Why Is Marijuana Illegal? (Top 7 Alleged Reasons)

Jennifer8

Hello To All,

What I am hoping, for others who stop by if only to read, is to assist in better educating with truth and that less ignorance, often due to intentional politically motivated misinformation,will be achieved.

If anyone is willing to pick apart various parts of the article to contradict, add insight, correct, enlighten, and/or share factual information, please do so. Awareness, education, and the ability to think for one's self using simple logic is a factor that can help move things forward, illiminate taboos, and dissolve ignorance.

Also, here I am; someone who believes it should be legal for medical purposes, without question, and a non-user, be it legally or illegally. My logic is that of right is right and wrong is wrong. It is wrong to deny the use of marijuana for medicinal reasons. (Having said that it should be legal since alcohol is, with the same laws and regulations alcohol utilizes. I don't drink a lot either, just because I have no desire to. Once in a while I'll have a cocktail a few times a year, I don't consume a lot of it, I NEVER DRINK IF I AM DRIVING, but alcohol makes me extra super duper aroused, sometimes giggle more, and sometimes sleepy.)

If this is not exactly the appropriate forum for this article, feel free to move it to a better location on this board. (I wasn't sure about that.) I won't be offended in the least.

Why is Marijuana Illegal?

Top 7 Reasons

By Tom Head - Tom holds an M.A. in humanities from California State University and is author of 24 nonfiction books.

"1. It is perceived as addictive.

Under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug on the basis that is has "a high potential for abuse." What does this mean?

It means that the perception is that people get on marijuana, they get hooked and become "potheads," and it begins to dominate their lives. This unquestionably happens in some cases. But it also happens in the case of alcohol--and alcohol is perfectly legal.

In order to fight this argument for prohibition, legalization advocates need to make the argument that marijuana is not as addictive as government sources claim.

2. It has "no accepted medical use."

Marijuana seems to yield considerable medical benefits for many Americans with ailments ranging from glaucoma to cancer, but these benefits have not been accepted well enough, on a national level. Medical use of marijuana remains a serious national controversy.

In order to fight the argument that marijuana has no medical use, legalization advocates need to highlight the effects it has had on the lives of people who have used the drug for medical reasons.

3. It has been historically linked with narcotics, such as heroin.

Early anti-drug laws were written to regulate narcotics--opium and its derivatives, such as heroin and morphine. Marijuana, though not a narcotic, was described as such--along with cocaine.

The association stuck, and there is now a vast gulf in the American consciousness between "normal" recreational drugs, such as alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine, and "abnormal" recreational drugs, such as heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamine. Marijuana is generally associated with the latter category, which is why it can be convincingly portrayed as a "gateway drug."

4. It is associated with unfashionable lifestyles.

Marijuana is often thought of as a drug for hippies and losers. Since it's hard to feel enthusiastic about the prospects of enabling people to become hippies and losers, imposing criminal sanctions for marijuana possession functions as a form of communal "tough love."

5. It was once associated with oppressed ethnic groups.

The intense anti-marijuana movement of the 1930s dovetailed nicely with the intense anti-Chicano movement of the 1930s. Marijuana was associated with Mexican Americans, and a ban on marijuana was seen as a way of discouraging Mexican-American subcultures from developing.

Today, thanks in large part to the very public popularity of marijuana among whites during the 1960s and 1970s, marijuana is no longer seen as what one might call an ethnic drug--but the groundwork for the anti-marijuana movement was laid down at a time when marijuana was seen as an encroachment on the U.S. majority-white culture.

6. Inertia is a powerful force in public policy.

If something has been banned for only a short period of time, then the ban is seen as unstable. If something has been banned for a long time, however, then the ban--no matter how ill-conceived it might be--tends to go unenforced long before it is actually taken off the books.

Take the ban on sodomy, for example. It hasn't really been enforced in any serious way since the 18th century, but most states technically banned same-sex sexual intercourse until the Supreme Court ruled such bans unconstitutional in Lawrence v. Texas (2003).

People tend to be comfortable with the status quo--and the status quo, for nearly a century, has been a literal or de facto federal ban on marijuana.

