Synder Vs Bernero For Governor

Guest thequietone

The results are in.

Election results on Mlive

I actually feel pretty good about Snyder and Bernero as they BOTH seem to want to NOT go against the will of the people in regards to when 63% of the electorate voted into law in November 2008.

I have traded some e-mails with the Snyder campaign Tuesday afternoon and I actually (patting myself on the back here) got them to get incredibly specific about how he truly feels about our law.

While I voted for Virg and hope that he wins, I am ecstatic that neither of "the two Mike's" got any real support. THANK GOD!

Hey Peanutbutter,

I would have filled out the republican primary ballot...but, that would have been the most hypocritical thing I could have done...and I just couldn't do it.

Anyway, I really feel our cause won a huge battle today.

What we need to do as a group is start sending letters and making phone calls to both the Snyder campaign and the Bernero campaign. We need to make it painstakingly clear to each that medical marijuana can be helpful to not only the patients but to local economies and the state as a whole.

Tonight was a good, good night!

Make sure and call up Mike & Mike later this morning and offer your most sincerest heartfelt sympathies.

On a side note, why is Mike Bouchard constantly running for an office besides that of Oakland County Sheriff? In 2006, didn't he run for the U.S. Senate against Stabenow? Now, running for governor? When does he run again to keep his job as sheriff? When he does I might actually donate some money to "the other person's campaign" who will run against him. Someone needs to do a commercial against Bouchard saying something like, "Sheriff Bouchard obviously doesn't like his job as he's tried to leave and become senator and then governor. Let's give him some time off to ponder what his next political/career choice will be?"

Tonight was a good night!

Mizerman

That's the spirit!!!!

Walk on brother....

I actually feel pretty good about Snyder and Bernero as they BOTH seem to want to NOT go against the will of the people in regards to when 63% of the electorate voted into law in November 2008.

I have traded some e-mails with the Snyder campaign Tuesday afternoon and I actually (patting myself on the back here) got them to get incredibly specific about how he truly feels about our law.

While I voted for Virg and hope that he wins, I am ecstatic that neither of "the two Mike's" got any real support. THANK GOD!

Hey Peanutbutter,

I would have filled out the republican primary ballot...but, that would have been the most hypocritical thing I could have done...and I just couldn't do it.

Anyway, I really feel our cause won a huge battle today.

What we need to do as a group is start sending letters and making phone calls to both the Snyder campaign and the Bernero campaign. We need to make it painstakingly clear to each that medical marijuana can be helpful to not only the patients but to local economies and the state as a whole.

Tonight was a good, good night!

Make sure and call up Mike & Mike later this morning and offer your most sincerest heartfelt sympathies.

On a side note, why is Mike Bouchard constantly running for an office besides that of Oakland County Sheriff? In 2006, didn't he run for the U.S. Senate against Stabenow? Now, running for governor? When does he run again to keep his job as sheriff? When he does I might actually donate some money to "the other person's campaign" who will run against him. Someone needs to do a commercial against Bouchard saying something like, "Sheriff Bouchard obviously doesn't like his job as he's tried to leave and become senator and then governor. Let's give him some time off to ponder what his next political/career choice will be?"

Tonight was a good night!

Mizerman

Hey Peanutbutter,

I understand. And your vote for Virg was important. Many people feel the way that you do on this topic.

My government has declared war against me.

The rules of engagement contain things like they can shoot us and we can't shoot them. The war is still going on.

There are limited weapons we are allowed to use in this war. And my vote is one of them.

In November, there will likely be a anti democratic backlash. Which will make it more likely that we have a republican governor. To save myself and others from whatever Mike Cox would have done in office, I had to do everything, legal, I could to stop him.

My vote is a weapon I am allowed to use in this war. That is why I promoted the way I did. We are at war. Voting is much better than killing. And keeps the victims of this war alive to fight again.

I feel hypocritical when I set back and watch leo after leo lie under oath to convict a brother or sister.

Sometimes I feel hypocritical when I let it slide. But what can I do to undo this corrupt system?

I can work to destroy anti mmj politicians. That is one part of this war I can do without getting shot.

