Done With Mt.pleasant!

jacklash69

lol complaining about the product you paid for is your own fault don't complain to others about it.

i mean cmon when i was 19 and received a duffel bag with about 10 kilo;s of grass and only 5 of the kilo's where actually green whos fault was that ? mine!!! for not unwraping the other 5 when i picked them up.

Did you learn a lesson ? did it cost you a few dollars ok GOOD no BIGGIE then. But wheres my customer support for my swag i bought years back. You people should be happy you get to look at your bunny muffin in a store front legaly now vs having some guy pass it off in a parking lot on a quick meet.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol complaining about the product you paid for is your own fault don't complain to others about it.

i mean cmon when i was 19 and received a duffel bag with about 10 kilo;s of grass and only 5 of the kilo's where actually green whos fault was that ? mine!!! for not unwraping the other 5 when i picked them up.

Did you learn a lesson ? did it cost you a few dollars ok GOOD no BIGGIE then. But wheres my customer support for my swag i bought years back. You people should be happy you get to look at your bunny muffin in a store front legaly now vs having some guy pass it off in a parking lot on a quick meet.

This is legal now,thats a big different, and this dispenses are opening to help the sick, Not rob the sick..chargeing all that money bragging on how much they make, ask for donations for attorneys, buying new cars, asking for donatons on gas money..Thats Wrong, or being a cregiver for patients and selling there meds through the dispens, and patients going with out..Thats wrong wrong wrong wrong..They should be shut down..

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Grow your own if possible only then will you be truly happy with what your smoking . :thumbsu:

+rep (and teach everyone you meet to grow and cure.)

1T

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Speaking on behalf of the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club, your statement here is untrue MayorHerb. For one, the club director has not, to my knowledge ever stated that he only wants people to obtain meds through the store. He has always mentioned at all meetings for patients and caregivers to connect with each other for the purpose of trading and exchanging ideas and information. CA is a completely separate entity from the club. I will also note that I have no stake in CA what so ever. My loyalty lies with patients, caregivers, and the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club.

Secondly, there are very concrete reasons as to why the club does not currently allow medicating at meetings and trading of meds. I have mentioned this several times at the meetings. The meetings are held in public places where there is not a place to use or trade meds. We would be more than happy to allow trading meds/clones at meetings. However, where can we have a meeting of this sort? The club does not have the funds to pay rent on our own building and no one has yet offered a private location for our use. We only get about $25 in donations at each meeting. Do you think that is enough to pay rent? Additionally, we even tried to get a fundraising committee together to help raise more funds for the purpose of helping people who can not afford to pay for recommendations and the fee to the state. Nobody has really offered any help, not even you. The most you have offered the club is complaints of how we are not doing right by you, or meeting your needs. You may not know this but it is I and the director that has done everything completely out of our pocket. All donations received to date have not been spent. Neither I nor the director has reimbursed ourselves for the expenses of ink and paper, website fees, travel expenses and so forth and we don't plan to either. The club is in great need of assistance, not complaints. It would really help if people would be more proactive rather than reactive. To be more helpful rather than hurtful. So many have said they know someone that would do T-shirts and such, you are one of them. All I asked for was contact information, maybe a price list and list of available items. That was months ago, and I have yet to receive any information back from you much less anyone else.

I have attempted to contact the director of the Clare club several times and he will not reply. My vision is for our clubs to work together for the benefit of the people of central/northern Michigan. It would really be nice if we all could work together rather than become further apart through wild accusations and BS.

In conclusion, the club will only be what we all, as a group make of it. We are trying, but the director and myself can't do it all. Try to put your self in my shoes, just for a moment. I work full time, go to school part time, and have to manage a household and family. I am not able to make phone calls on behalf of the club while I am at work, and so far have not been able to find anyone to volunteer to do so on behalf of the club. On a good note, we have been working with Dr. Bob Townsend to do certifications in the Mt. Pleasant area. In fact, the next clinic will be before and during the next meeting on Thursday August 19.

+++++ Rep Very good post and kudos for the professional response. The cannabis community needs more professionals like this, the "pothead" image needs to be put to rest once and for all.

1T

you wasnt purchaseing expeirence, you was purchaseing medication. 20.00 a gram X 6 =$120.00 from a patient. You realy should bring this up to them so they can take care of it Annie. Use to be we couldnt compalin.Now we are leagal we can.

used to be we couldnt complain? bunny muffin I complained if i didnt get what i was supposed to, and they took it back, willingly or unwillingly either way they got it back and i got my cash back!