7. Advocates for marijuana legalization rarely present an appealing case.

To hear some advocates of marijuana legalization say it, the drug cures diseases while it promotes creativity, open-mindedness, moral progression, and a closer relationship with God and/or the cosmos. That sounds incredibly foolish, particularly when the public image of a marijuana user is, again, that of a loser who risks arrest and imprisonment so that he or she can artificially invoke an endorphin release.

A much better argument for marijuana legalization, from my vantage point, would go more like this: "It makes some people happy, and it doesn't seem to be any more dangerous than alcohol. Do we really want to go around putting people in prison and destroying their lives over this?"

Well, then how about a little bit of information that blew my mind, when I read it.

Lethal dose of marijuana?

What is the lethal dose of marijuana?

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethal dose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500 pounds, consumed all at once.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression.

The non-fatal consumption of 3000 mg/kg A THC by the dog and monkey would be comparable to a 154-pound human eating approximately 46 pounds (21 kilograms) of 1%-marihuana or 10 pounds of 5% hashish at one time. In addition, 92 mg/kg THC intravenously produced no fatalities in monkeys. These doses would be comparable to a 154-pound human smoking at one time almost three pounds (1.28 kg) of 1%-marihuana or 250,000 times the usual smoked dose and over a million times the minimal effective dose assuming 50% destruction of the THC by smoking.

Thus, evidence from animal studies and human case reports appears to indicate that the ratio of lethal dose to effective dose is quite large. This ratio is much more favorable than that of many other common psychoactive agents including alcohol and barbiturates (Phillips et al. 1971, Brill et al. 1970).

Acute Effects of Marihuana, from Marihuana, A Signal of Misunderstanding - Table of Contents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Nearly all medicines have toxic, potentially lethal

effects. But marijuana is not such a substance. There is no record in

the extensive medical literature describing a proven, documented

cannabis-induced fatality.

5. This is a remarkable statement. First, the record on

marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. Second, marijuana

is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world.

Estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans

routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of

direct medical supervision. Yet, despite this long history of use and

the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no

credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a

single death.

6. By contrast aspirin, a commonly used, over-the-counter

medicine, causes hundreds of deaths each year.

7. Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called

an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of

test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced

toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine

marijuana's LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply

stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to

induce death.

8. At present it is estimated that marijuana's LD-50 is around

1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce

death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as

much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied

marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would

theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within

about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

9. In practical terms, marijuana cannot induce a lethal

response as a result of drug-related toxicity.

10. Another common medical way to determine drug safety is

called the therapeutic ratio. This ratio defines the difference between

a therapeutically effective dose and a dose which is capable of inducing

adverse effects.

11. A commonly used over-the-counter product like aspirin has a

therapeutic ratio of around 1:20. Two aspirins are the recommended dose

for adult patients. Twenty times this dose, forty aspirins, may cause a

lethal reaction in some patients, and will almost certainly cause gross

injury to the digestive system, including extensive internal bleeding.

12. The therapeutic ratio for prescribed drugs is commonly

around 1:10 or lower. Valium, a commonly used prescriptive drug, may

cause very serious biological damage if patients use ten times the

recommended (therapeutic) dose.

13. There are, of course, prescriptive drugs which have much

lower therapeutic ratios. Many of the drugs used to treat patients with

cancer, glaucoma and multiple sclerosis are highly toxic. The

therapeutic ratio of some of the drugs used in antineoplastic therapies,

for example, are regarded as extremely toxic poisons with therapeutic

ratios that may fall below 1:1.5. These drugs also have very low LD-50

ratios and can result in toxic, even lethal reactions, while being

properly employed.

14. By contrast, marijuana's therapeutic ratio, like its LD-50,

is impossible to quantify because it is so high.

15. In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many

foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can

result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible

to eat enough marijuana to induce death.

16. Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest

therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis

marijuana can be safely used within a supervised routine of medical care.

I may have to take a somewhat sarcastic tone at some points, to get at what i am saying.

But, it is okay, however, to become completely addicted to vicodin, oxycontin, and valium. Almost anything from which one derives pleasure can be addicting. But on the scale of addicting drugs, Marijuana is very low. I would liken it to a Xanax. Its dependence is only linked to its functionality as a therapeutic substance. One tends to need it to help them function, as it provides the therapeutic benefits. Its similarity with Xanax ends there, though. Plus it has the added benefit of having no known lethal dose.

Marijuana currently has accepted medical use in 14 states, Canada, and many other nations, including ours dating back centuries.