I always make an effort to vote, I spent quite a few hours going over everyone on my ballot to make the right decision. I don't like the feeling of voting for a local position and knowing nothing about the candidates. I almost crossed party lines to vote against Cheeks.

Guest Wayne

Don't look at the raw numbers. Primaries always have low voter turnout and this of all primaries would suggest those crossing party lines had a lot to do with Snyder's victory. For what it's worth he appears to be the lesser evil of the choices provided.

As tiny as my vote sometimes feels, it grows in power when I use it strategically (such as voting for ABC yesterday), in a contest that has fewer voters and more candidates.

Thanks everybody for teaching me how to regain my voting power by paying more attention when others aren't. Next step: learning how to really ORGANIZE voters!

Zapa, Keep up the 'good fight', Baby. Right there with ya!

This political thing is VERY often decided by just a very few votes. Particularly the LOCAL stuff.

Thanks, man.

Guest Marywanna

You guys will base your vote for Gov on whether the candidate is MMJ freindly? Thats it? What about the issues here in Michigan,unemployment at its highest,we are all suffering out here. We have our MMJ law,can't we be happy that we even got that far and consider the fact that our state is dying? My Husband needs a job. We need to replace these political hacks in the congress and senate that have been living off our hard work for DECADES. Hows that Hope and Change thing going for you guys? And since my tax money went to bail out GM,I would like my payment as a new car..... MW

Guest Wayne

You guys will base your vote for Gov on whether the candidate is MMJ freindly? Thats it? What about the issues here in Michigan,unemployment at its highest,we are all suffering out here. We have our MMJ law,can't we be happy that we even got that far and consider the fact that our state is dying? My Husband needs a job. We need to replace these political hacks in the congress and senate that have been living off our hard work for DECADES. Hows that Hope and Change thing going for you guys? And since my tax money went to bail out GM,I would like my payment as a new car..... MW

So just who is going to single-handedly solve all these problems and offer your husband a job? Let's see we can just slash Michigan's budget in half and nobody would even notice, then we could give tax breaks that equal twice what we save on cuts. That's how economics works. You have less coming in so you can spend twice as much. Bush proved this works leaving this country not only flush with funds but also a huge surplus of cash.

Let's cut taxes and initiate a few more wars then the economy will fly.

Cannabis the only issue? Actually that's not what concrns me. What concerns me is whether my vote actually counts for anything. 63% of Michigan voters are either stupid suckers duped by stoners, insane, or both. Just ask most politicians who want your vote for their pre-packaged positions. Support them so they can straighten your dumb donkey out.

Voting for a candidate that supports medical marijuana is likely to get me all of the other characteristics I look for in a candidate: belief in personal freedom, a willingness to look at creative solutions to our economic issues, and an honest desire to support the will of the people. Additionally, I do not look to politicians for safety from economic peril; I just want them to get out of the way while we figure out how to fix things. Politicians actively involved in the economy should be illegal, in my opinion.

Darn well said.

If we were left to choose our own life styles and beliefs this country WOULD be doing well both economically AND socially.

Once it GOES GREEN we can't HELP but do BETTER all the way around.

I understand. And your vote for Virg was important. Many people feel the way that you do on this topic.

My government has declared war against me.

The rules of engagement contain things like they can shoot us and we can't shoot them. The war is still going on.

There are limited weapons we are allowed to use in this war. And my vote is one of them.

In November, there will likely be a anti democratic backlash. Which will make it more likely that we have a republican governor. To save myself and others from whatever Mike Cox would have done in office, I had to do everything, legal, I could to stop him.

My vote is a weapon I am allowed to use in this war. That is why I promoted the way I did. We are at war. Voting is much better than killing. And keeps the victims of this war alive to fight again.

I feel hypocritical when I set back and watch leo after leo lie under oath to convict a brother or sister.

Sometimes I feel hypocritical when I let it slide. But what can I do to undo this corrupt system?

I can work to destroy anti mmj politicians. That is one part of this war I can do without getting shot.

PB, very Powerful words, very well said! :thumbsu:

Sb

So just who is going to single-handedly solve all these problems and offer your husband a job? Let's see we can just slash Michigan's budget in half and nobody would even notice, then we could give tax breaks that equal twice what we save on cuts. That's how economics works. You have less coming in so you can spend twice as much. Bush proved this works leaving this country not only flush with funds but also a huge surplus of cash.

