It's Over - Cushingberry Loses Senate Campaign

Weed Warrior

OK Ok i know everyone was all for this guy, but as I have said before..I called his office asking what a few other views like jobs and bringing work here were...Got no call back. If it happened to me how many other people did that happen to? Not to mention his web page was loaded with misspellings and incorrect grammar which is not something that should matter to a voter but does. Not to mention he said on his page that 53% of the voters voted the law into effect and it was 63% that voted for it..Just something a guy who's platform seemed to be MM and only that should know. I didn't figure he would win even though it would have been nice to have a MM friendly person in the senate. Hey though at least Bernero is in the running..Anyone know if Snyder is MM friendly or not?

OK Ok i know everyone was all for this guy, but as I have said before..I called his office asking what a few other views like jobs and bringing work here were...Got no call back. If it happened to me how many other people did that happen to? Not to mention his web page was loaded with misspellings and incorrect grammar which is not something that should matter to a voter but does. Not to mention he said on his page that 53% of the voters voted the law into effect and it was 63% that voted for it..Just something a guy who's platform seemed to be MM and only that should know. I didn't figure he would win even though it would have been nice to have a MM friendly person in the senate. Hey though at least Bernero is in the running..Anyone know if Snyder is MM friendly or not?

You did not live in his district. Your call was referred to your State Rep for your area.

I spoke with Mr. Cushingberry today.... He lost on the City Retirees and Pension issue. They were offended by the State of Michigan taking over their pension system and putting it in a State of Michigan run fund. They made him pay at the ballot box.

He is in good spirits and will not let it get him down. We worked the streets very hard and have to accept what has happened. The person that was elected to replace Mr. Cushingberry feels that Marijuana is a gateway drug and is not an active friend of the movement.

We need to concentrate on the next Attorney General and State Supreme court judge...

He will be fine.

I was under the impression he was running for the senate lol for the state...Either way they are right he needs to go independent..However I still stand behind my statement because if people felt OK with voting for him he wouldn't be where he is at now lol...So really running independent sets him up for another loss because why would everyone change their mind now?

There is no chance that he will run as an independent. He is going to take a rest from politics after his term ends in December. They have also taken the Marijuana question from the Detroit ballot also..... The %37 have totally revolted on everyone.. City and County by county we are getting hit all over the place with moratoriums and outright banning of shops and home businesses.

November will be interesting.... if we love our plant then we must particpate and get our people to Bring the Bong to the ballot box and vote!

He will be leaving Lansing very soon.... who else will step up to the plate when he is gone.

We all will find out sooner than later.

I really thought Detroit was done with ol' Virg. Another Detroit political insider that we probably can't expect to stick his neck out.

While they were sitting at home or other places enjoying their medicine, none of them turned out at the polls.

I kinda resent the tone of that. Contrary to that blog post, I DID go to the polls, I just don't live in Cush's district, but I did try to muster votes for him. Uncalled for snipe on the part of TFOC Blogger Richard Clement.

I really thought Detroit was done with ol' Virg. Another Detroit political insider that we probably can't expect to stick his neck out.

I kinda resent the tone of that. Contrary to that blog post, I DID go to the polls, I just don't live in Cush's district, but I did try to muster votes for him. Uncalled for snipe on the part of TFOC Blogger Richard Clement.

When and only when the BABY BOOMERS parents die off will their be change in the Detroit system. Only problem is the youth ain't lookin so promising either. You have Warren Evans and company runnin train bangs on the under officers and what not. Everyone must just be sittin back and laughin their rear ends off at how even the top of the POLICE$ force has Scandals too. Kwame, DPD, DPS, whats next...? Crime is pretty much embedded in Detroit GLOCK city life. 30% High school graduation rates.....come on what do people expect..? Everything in the DDDD is rotten.

Seems the only person that wins in these popularity contest is the officals them selves. Ever seen one ( Elected Officals ) come out of politics poorer than when they went into office . Greed and coruption breeds well in politics

Ah you forgot hookers..Greed corruption and hookers breed well in politics...