Marijuana is only a gateway drug insofar as people allow it to be. In the past, people that have used marijuana illegally knew people that did other illegal drugs as well. This open-mindedness towards others allowed for some experimentation. Since Marijuana has gained a lot of mainstream acceptance, and has legitimate medical uses, the need for associating with people using illicit drugs has diminished among marijuana users. The number of heroin and cocaine addicts has not risen in any of the States that have chosen to allow Medical Marijuana. These numbers tend to stay relatively static (even in countries that introduce needle exchange programs and methadone clinics).

cannabis use has historically had this image. Since the age of medical marijuana, it is much more difficult to make these sorts of generalizations. Your banker, doctor, IT Professional, City Official, or lawyer may be a cannabis user.

We wouldn't want those races mixin' would we? Why, if the poor and middle class from every race banded together to take this country back from the corporate elite and the politicians.....Oh! i shudder to think... They might even have mixed babies! One of those babies could even <gulp!> end up President one day....

And the tide is turning the other way...all over the country!

Our reasoning is clear. It has a tremendous medical benefits with very few adverse side effects. just because pharmaceutical companies cannot make millions of dollars off it, because your neighbor can grow it better than them, is not a good enough reason to deny valid treatment to millions of people. Likewise, just because politicians are scared that legalization would free thousands of people of color from prisons across the nation, and potentially gimp the for-profit incarceration/correction facilities, this is not a good reason to deny treatment to millions of people.

rant off

Jennifer8, I wanted to give you a plus rep for your rant but can't find the original post, can only see the quote from 1337Gr33n. It is an EXCELLENT post! :thumbsu::goodjob:

Something I often say is, Mj users are peaceful and creative; it often promotes deep thoughts. People who can do this, whether or not they're using it, are a threat to the system, the status quo doesn't want anyone to think outside the box. Afterall, if everyone were behaving peacefully, who would fight their wars? It's all about control, which include big drug companies, who do more to cause illness than cure it, they make us sick, then peddle their so-called cures to us. If everyone were well, who would they push their poisons on? When people can relax and think, they can often see just how badly they are being manipulated. We can't be having a revolution now, can we? WE can't be deciding what medicine is best for us, cultivating it and distributing it ourselves now, can we?

It's thanks to those who did try it, that Mj has been put in the spotlight and is being more widely accepted, because so many have discovered it's medicinal value.

Sincerely, Sb

Sb

Hello To All,

What I am hoping, for others who stop by if only to read, is to assist in better educating with truth and that less ignorance, often due to intentional politically motivated misinformation,will be achieved.

If anyone is willing to pick apart various parts of the article to contradict, add insight, correct, enlighten, and/or share factual information, please do so. Awareness, education, and the ability to think for one's self using simple logic is a factor that can help move things forward, illiminate taboos, and dissolve ignorance.

Also, here I am; someone who believes it should be legal for medical purposes, without question, and a non-user, be it legally or illegally. My logic is that of right is right and wrong is wrong. It is wrong to deny the use of marijuana for medicinal reasons. (Having said that it should be legal since alcohol is, with the same laws and regulations alcohol utilizes. I don't drink a lot either, just because I have no desire to. Once in a while I'll have a cocktail a few times a year, I don't consume a lot of it, I NEVER DRINK IF I AM DRIVING, but alcohol makes me extra super duper aroused, sometimes giggle more, and sometimes sleepy.)

If this is not exactly the appropriate forum for this article, feel free to move it to a better location on this board. (I wasn't sure about that.) I won't be offended in the least.

Why is Marijuana Illegal?

Top 7 Reasons

By Tom Head - Tom holds an M.A. in humanities from California State University and is author of 24 nonfiction books.

Under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug on the basis that is has "a high potential for abuse." What does this mean?

It means that the perception is that people get on marijuana, they get hooked and become "potheads," and it begins to dominate their lives. This unquestionably happens in some cases. But it also happens in the case of alcohol--and alcohol is perfectly legal.

In order to fight this argument for prohibition, legalization advocates need to make the argument that marijuana is not as addictive as government sources claim.

Marijuana seems to yield considerable medical benefits for many Americans with ailments ranging from glaucoma to cancer, but these benefits have not been accepted well enough, on a national level. Medical use of marijuana remains a serious national controversy.