I dont let peeps phaq with me!

OH now the rest of you , or the few that bitched about big R, hey some times we have to learn things the hard way! I know lots of peeps in w.b that have bad mouthed him to me including his family!

some people just cant be trusted, Im sure we all know a few of them kinda people and the best thing to do is avoid them, no room for hate here, it takes up to much of my energy, Id rather save that energy for better uses!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I dont get this. Over the past 40 years I've bought meds in CA, TX, MI, IL, NY, NJ, Fl, maybe one or two others in the US. I always got to see the product, fondle it, smell it, and try it before I purchased AND I always walked with the bag the product I sampled came from. If the incompetence, trick or treat, bait & switch issues described here is what legal is all about, bring back prohibition. At least, you dealt with a better class of suppliers.

JMHO

Everyone was ranting and raving about this place a few months ago...what happened?

You are right, and i was one of them people..What changed is greed,yes i said greed.When the ca first open it was suppose to be for the people..Well it has changed..They are selling meds of any sort for the there profit..I know a cpl people that had broguth moldy weed there,theyacted like they didnt see the mold he said and they sold him a locker.then it is cargivers with patienst under there names, and only allowing patients to get there meds through his store..Wrong. then there is he is bragging about all the money he is making and buying a new car..Then ask the sick people for donations for there attorney..Then there is the jar asking for donations for gas, after they are bragging bout all the money they are making.Brandon runs the Mt.Plesant compassion club..ANd at the meetings he was braggiing bout all the money they are making..The Mt.p club isnt getting off the ground..they are asking for donations,this and that..DO you see the c.a offering any finacia help for HIS own club? Hell no he is wanting all of the people to pay for all that also..I use to be a regular at the Mt.Pleasant meetings.One reason wsa cause i thought we was ALL on same page, you know like getting a building,havine meetings,private meetings..But do you see Brandon throwing any money or time for that? HELL no..So who is for the club?I brought people every week..WE NOW GO TO www.clarecountycompassionclub.ning..this group is for the people..WE have helped HUNDREDS so far..Either getting there cards,finding a dr. ,finding meds at affordable prices..And at the Mt.Pleasant meeting the last cpl times we was there..During one of them meetings a person asked about the clubs down state, and bout the Mt.pleasant club being more like there( private meetings,medicateing after meetins, buy sell trade at meetings,Brandon said HE did not want that for the club.AND after the meetings he allwasy lets every one know he WILL open the store for them..SO if you realy believe in your club Brandon, why are you not help funding it through your CA? What have you donated BACK to the comunity? From what i been hearing people are getting tired of the ca..I would hioghly suggest if you want to remain open.YOU BETTER CHANGE YOUR WAYS THERE>>>I cant not even geet any one to go to the mt.p meetings any more..BUT i can say it has helped the Clare club Grow..There was alot of people yesterday just BITCHING bout the ca..not good..People hoping it is shut down..I think they are good to have if ran properly..NOT RIPPING OFF PATIENTS WITH BAD MEDS...i HAVE BEEN A SUPPORTER SINCE THE MT.P CLUB OPENED,USE TO,uNTIL THERE MOTIVES CHANGED..i AM TRYING TO TELL EVERY ONE.THE BEST WAY IS TO GROW YOUR OWN..anD IF YOU ARE NOT SURE..COME TO clare meetings .and we will help you with what we can,rather it is equip[ment,meds, help, or just some place to meet nice people..

About a month ago, I tried the

Master Kush

J.K. Cinderella

White Widow $15

White Widow $20

Skunk #1

.....probably more, but I forgot. lol

All of it was very dry, not one seed, center stem dry, and very tasty.

All of it was better than the $35 - $40 a 1/4oz. stuff we all have tried, and is always around.

It was on par with the $200oz. Saginaw stuff I have obtained for my Patient, often.

I realized that my better stuff I grew, Nirvana's 'mystery seed', that another cardholder swears is Northern Lights, or a Northern Lights cross, rivaled the $20g stuff from Mt. Pleasant. That was a nice revelation about my first grow.

I have posted this before: I feel that this store is a great place to try a bunch of different flavors. It is not cheap, but you can compare strains side by side. Decide what you want to grow at home, or have your Caregiver grow for you. Great place to go for a treat. Great place to go if you are out for a few days. Most people are smart enough to not consider any Dispensary their only source of Meds. Most people cannot afford meds at $560oz. Well, my Patient and I can't.

