My Facilty....and Renting A Space.....please Help Me Make The Guy Understand It Not A Crime Any More!

jay~jay77

Ok so I work 4 this guy as a mant.man and he has sweet basement with 12' celings well I asked him if he would rent me a space out so I can build 2 temp walls.....the point is the guy went and talked 2 his lawyer. And that lawyer has no clue what this new laws about...and told him that the feds can and will take his apt building if I got cought.....WTF GOT COUGHT! I'm not selling the stuff I'm growing 4 my self!....please help me any one that has info 2 share please do so so I can print out and show him he's wasting his time...oh and money to a lawyer for false info....so mmma what do you thank? Hepl me out please!

Ok so I work 4 this guy as a mantance man and he has sweet basement with 12' celings well I asked him if he would rent me a space out so I can build 2 temp walls.....the point is the guy went and talked 2 his lawyer. And that lawyer has no clue what this new laws about...and told him that the feds can and will taks his apt building if I got cought.....WTF GOT COUGHT! I'm not selling the stuff I'm growing 4 my self!....please help me any one that has info 2 share please do so so I can print out and show him he's wasting his time...oh and money to a lawyer for false info....so mmma what do you thank? Hepl me out please!

Aside from your english being horrid, what I could make out is you are worried that FEDS will come to the room, legally they can. The state law only applies to state enforcement, Obama did release something urging the dea to not pursue legal patients and there will be minimal resources for it, something to that extent. Short story, yes the feds could raid the place, but aside from the two of you knowing about it unless osmeone starts talking they wont know it is there.

Marijuana is still 100% illegal under federal law, so yes the feds can still bust you, and yes, they can seize property. It won't matter if you are legal under state law or not....selling or not....

The fact is that a landlord who knows you are growing in his facility stands the risk of losing his property to - or paying through the nose to defend against - federal seizure. It sounds like this is a multi-unit facility and therefore worth more than a typical house. Losing such a property to the federal government would be a huge loss.

Consider also that especially since this is a multi-unit building, there are likely to be electrical and fire code issues that would not apply to an owner-occupied residence.

Whatever small rent income he might get probably isn't worth it to him. You also have to consider other factors such as possible damage his place might suffer due to excessive humidity, pests, water or soil spills, etc.

And not to be mean or anything, but based on your post, I'd guess your lawyer is a little smarter than you are, knows more about the law, and is likely someone whom you should be listening to rather than dismissing the opinion of. If you don't like his opinion, ask another legal professional; you'll get the same answer though.

really....why do you people have 2 be so mean for? Wth.....your worried about my grammmer....this is crazy I say what dent58 had to go throught....on his post....I felt bad 4 him and now it happeng to me? This is crazy!.....and the fact is I told the gentalman that I wated ADT installed..... I wanna do this the right way and I get flack for it! The fact is WE any one that has a problum and gets MM a lot of us are not right and have A LOT OF SHORT COMINGS AND FOR you to mma users Ionic7 and highlander to imply that I'm a dummy couse of my grammer ..... your no saints any have some illness to get MM so what gives you the right?the anwser would of been good enought.....and you can keep your rude remarks to your self thank you!

Guest Wayne

That's OK jay your lawyer is probably considerably smarter than they are. Ya don't have to accept their insults, rise above them. Like to think I'm pretty darn smart but my daughter attained a 172 on her LSAT's and is attending NYU Law School. Already appears she is much smarter than I an she's not a practicing attorney yet.

On the other hand I have to agree with the landlord's attorney. You may have to find another solution.

really....why do you people have 2 be so mean for? Wth.....your worried about my grammmer....this is crazy I say what dent58 had to go throught....on his post....I felt bad 4 him and now it happeng to me? This is crazy!.....and the fact is I told the gentalman that I wated ADT installed..... I wanna do this the right way and I get flack for it! The fact is WE any one that has a problum and gets MM a lot of us are not right and have A LOT OF SHORT COMINGS AND FOR you to mma users Ionic7 and highlander to imply that I'm a dummy couse of my grammer ..... your no saints any have some illness to get MM so what gives you the right?the anwser would of been good enought.....and you can keep your rude remarks to your self thank you!

I have a bad knee that hurts everyday not quite sure what my "illness" as you put it, has to do with my intellect or my being a saint, and read highlanders post he said he was not trying to be mean, nor was I the only reason I stated that the grammar was bad was with hopes of clarification to make sure that my answer that I provided you with was accurate, so you can stop going off the handle we are just trying to help you and being able to interpret the question being asked is a large part of it. One example of what I meant was you said you wanted to know if the feds will "taks" are you trying to spell tax or take, you are new to teh forum but you need to understand there are a lot of gray areas involved and clarity and understanding is key to making sure you receive proper information.