In order to fight the argument that marijuana has no medical use, legalization advocates need to highlight the effects it has had on the lives of people who have used the drug for medical reasons.

Early anti-drug laws were written to regulate narcotics--opium and its derivatives, such as heroin and morphine. Marijuana, though not a narcotic, was described as such--along with cocaine.

The association stuck, and there is now a vast gulf in the American consciousness between "normal" recreational drugs, such as alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine, and "abnormal" recreational drugs, such as heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamine. Marijuana is generally associated with the latter category, which is why it can be convincingly portrayed as a "gateway drug."

Marijuana is often thought of as a drug for hippies and losers. Since it's hard to feel enthusiastic about the prospects of enabling people to become hippies and losers, imposing criminal sanctions for marijuana possession functions as a form of communal "tough love."

The intense anti-marijuana movement of the 1930s dovetailed nicely with the intense anti-Chicano movement of the 1930s. Marijuana was associated with Mexican Americans, and a ban on marijuana was seen as a way of discouraging Mexican-American subcultures from developing.

Today, thanks in large part to the very public popularity of marijuana among whites during the 1960s and 1970s, marijuana is no longer seen as what one might call an ethnic drug--but the groundwork for the anti-marijuana movement was laid down at a time when marijuana was seen as an encroachment on the U.S. majority-white culture.

If something has been banned for only a short period of time, then the ban is seen as unstable. If something has been banned for a long time, however, then the ban--no matter how ill-conceived it might be--tends to go unenforced long before it is actually taken off the books.

Take the ban on sodomy, for example. It hasn't really been enforced in any serious way since the 18th century, but most states technically banned same-sex sexual intercourse until the Supreme Court ruled such bans unconstitutional in Lawrence v. Texas (2003).

People tend to be comfortable with the status quo--and the status quo, for nearly a century, has been a literal or de facto federal ban on marijuana.

To hear some advocates of marijuana legalization say it, the drug cures diseases while it promotes creativity, open-mindedness, moral progression, and a closer relationship with God and/or the cosmos. That sounds incredibly foolish, particularly when the public image of a marijuana user is, again, that of a loser who risks arrest and imprisonment so that he or she can artificially invoke an endorphin release.

A much better argument for marijuana legalization, from my vantage point, would go more like this: "It makes some people happy, and it doesn't seem to be any more dangerous than alcohol. Do we really want to go around putting people in prison and destroying their lives over this?"

You forgot that the Government does not want it legal they make so much money off seizures why legalize it.....also Big Pharma makes BILLIONS off getting peoples heads scrwed up on narcotic pills. So why legalize something that all the fat cats are making money off...duh....Keep it legal. But Legalization is just aroound the corner...so many states are coming on board. The flow and LIES cannot be held out forever. The TRUTH eventually gets out.

Jennifer8, I wanted to give you a plus rep for your rant but can't find the original post, can only see the quote from 1337Gr33n. It is an EXCELLENT post! :thumbsu::goodjob:

It's all about control, which include big drug companies, who do more to cause illness than cure it, they make us sick, then peddle their so-called cures to us. If everyone were well, who would they push their poisons on? When people can relax and think, they can often see just how badly they are being manipulated. We can't be having a revolution now, can we? WE can't be deciding what medicine is best for us, cultivating it and distributing it ourselves now, can we?

Sincerely, Sb

Sb

SB, you have touched on a very, very important reason behind why political figures slant and intentionally lie about their concern on "harmful" marijuana being legalized, and even their concerns of it being used for medicinal reason.

Drug companies/manufacturers make millions and millions of dollars annually. The CEOs of these companies become extremely wealthy from selling their conglomeration of high priced medicines - medications that are deemed safe by the FDA, only to later find out their medications were not always safe. We don't always get the proof that CEOs knew of these dangers ahead of time, but in some cases the truth prevails.

They are wealthy, ruthless, greedy CEOs that know they can own another with their financial "contributions" and "alleged" kickbacks. They contribute to political party candidates to help get their particular puppets elected or appointed people running government entities so these CEO wealthy legalized drug lords can continue to be able to do all they can to stay wealthy. As we are able to see, not every elected official is a sell-out owned by others, but many are.

