Dirt Problems

super12

Hi everyone!

I am starting 10 different varieties using two inch pots with seed starter mix from plantation products (something I found at meijer) and using a heating mat. The all the seeds came up in 4 to 7 looking good, after about three day Every plant had brown tips on the leafs curling under now about a week and a half later I've seen no growth. I checked the soil temp its around 85 to 90 I havn't used any fertilizers The water is good country well water. using 24hr t5 CFL light.. What is going wrong? what should I do? Thanks for any help

Hi everyone!

I am starting 10 different varieties using two inch pots with seed starter mix from plantation products (something I found at meijer) and using a heating mat. The all the seeds came up in 4 to 7 looking good, after about three day Every plant had brown tips on the leafs curling under now about a week and a half later I've seen no growth. I checked the soil temp its around 85 to 90 I havn't used any fertilizers The water is good country well water. using 24hr t5 CFL light.. What is going wrong? what should I do? Thanks for any help

I would guess soil temp or the soil might not have the right nutes.

Hi everyone!

Have you checked the PH? I had a buddy and he thought the well water would be great, he metered it and ended up having to buy jug water at the store.... Maybe I am wrong just an idea. The only other thing I could think of might be the dirt I have heard that most "franchise stores" (mejier,walmart,etc) isn't good for growing marijuana.... Hope you can figure something out... Good Luck

I didn't even know T5's produced heat (anything noticeable).... Learn something new everyday =)

I think he meant the heat coming up from the heating pad...

T5s do produce heat, it is just spread out over a larger area, which allows it to dissipate faster and in less space (from the plant). They can depending on the number and wattage, get warm enough to heat a grow room.

Thanks, I have a feeling that it is the starter mix causing the problem. there are plants with different soil under the same light that are doing great. noticed slow new growth hoping they pull through to small to transplant with out the medium falling apart.

Archived