I have a bad knee that hurts everyday not quite sure what my "illness" as you put it, has to do with my intellect or my being a saint, and read highlanders post he said he was not trying to be mean, nor was I the only reason I stated that the grammar was bad was with hopes of clarification to make sure that my answer that I provided you with was accurate, so you can stop going off the handle we are just trying to help you and being able to interpret the question being asked is a large part of it. One example of what I meant was you said you wanted to know if the feds will "taks" are you trying to spell tax or take, you are new to teh forum but you need to understand there are a lot of gray areas involved and clarity and understanding is key to making sure you receive proper information.

we should all be less critical of others, especially on a website regarding medical marijuana. It's no surprise to anyone that many of the members of these forums have any number of serious and debilitating medical and/or mental health conditions and a large number of these people have either been failed by modern medicine or lack health insurance to get their conditions properly treated

So with that being said. My grammer shouldn't of been draged ito this...... I read over my post and .....as I said that was all un called for!

we should all be less critical of others, especially on a website regarding medical marijuana. It's no surprise to anyone that many of the members of these forums have any number of serious and debilitating medical and/or mental health conditions and a large number of these people have either been failed by modern medicine or lack health insurance to get their conditions properly treated

So with that being said. My grammer shouldn't of been draged ito this...... I read over my post and .....as I said that was all un called for!

So when you said taks did you meant tax or take? If he told you that they will TAX it that is a huge lie, if he told you they can TAKE it they can, but if you keep it to only the people who need to know don't see any reason you will draw attention to yourself. Again was not supposed to be a rude original post by me was just pointing out that that bad of grammar and misspelled words can lead to confusion in answers.

That's OK jay your lawyer is probably considerably smarter than they are. Ya don't have to accept their insults, rise above them. Like to think I'm pretty darn smart but my daughter attained a 172 on her LSAT's and is attending NYU Law School. Already appears she is much smarter than I an she's not a practicing attorney yet.

On the other hand I have to agree with the landlord's attorney. You may have to find another solution.

Yes ....lol I'm not the sharpest tool ...but my gremmer has aways slower me down ...oh well. So yes I might have to rethank this but I was hoping that some one had the same prob. And had some thing on paper I couls show him 2 let him know. The MM. IS on the up and up!.... I am. I have beenr renting from him 1 yr now. But he's still in that mind set that's its. Brakeing the law...I. would. Go as far as signing a waver....and besides not even he could go in my facilty...oh thanks wayen and your right rise above bro ...and thank you

I am just curious at this point not expecting anything really, did the lawyer tell you tax or take, my assumption based on common sense is take but based on the sound of the word tax could also be taks, if he did inform you it was to be taxed you may want to let him know he is wrong, as I stated I'm just curious as to what he actually said.

So when you said taks did you meant tax or take? If he told you that they will TAX it that is a huge lie, if he told you they can TAKE it they can, but if you keep it to only the people who need to know don't see any reason you will draw attention to yourself. Again was not supposed to be a rude original post by me was just pointing out that that bad of grammar and misspelled words can lead to confusion in answers.

Yes I did mean. 2 say thay can take it!..... and. I'm sorry as well. Ionic7 ..grammer is hard... I have to stuggleed with it my whole life and it not that. I don't try! But any ways I. Am hopeing 4 .. that one person that might have the info 2 free this guy mind that's its not a crime at the fed level I know it is ......and as I said I would take any prob. And had to ACT!... and loose lips. Will not sink my ship..... I'm anti social as it is!

Yes I did mean. 2 say thay can take it!..... and. I'm sorry as well. Ionic7 ..grammer is hard... I have to stuggleed with it my whole life and it not that. I don't try! But any ways I. Am hopeing 4 .. that one person that might have the info 2 free this guy mind that's its not a crime at the fed level I know it is ......and as I said I would take any prob. And had to ACT!... and loose lips. Will not sink my ship..... I'm anti social as it is!

Ok ty and it is quite all right, one of my good friends is dyslexic I am used to reading misspelled words, one time he wrote a rap as a joke it was like translating Hieroglyphics, the only reason I brought up yours was for clarification Ty and good luck.

look I just need some one that has the imfo I. Need him 2 know its not a crime!.... we need to stand up with one voice. Screeming out loud we pat. Have rights!

Federally it is illegal so yes the dea can raid it, statewise it is legal as long as where you are growing is listed as the spot your plants will be located at and the grow room is up to code on a legal basis, a locked room is a must, I would post a copy of your card on the door and a sign that says private no entry.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/page/articles/compassionclubs/org/proposed-admin-rules

that link will have alot of info you are looking for.

look I just need some one that has the imfo I. Need him 2 know its not a crime!.... we need to stand up with one voice. Screeming out loud we pat. Have rights!

I am replying to you in a kind hearted way. Jay Jay, you have to take into consideration that perhaps the person you would be renting space from, considering the property is in his/her name and he/she would suffer the most from much of this with prosecution, so I can understand your friend being hesitant and not wanting to stand up with one voice at his/her expense and so many variables that are realistically possible, regardless of what the the highest priced attorneys and the ACLU may tell him/her.

If you are this other person's friend, you will respect his/her decision and concerns, whatever that be. Real friends care about one another, look out for one another, root for each other, and sometimes disagree with one another. Maybe give it some time?