I think some of the problem is their sources, the 'Independent Farmers'. Maybe the Dispensary needs to "check" it out better when it comes in. lol. If it's as wet as you say, it wouldn't stay lit in a joint. Easy to check that when it arrives at the store.

Until I have problems, I will continue to tell people to try it out, and see what works for your Medical condition.

Peace.

It would be a great place for patients to try different strains to see what will work for you..But how do you know if they are moldy,short on a bag, or better yet, like my friend got 7 grams at 20.00 a g.When she got her and opened it it was all shake.LOOked like some one had a male plant and they cleaned all the stems and seeds and sold it. when i contacted the CA bout making it right.ALl i got was a bunch of bull sh.i.t from Brandon They was wrong..ANY one in bussiness knows cusomers are all ways right..They have lost alot of customers and respect in the medical marijuana commuinity.over what ? i will tell you GREED..seen in many times.

Ya know what theyre no good, I'm the one who satrted this thread beacuse THEY RIPPED MY WIFE OFF- RIPPED HER OFF Now, isnt Karma a complain.They seen a woman who didnt know better and STOLE HER MONEY AND SOLD HER MEDS THAT WERE, SHORT ON COUNT, MOLDY AND UNDRIED LET ALONE CURED.Brandon is a theif and guess what what comes around goes around CA ARE CROOKS OH WAIT LETS TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE.....THEY WERE WILLING TO BUY MY WIFES OVERAGES AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION, NOT AT THE STORE NOW BOY U GUYS KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN PERIOD YOU CANT SCAM PEOPLE AND EXPECT TO BE A HERO AND ALSO YOU DONT SEE THEM ON HERE DEFENDING SHYTE DO YA

I dont get this. Over the past 40 years I've bought meds in CA, TX, MI, IL, NY, NJ, Fl, maybe one or two others in the US. I always got to see the product, fondle it, smell it, and try it before I purchased AND I always walked with the bag the product I sampled came from. If the incompetence, trick or treat, bait & switch issues described here is what legal is all about, bring back prohibition. At least, you dealt with a better class of suppliers.

JMHO

great business eh? they dont let you see what your getting people who in the hell buys meds without getting to see them first? wHY WOULD YOU NOT LET PEOPLE SEE WHAT THEY HAVE BOUGHT UNTIL THEY LEAVE? BECAUSE WHAT IS IN THE BAG IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU WERE SHOWN PERIOD SCAMMERS

great business eh? they dont let you see what your getting people who in the hell buys meds without getting to see them first? wHY WOULD YOU NOT LET PEOPLE SEE WHAT THEY HAVE BOUGHT UNTIL THEY LEAVE? BECAUSE WHAT IS IN THE BAG IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU WERE SHOWN PERIOD SCAMMERS

I can feel your anger 'jacklash69'

and i can understand where your coming from ....

I know someone that takes their overages there ...

They buy it for ALOT MORE then i would pay for them ...

Then resale it for a profit ....

If their Meds are worth that kind of Money ,

Then My Meds are worth around $800 an Oz ......... LoL

Word of mouth is the best form of advertisement ...

I think many things in Life we have to Learn to Hard Way ...

That's why Compassion Clubs are very Important and their

Members ... If a Compassion Club is ran correctly there

is No Need for a Dispensary .... PERIOD

Personally i love the apothacary.. prices high? YES.. Product unpredictable? Sometimes.. But from the posts i am reading and the comments i have been hearing.. the town has a cc and a dispensary run by the same person. And patients are directed to the dispensary instead of how clubs would run in towns without a dispensary. Could someone clarify this for us?

Guest finallyfree09

i won't go back simply because of prices. i know i know... buyer beware and all that but lets face it. there is no cannabis on the planet worth more than $250/oz, i don't care what anybody says. i have tried several different kinds of meds at ca and another dispensary in wexford county and feel that nothing was worth what i paid.

i have a friend that REALLY knows what he is doing, outside of course, and i have yet to have ANY meds that are better than his. his stuff will literally knock you down and kick you around. the dude at the "dispensary" in wexford would only give him $100/oz for it... sight unseen, not one taste either. THE GUY WILL TURN AROUND AND SELL IT FOR $400-500/OZ!!!

something smells fishy. as for now... i believe that i am DONE with dispensaries. just a bunch of guys trying to get rich on the backs of sick people. private clubs and are the way to go if you don't have a caregiver.