Drug manufacturers that claim their pricey medication helps this and helps that are angered and incredibly threatened by the mere existence of a natural growing cannabis plant, used for centuries, that Mother Nature has provided for free. You don't have to spend $246.00 a month on a drug manufacturers medication, 12 months a year, every year...or every year until you are dead to acquire marijuana in order to ease your physical pain, nausea, loss of appetite, anxiety, or other disorder. The drug companies know this and hate it. In fact, they hate people who rightfully and accurately remind and inform people of this. They also know that MM doesn't have to be consumed by smoking it, but can be ingested by vaporizing and in edibles. They hate that, too. They can't say that it is bad on the lungs and respiratory system if you can use it by a vaporizer and/or in edibles. When people use MM, greedy corporate drug manufacturers lose out on money, BIG money.

Some manufactured medications are helpful and do the job. No argument there, but so many that claim to help physical or mental problems come with negative and dangerous side effects and/or no guarantees, and in some cases where particular medications are no longer allowed to be sold in the United States, they are still allowed to manufacture their medications and distribute them in other countries. (The US allows imported medication) Case in point and if you were not concerned about this before, maybe it will bring you more awareness:

More Problems with Drugs Manufactured Overseas

by Trisha Torrey, published in February of 2009. Trisha is a patient advocate, syndicated newspaper columnist, radio talk show host and national speaker. Ms. Torrey is recognized by patients and professionals...for improved health care. It's not unusual to find Trisha quoted in the mainstream media, including CNN, NPR, The Wall Street Journal, O Magazine, Time and More magazines.

If you take the generic version of Zocor or Pravachol to control your cholesterol levels, then they may not be controlling your cholesterol at all. They may be just expensive little nothings you swallow every day. (Yet marijuana, be it medical or not, is still illegal under federal law, unlike alcohol, and considered harmful, a threat, a danger, and all that bullshite hype politicians, and weenie doctors most likely with stock investments of various drug manufacturers, keep blabbing about, showing their lack of ethics, lack of honesty, and lack of integrity.)

Generic versions of these two drugs, manufactured at a plant in India (yes, India, not China this time) are now being rejected by the FDA because the company that manufactures them, Ranbaxy Laboratories in Paonta Sahib, India, has been found to be falsifying its test data. That means, they tested the products, found problems, then reported the drugs as good-to-distribute and sell anyway. (Yet marijuana, be it medical or not, is still illegal under federal law, unlike alcohol, and considered harmful, a threat, a danger, and all that bullshite hype politicians, and weenie doctors most likely with stock investments of various drug manufacturers, keep blabbing about, showing their lack of ethics, lack of honesty, and lack of integrity.)

It's not the first time there's been a problem with drugs from this plant. The FDA closed down manufacturing lines for 30 other drugs last year. (Yet marijuana, be it medical or not, is still illegal under federal law, unlike alcohol, and considered harmful, a threat, a danger, and all that bullshite hype politicians, and weenie doctors most likely with stock investments of various drug manufacturers, keep blabbing about, showing their lack of ethics, lack of honesty, and lack of integrity.)

One of the things that keeps me awake at night are these drugs that are manufactured overseas. We've heard about problem drugs being brought into the United States before, sometimes counterfeit, sometimes just substandard manufacturing, but dangerous all the same. Lives have been lost. (Yet marijuana, be it medical or not, is still illegal under federal law, unlike alcohol, and considered harmful, a threat, a danger, and all that bullshite hype politicians, and weenie doctors most likely with stock investments of various drug manufacturers, keep blabbing about, showing their lack of ethics, lack of honesty, and lack of integrity.)

And then there have been the recalls for several weight loss drugs . They aren't just badly manufactured. They have made people sick and some have even died. (Yet marijuana, be it medical or not, is still illegal under federal law, unlike alcohol, and considered harmful, a threat, a danger, and all that bullshite hype politicians, and weenie doctors most likely with stock investments of various drug manufacturers, keep blabbing about, showing their lack of ethics, lack of honesty, and lack of integrity.)

Here's a good example: * the entire world's supply of the antidote to Anthrax is not only manufactured in China, but is all stored in China, too. So what happens if China gets ticked off at the US or any of the rest of the world? (Yet marijuana, be it medical or not, is still illegal under federal law, unlike alcohol, and considered harmful, a threat, a danger, and all that bullshite hype politicians, and weenie doctors most likely with stock investments of various drug manufacturers, keep blabbing about, showing their lack of ethics, lack of honesty, and lack of integrity.)

