Status Of Port Huron Area

I will be retiring to my home town of Port Huron after 25 years away. I'll be back there by the end of September.

I would like to get certified as soon as I can after I arrive.

So, what is the status of this little piece of heaven?

I need info about MMJ friendly doctors, support groups, help with certification and local caregivers, that sort of stuff. That would be the good news stuff I would be needing. However, the bad news stuff is just as important. What's it like being a Port Huron area MMJ patient? Warnings about anything, real or imagined, would also be appreciated and helpful. Thanks.

I will be retiring to my home town of Port Huron after 25 years away. I'll be back there by the end of September.

I would like to get certified as soon as I can after I arrive.

So, what is the status of this little piece of heaven?

I need info about MMJ friendly doctors, support groups, help with certification and local caregivers, that sort of stuff. That would be the good news stuff I would be needing. However, the bad news stuff is just as important. What's it like being a Port Huron area MMJ patient? Warnings about anything, real or imagined, would also be appreciated and helpful. Thanks.

not sure where you are moving back from but you will need to be a legal resident of the state and most cert areas will notice if you just move here to sign up for legal marijuana i would hope you have a real need for it, but you for some reason failed to mention that you do infact NEED it and not just WANT it, you will most likley need to get some medical records in order if you have any supporting your condition as you describe it.

As I mentioned in my first original post, I am retiring there. I already own a home there. I will be living there in a couple of months. I've got progress notes and x-rays and MRI's and well, we'll just let the doctor decide, K? Or are you a doctor? Nah? I didn't think so.

I asked:

"I need info about MMJ friendly doctors, support groups, help with certification and local caregivers, that sort of stuff. That would be the good news stuff I would be needing. However, the bad news stuff is just as important. What's it like being a Port Huron area MMJ patient? Warnings about anything, real or imagined, would also be appreciated and helpful. Thanks."

Can you answer any of these questions? Or do I have to prove something to you first?

Indirectly you did answer a few questions. Your post showed me that there are going to be people out there who will cluelessly assess your need at every casual encounter, and those that will always feel that everyone except themselves and their friends are scamming a legal buzz.

As I mentioned in my first original post, I am retiring there. I already own a home there. I will be living there in a couple of months. I've got progress notes and x-rays and MRI's and well, we'll just let the doctor decide, K? Or are you a doctor? Nah? I didn't think so.

I asked:

"I need info about MMJ friendly doctors, support groups, help with certification and local caregivers, that sort of stuff. That would be the good news stuff I would be needing. However, the bad news stuff is just as important. What's it like being a Port Huron area MMJ patient? Warnings about anything, real or imagined, would also be appreciated and helpful. Thanks."

Can you answer any of these questions? Or do I have to prove something to you first?

Indirectly you did answer a few questions. Your post showed me that there are going to be people out there who will cluelessly assess your need at every casual encounter, and those that will always feel that everyone except themselves and their friends are scamming a legal buzz.

never inteded to say mean you did not need it, but you did not mention if you have a reason so how are we supposed to know if you even qualify, and i understand you are retiring just was not sure if oyu were a resident of mi.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept that my qualifications and my need is any ones business but my doctors, and to a somewhat lesser extent, mine. I don't see anyone elses name in that loop anywhere.

To move on and continue with more important things, i.e., the residency issue. Which is a very good point, in my case, and I thank you for bringing it up. I have never read Michigans laws on MMJ, but is there anything in it that defines residency? Does anyone know exactly what the criteria is?

Hi MiB - welcome back to Michigan!

Love to here that people are moving back (just like ME)! I hope that everyone in everyone state that currently doesn't allow legal medicating (**I did not say anyone who gets HIGH...I said medicates for medical reasons before you all jump my a$$) makes their way here. We could use them all to bring Michigan's economy back! Everyone will spend money on housing, food, gas and other needs and day by day will we dig out of the hole that we are in! So WELCOME HOME!

Your residence laws will be listed online - just google Michigan residency laws. I know that your current home will set you up. In order to get your ID (which will be required for applying for your MM card) you will need to prove your residency with lease/mortgage, current bills in your name, birth certificate and SS card are a few of the things you will need. Other things can be substituted like military documents, etc..

Now as for the Port Huron area....things are changing quickly with different towns/cities trying to impose laws of their own on top of the state laws. Things could be one way today and next week - something up for a vote. So try to be flexible and check with your city for existing laws. Things are still really new here in Michigan and everyone is just getting used to the changes. (Some are not getting used to it and fighting it ......I'm sure you can read a bunch of horror stories on here!).

If you need recommendations for a MM friendly doctor - read everything on here...and attend the local compassion clubs night that is open to the public. Get informed.

So again - Welcome home! I hope this helps.

Thanks MKris, I feel better already!

I miss the St. Clair river in particular. I've been a few places and it is truly a unique thing. What are the rumors in Port Huron about additional laws overriding the State laws or better, supporting and enhancing them? Any thing in the times herald?

I am particularly interested in knowing more about hunting/fishing licenses and gun ownership in conjunction with MMJ.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept that my qualifications and my need is any ones business but my doctors, and to a somewhat lesser extent, mine. I don't see anyone elses name in that loop anywhere.

To move on and continue with more important things, i.e., the residency issue. Which is a very good point, in my case, and I thank you for bringing it up. I have never read Michigans laws on MMJ, but is there anything in it that defines residency? Does anyone know exactly what the criteria is?

You do not have to share you qualifications with us if you do not want to I was merely offering to give advice to the best of my ability, good luck.

Archived