Let's cut taxes and initiate a few more wars then the economy will fly.

Cannabis the only issue? Actually that's not what concrns me. What concerns me is whether my vote actually counts for anything. 63% of Michigan voters are either stupid suckers duped by stoners, insane, or both. Just ask most politicians who want your vote for their pre-packaged positions. Support them so they can straighten your dumb donkey out.

Are you really so unsure of yourself that you can't make an arguement without insulting somebody or resorting to name-calling? Are you really that insecure? If that's the case, I've stopped thinking of you as an a-hole and I now just feel sorry for you. What a miserable little life you must lead. It must suck having no passion for anything other than marijuana and insults. I have many very interesting hobbies if you need any suggestions that might help you fill that huge void in your life that is normally filled with, oh I don't know, happiness, rather than self-loathing. You poor pathetic person.

Yes I am voting strictly for the most MJ friendly people who have a chance of winning. No one at the state level is going to be able to change the world economy and there is very little they will be able to do for the state economy. However there is one bold move that is perhaps the only thing that the state can do to improve it's economy. Legalize marijuana. The honest truth is no red state will try to compete with us for the title of marijuana capital. The only competition would be CA and prop 19 seems to be full of problems. Nothing else has the potential to bring work and dollars into the state that marijuana can.

If you are still wishing for manufacturing jobs to come here you have not been paying attention. For every manufacturing job we compete with 100s of countries and 49 other states. It is unlikely that those kinds of jobs will bring us out of the economic slump. Service sector jobs? Who will we be servicing with no one working in manufacturing? Farming? We can't all do that.

There are really very few long term sustainable options for economic growth without legalization.

There is another reason for voting marijuana friendly. There are very few things that can screw up your life like an arrest and having all your stuff forfeited to the state.

Yes I am voting strictly for the most MJ friendly people who have a chance of winning. No one at the state level is going to be able to change the world economy and there is very little they will be able to do for the state economy. However there is one bold move that is perhaps the only thing that the state can do to improve it's economy. Legalize marijuana. The honest truth is no red state will try to compete with us for the title of marijuana capital. The only competition would be CA and prop 19 seems to be full of problems. Nothing else has the potential to bring work and dollars into the state that marijuana can.

If you are still wishing for manufacturing jobs to come here you have not been paying attention. For every manufacturing job we compete with 100s of countries and 49 other states. It is unlikely that those kinds of jobs will bring us out of the economic slump. Service sector jobs? Who will we be servicing with no one working in manufacturing? Farming? We can't all do that.

There are really very few long term sustainable options for economic growth without legalization.

There is another reason for voting marijuana friendly. There are very few things that can screw up your life like an arrest and having all your stuff forfeited to the state.

The economic possibilities are quite exciting but we have many haters of our individual human rights standing in the way of real progress and change. 420Athiest has many good ideas about how this new economy could emerge both quickly and wonderfully.

I am however dubious that either one of these stateists will make any positive impact on our state, but we will see what happens as we keep voting for people who hate your individual human rights.

It is just so sad to see people vote for someone who they think will give them what they want, but are willing to trade our free will and our personal freedoms and rights for a short term goal. Just look where we are by voting for people who hate your individual human rights over and over and over...:mellow:

Guest Marywanna

Man,Wayne,excuse me for voicing my opinion. Guess you are the only one who's opinion counts. You attack me just because I don't agree with you? Thats not very freindly,I did not do that to you. MW

Marywanna,

First and foremost having reread my rant I offer my sincere apologies for getting so personal. I was totally out of line. I understand the angst of the economy especially for those personally touched in such a severe way. But please try to look at the big picture. There is little these people seeking elected office can do to impact the local/state economy. I'm a left of center independent and have become frustrated with supporting Democrats that pander with their answer rather than take honest positions based on personal convictions. Current Republican (teabagger?) scare the hell out of me. I'm actually rather saddened by the fact that MM seems to be the representative issue reflecting the efforts of voters to take back what is rightfully theirs, when so many other more important issues are at hand, such as those you raise.

Please forgive my assinine behavior

Sincerely,

Wayne

Archived