If you are this other person's friend, you will respect his/her decision and concerns, whatever that be. Real friends care about one another, look out for one another, root for each other, and sometimes disagree with one another. Maybe give it some time?

Well said!

I am replying to you in a kind hearted way. Jay Jay, you have to take into consideration that perhaps the person you would be renting space from, considering the property is in his/her name and he/she would suffer the most from much of this with prosecution, so I can understand your friend being hesitant and not wanting to stand up with one voice at his/her expense and so many variables that are realistically possible, regardless of what the the highest priced attorneys and the ACLU may tell him/her.

hello jennifer thank you for your responce thank you are right respece is the key... i was hopeing that by this post someone MIGHT HAVE gone throght the same thing and thay might have a "COOKIE CUTTER: LAW NOTES THAT MIGHT MAKE HIM UNDER STAND ITS NOT A CRIME..T thanks jennifer8 and mmma for your feed back!!

Federally it is illegal so yes the dea can raid it, statewise it is legal as long as where you are growing is listed as the spot your plants will be located at and the grow room is up to code on a legal basis, a locked room is a must, I would post a copy of your card on the door and a sign that says private no entry.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/page/articles/compassionclubs/org/proposed-admin-rules

that link will have alot of info you are looking for.

thank you ...i have that link as well and have printed it all out 2 show him ...and more INFO please bring it 2 my attion! and i,m also knopw the feds laws to and thank yoyu very much Ionic7

It is not and never was my intention to be mean. You want to tell your prospective landlord that what you want to do in his basement is 100% legal and that he has no risk if he lets you. Think about it from his persepctive. How much rent are you talking about here - $100/month? Is $100/month worth the risk of losing an apartment building.

The feds don't need any reason to bust you other than that there is MJ growing there. You are talking about a multi-unit with lots of people living there and possibly smelling this operation, etc. If the feds chose to raid this grow of yours, they would legally be able to seize the building the stuff is growing in.

How much risk is that to the guy who owns the building? Does his insurance cover him if your operation starts a fire? What about mold and pests? What about if the DEA comes in and trashes the place? Can you afford to cover his legal fees, repairs to the building, and lost rent?

I'll say it again: The feds can take this building away EVEN IF YOU ARE 100% COMPLIANT WITH STATE LAW. Think about that before you dismiss the advice of your attorney and accuse people of belittling you.

You went to your attorney and got accurate advice that you didn't like. You came here and got more accurate advice that you don't like.

You are asking a lot of someone else to let you grow in their building. That is a big risk to the owner. There is a very real possability that what you are proposing is not a good business decision for the building owner. Why can't you accept that?

It is not and never was my intention to be mean. You want to tell your prospective landlord that what you want to do in his basement is 100% legal and that he has no risk if he lets you. Think about it from his persepctive. How much rent are you talking about here - $100/month? Is $100/month worth the risk of losing an apartment building.

The feds don't need any reason to bust you other than that there is MJ growing there. You are talking about a multi-unit with lots of people living there and possibly smelling this operation, etc. If the feds chose to raid this grow of yours, they would legally be able to seize the building the stuff is growing in.

How much risk is that to the guy who owns the building? Does his insurance cover him if your operation starts a fire? What about mold and pests? What about if the DEA comes in and trashes the place? Can you afford to cover his legal fees, repairs to the building, and lost rent?

I'll say it again: The feds can take this building away EVEN IF YOU ARE 100% COMPLIANT WITH STATE LAW. Think about that before you dismiss the advice of your attorney and accuse people of belittling you.

You went to your attorney and got accurate advice that you didn't like. You came here and got more accurate advice that you don't like.

You are asking a lot of someone else to let you grow in their building. That is a big risk to the owner. There is a very real possability that what you are proposing is not a good business decision for the building owner. Why can't you accept that?

ok highlander your mixed up ..... he went 2 his lawyer i didnt!!! his lawyer said that stuff to him ....as 4 me im gonna be at 24 plants ....my 12 and my mothers 12 ....and that is not above the the feds "limit" ....( tell me if im wrong please)the guy was open about the grow and i beleave he still is open about letting me set up ....and as 4 the pest and mold....or damage ...ie fire I got that one im his fixit man and 2 my plan is 2 get rental insurance...AND an A.D.T SYSTEM installed ...he has an open mind and we plan 2 talk in depth about it on wensday at that point. The reason why i posted here was 4 help and info witch i have got a lot of.....NOW!!!!! AS FOR YOU SAYING im accuse people of belittling me ....look back at the threds... i try with my grammer and YES PEOPLE DID BELITTLEED ME .....BUT ITS Ok!!! I thank the anwser to my questions would of been good with out the comments that my grammer sucks ....THAT HAD NOTHING 2 DO WITH my post!! but i will take your apology and everyone elses for what it is ...highlander thank you and thank you 4 your info................OH AND IF HE SAYS NO THAN YES IM A RESPECTFUL MAN AND CAN REPECT HIS WISHES....IM NOT SELFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you MMMA!

Archived