The FDA has caught these problems at Ranbaxy Labs in India. They have caught others. But they care finding only a fraction of the real violations.

(Yet marijuana, be it medical or not, is still illegal under federal law, unlike alcohol, and considered harmful, a threat, a danger, and all that bullshite hype politicians, and weenie doctors most likely with stock investments of various drug manufacturers, keep blabbing about, showing their lack of ethics, lack of honesty, and lack of integrity.)

How can we patients protect ourselves? There are some steps we can take to protect ourselves from substandard and counterfeit drugs. (Yet marijuana, be it medical or not, is still illegal under federal law, unlike alcohol, and considered harmful, a threat, a danger, and all that bullshite hype politicians, and weenie doctors most likely with stock investments of various drug manufacturers, keep blabbing about, showing their lack of ethics, lack of honesty, and lack of integrity.)

Unfortunately, we can't catch them, and avoid taking them completely. Scary thought. (Yet marijuana, be it medical or not, is still illegal under federal law, unlike alcohol, and considered harmful, a threat, a danger, and all that bullshite hype politicians, and weenie doctors most likely with stock investments of various drug manufacturers, keep blabbing about, showing their lack of ethics, lack of honesty, and lack of integrity.)

* about Cipro, an antidote to Anthrax - Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride Tablets [2010-07-30] [Province:Jiangsu, China], but you can see the many manufacturers of Cipro in China by clicking here Cipro Anthrax Antidote manufacturers

China...one of the world's leading human right violating sickies with their lengthy proven track record of unspeakable acts against humanity, that the federal government allows the importing of their garbage junkie and unsafe crap. They try to kill people outside of China, to include the U.S., with their poison and toxic toothpaste, poisoned pet food, lead crayons, the dollar store cheese graters that contained recycled radioactive metal contaminates, toys (the toy laced with a date rape drug around 2007), and, of course, their well known practice of something called organ harvesting, which is any day, any time, any place, and for no reason you get ripped off of the street,your organs taken then sold to the highest bidder world wide. It's a form of murder. They also need no reason to arrest and torture you. That's who we allow to manufacture medicinal Cipro from, while that same federal government has the audacity to rule that medical marijuana is still illegal under federal law.

Now, just in case the above given link showing all of the Cipro manufacturers in China is no longer available, I'm going to copy and paste the pertinent Cipro manufacturing locations in China:

Jiangsu Sainty Handsome Co., Ltd. [Province:Jiangsu, China]

Kelun Pharmaceutical [Province:Sichuan, China]

Anhui BBCA Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Anhui, China]

All Pro Corporation [Province:Shandong, China]

Shandong Liangzou Mineral Industry Group Company [Province:Shandong, China]

Fraken Biochem Co., Ltd. [Province:Shandong, China]

Topsun International Group Co., Ltd. [Province:Jiangsu, China]

Qingdao Oriental Tongxiang Trading Co., Ltd. [Province:Shandong, China]

FarmaSino Pharmaceuticals (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd. [Province:Jiangsu, China]

Ningbo Pangs Chem Int'l Co., Ltd. [Province:Zhejiang, China]

Okeda Chemical Co., Ltd. [Province:Guangdong, China]

Ji'nan Orgachem Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Shandong, China]

Shijiazhuang Tony Animal Husbandry Co., Ltd. [Province:Hebei, China]

Shandong Three Star Pharm Co., Ltd. [Province:Shandong, China]

Xiamen Top Health Biochem Tech. Co., Ltd. [Province:Fujian, China]

Zhejiang Jingxin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Zhejiang, China]

Shijiazhuang No. 4 Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Hebei, China]

Hebei Jiheng (Group) Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Hebei, China]

Binhai Golden Hilen Medicine Chemistry Co., Ltd. [Province:Jiangsu, China]

Zhejiang Jingxin Pharmamceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Zhejiang, China]

Shijiazhuang No.4 Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd [Province:Hebei, China]

Jiangxi Dongxu Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. [Province:Jiangxi, China]

Nantong Sudong Chemical Factory [Province:Jiangsu, China]

Sino Tau Intl Co., Ltd. [Province:Beijing, China]

Zmc Pharma Co., Ltd. [Province:Zhejiang, China]

