you reach your 10th set of 6 plants, you will have 60 plants going (plus the mother plants), and you will be harvesting the first set of 6 plants and replacing those harvested 6 with 6 more clones at the beginning of the cycle.

12 (or less) mothers............. and then:

days 1-8 of growth you will have 6 new clone cuttings being rooted

9-17 six plants plant in veg

18-27 six plants in veg

28-36 six plant in veg

37-45 six plants freshly moved to the flower room

46-54 six plants in the 2 week stretch

55-63 six plants just over 2 week stretch and blooming

64-72 six plants packing on weight

73-81 six plants finishing weight packing

82-90 six plants in flush

so we have 10 "sessions". each session has 6 plants and each lasts 9 days. total grow time 90 days. obviously this may have to be tweeked to meet the needs of your strains, but IMO thats the only way that you can stay legal with harvesting.

edit:

have a 10-11 week strain and need to extend that 90 day grow period out to 120 days?

use the same method, only instead of ten 9day sessions, make ten 12day sessions. in the end you would be harvesting 12 ounces for 6 patients every 12 days.

I have 5 patients. 14 plants in grow, 14 in first stage bloom, 14 in final stage bloom. 4 moms and 14 in drying/curing. when dry I make 14 clones and start again. as the meds cure I deliver to the patients, leaving the rest hanging. then I bag up the "on call" meds and off the overages

what does off the overages even mean?

"The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marijuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating ...."

What is a reasonable quantity to ensure uninterupted availability? If a patient is going through 2.5 oz a week, would it be reasonable for the caregiver to have 10 oz in various stages of drying and curing for that patient? Even if the consumption is less than that by a patient, how much is reasonable to have curing at any given time for that patient, to ensure it is the best quality and an uninterupted supply?

It is definitely an area that will need to be addressed at some point. LEO still looks at any cut buds as usable, and we all know that those buds weigh around 75% more than the usable product will weigh. So how do we as caregivers stay safe from such hassles? The only answer seems to be keep fighting to educate and depending on the AD to work it out in the end.

If we are being honest here there really is no unusable part of a marijuana plant. It can all be used for something be it hemp products, hash, or simply just putting the leaves mixed into a salad...:) It is indeed an amazing plant and it is silly you even have to come on here to ask questions like that as well.. All I know is that what I am thinking I will do is just cure what I have at harvest takes a day or two from what i read then deliver the meds to my pt's and unload the rest to pt.'s and caregivers in need at a decent cost for my time...I really see no other way

I love watching people blow holes in the law they profess to support. I'll bale you keep blowing holes in the hull and we'll see if the ship stays afloat. (Wouldn't bet on me if I were you).

Let's try this. Indiduals may possess enough chocolate to ensure an uninterrupted supply. Johnny says he needs 10 lbs a month, Susan says she needs 1 lb per month. Billy says he doesn't need any. Who's correct?

Let's try this. Indiduals may possess enough chocolate to ensure an uninterrupted supply. Johnny says he needs 10 lbs a month, Susan says she needs 1 lb per month. Billy says he doesn't need any. Who's correct?

in whos eyes? mine or LEO's?

because in LEO's eyes, 10lb a month johnny is sh i t out of luck. as sad as that is, its the truth.

In Leo's eyes Johnny, Susan, and for all they care Billy, should be in the cross hairs as they pull the trigger. Just believing you may have cannabis is justification enough. So yes Johnny is sh i t out of luck from that perspective.

No way Leo can look at fresh cut buds or even drying buds or curing buds as usable...they are not

3 wks minimum from the cut...4-5 is better

lable the jars with dates and a check list for weekly opening of the jars

Say when they are done... control your own destiny...the law says 'dry usable'

There are no inspections...just comply with the spirit of the law....fresh buds!ha

You would not even be able to grow the plant !

Keep your dry usable 2.5 oz per patient...this is what the law requires

Otherwise the entire process is BOGUS.....!!!!!!!

No way Leo can look at fresh cut buds or even drying buds or curing buds as usable...they are not

3 wks minimum from the cut...4-5 is better

lable the jars with dates and a check list for weekly opening of the jars

Say when they are done... control your own destiny...the law says 'dry usable'

There are no inspections...just comply with the spirit of the law....fresh buds!ha

You would not even be able to grow the plant !

Keep your dry usable 2.5 oz per patient...this is what the law requires

Otherwise the entire process is BOGUS.....!!!!!!!

I agree with you on the intent of the law and even the definition included in the act:

"j) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant."

Unfortunately I don't trust LEO to know the difference between "just dried" and "dried and cured". With the way it is written it leaves room for speculation, by an over eager LEO.

Archived