The Sinder Technology Group [Province:Shandong, China]

A & Z Feed Additives Co., Ltd. [Province:Zhejiang, China]

Shanghai AZ Import & Export Co., Ltd. [Province:Zhejiang, China]

Shijiazhuang Taihang Medicines Co., Ltd. [Province:Hebei, China]

China Meheco Corporation [Province:Beijing, China]

Ion Chemicals Co., Limited [Province:Shanghai, China]

Beijing Dingyang Technology Company [Province:Beijing, China]

A & Z Nutraceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Zhejiang, China]

Hubei Zhongjia Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Hubei, China]

Shijiazhuang No. 4 Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Hebei, China]

Tianjin Shengji Group Co., Ltd. [Province:Tianjin, China]

Hubei Zhongjia Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Hubei, China]

Nc Hongbang Industry Co., Ltd. [Province:Jiangxi, China]

Hubei Meibao Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. [Province:Hubei, China]

Nc Hongbang Industry Co., Ltd. [Province:Jiangxi, China]

Hitom Chemicals Co., Ltd. [Province:Zhejiang, China]

BBBY Pharmaceutical [Province:Anhui, China]

Pan-America Co. [Province:Shanghai, China]

Note: there are, AT LEAST, 70, as in seventy, more Cipro manufacturers in China that I didn't have the time to copy and paste but that I could have. However, you get the idea.

Now, how is the federal government making medical marijuana illegal, under federal law, supposed to be respected, taken seriously, or seen as looking out for the best interest of "We the people"?

Furthermore, it is extremely obvious, in this day and age, especially with the technology and incorporation of MASS MEDIA, that lies and bullshite are simply not as easy to cover up and hide from "We the people" like they could 20 years ago and further. Information is accessible, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and thankfully there are still some good, decent people who whistle blow and leak vital information.

Sb

You're very kind, and I thank you. I see the original post on this thread, but if you wish to find it where I found it, just Google "Why is Marijuana Illegal?

Top 7 Reasons" and it should show itself after hitting "Search".

1337Gr33n did an awesome feedback. These are things I am hoping for because people are going to stop by to study, read, learn, if nothing else then from curiosity and food-for-thought. Also, it can be more awareness for people already members of this forum. Learning is a never ending process, for everyone. Many of us can learn so much from one another.

Further, it was probably his medicinal use of marijuana that allowed him to elaborately and thoroughly contribute to this subject matter.

1337Gr33n thanks. I still don't know why I couldn't find that post. I know when the site crashed some posts didn't get stored, all I know is I can't find it.

Jennifer8 Thanks for this thread. It's so sad how they all seem to have us cornered but someday we'll win, we're making progress. I am so tired of all the bs going on, there's been a war on natural remedies for decades, not just on Mj. I don't believe in the pharma drugs anymore, but I don't deny a person's right to choose them, yet I'm fighting to keep the right to use the natural remedies which have been helping me heal. I shouldn't have to ask permission to use MM. This society is so backwards in its so-called values, we're still in the Dark Ages, despite any so-called progress. They ruin everything they touch, what they don't realize is, they're hurting themselves, too.

I'm so sad for this world.

Sb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._Anslinger#The_campaign_against_marijuana_1930-1937 type this into your computer IF YOU WANT THE TRUTH !!!!!!!!or is it all a conspiracy to defraud the american public into believing the load of shite they're shoveling DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE Y'ALLLLLLLLLL take this harry anslinger. :notfair: :jipo: :jipo: :jipo: :jipo:

a smoked mj EVERY DAY for 3-1/2 years (not that this is unusual amongst present company, but just to show i smoked a substantial amount of bud consistently for a substantial amount of time).

i applied for a job for which i needed to test clean and remain clean. i smoked the rest of my sack and quit, not smoking again for 5 years, when i found some bud in my dad's cornfield, which i couldn't pass up.

my point being, i smoked for a period of time which should have "addicted" me, if possible. it didn't. i quit cold turkey, no problem.

mj isn't addictive physically. it may be slightly addictive mentally, in that you may not be able to stop thinking about how bored you are when not smoking it, though lol

you can't say that about cigarettes, you can't say that about alcohol; both of which are legal. when i quit smoking, i could have killed someone most days, and was NEVER able to quit smoking cigs as easily as quitting pot.

Archived