i won't go back simply because of prices. i know i know... buyer beware and all that but lets face it. there is no cannabis on the planet worth more than $250/oz, i don't care what anybody says. i have tried several different kinds of meds at ca and another dispensary in wexford county and feel that nothing was worth what i paid.

i have a friend that REALLY knows what he is doing, outside of course, and i have yet to have ANY meds that are better than his. his stuff will literally knock you down and kick you around. the dude at the "dispensary" in wexford would only give him $100/oz for it... sight unseen, not one taste either. THE GUY WILL TURN AROUND AND SELL IT FOR $400-500/OZ!!!

something smells fishy. as for now... i believe that i am DONE with dispensaries. just a bunch of guys trying to get rich on the backs of sick people. private clubs and are the way to go if you don't have a caregiver.

Amen brother

Thats exactly how they roll there Annie, seen that coming before it even opened when I heard the guy who owns the coffee shop is opening a "dispensary" or compassion center or whatever they are calling it.

When they opened it was actually looking to be a decent place, they had meds that they grew themselves and sold for $10 per gram, it was ok meds, you could tell it was first time growers but better than nothing. That sold out ( no pun intended )really quick and then they seen how much MORE they could be charging (double) and quickly changed their pricing.

Someday the market will be flooded and prices will come down and then the true quality your looking for will start to show up.

Personally i love the apothacary.. prices high? YES.. Product unpredictable? Sometimes.. But from the posts i am reading and the comments i have been hearing.. the town has a cc and a dispensary run by the same person. And patients are directed to the dispensary instead of how clubs would run in towns without a dispensary. Could someone clarify this for us?

Annie i like the idea of a dispense also,wondering why the owner of the store ,which runs the Compassion club, Why he hasnt he taken some of that pile of money and donated to his Club? like renting a palce to host his meetings, could right them off on taxes as donations, only good bussinees smarts there, but If the compassion club this person is heading ment ANY THING to him.He would reach into HIS pocket and help the patients that been help filling his pockets..Be compassionet,help them that helped you. And yes i seen the last few times i was at the meetings, he would say "after the meeting i am going to open the STORE just for you guys" No for your pocket..like i said you can use a tax break i am sure with ALL the money you are making..

So what happens with newbies? they cant go to the dispensary because they dont have a card.. are they sol?

Yes, but that is where the clubs have to come and help..Thats why i encourage all to get involved ina compassion club.go to one ,2 ,3 or how ever many ..but go get involved..Most Clubs will exccept paper work.

There is a small dispense just out side of Clare takeing back way to Mt>p small one but there prices are fair..13.00 to 17.00 i think..So as long as they pop up or compassion clubs grow..some might be forced to go to Mt.p for there meds..

Mod combined posts

As Executive Director of the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club I am compelled to respond to the recent accusations brought up about our organization. The Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club is a registered Michigan non-profit organization, not a dispensary. Your recent comments MayorHerb deeply disturb me. Not just in the name bashing of the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club, but towards the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community as a whole.

I see that you are now listed as a club organizer. As a club organizer that is very irresponsible and disappointing behavior in my opinion. I believe that someone in that position is supposed to set a standard of good behavior not promote gossip and throw out false accusations, which only causes damage. I believe in much of your recent discussion on this thread, you are going by assumptions and not facts. I feel that is a very dangerous and harmful attitude.

Would it not be more practical to promote your club without making negative statements, which leads to rumors, about another club? In my opinion, people in the background reading this thread, are getting a negative impression about compassion clubs as a whole, also, being given a false impression about the Mt. Pleasant CC.

The Mt. Pleasant CC belongs to the people, not one person. Now that you have been made aware that I am the Executive Director of the Mt. Pleasant CC, I certainly hope you do not start calling it GrowGoddess's club.

Not that I need to explain, but I will. Soon after Compassionate Apothecary in Mt. Pleasant opened, I brought it to Brandon's attention that there might be a conflict of interest, or at least people may get that impression of him being not only the director of the cc but also part owner of the dispensary. All of the club officers were in agreement that a role change was in order, without hesitation, Brandon stepped down as Executive Director and I took his place. That alone showed me truth and honesty toward the essence of the club. This change of leadership makes sense in that I am not affiliated with the CA dispensary, or any other dispensary what so ever.

I would appreciate it if you would, as we previously discussed earlier in this thread, please stop combining the CA dispensary with the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club. They are separate entities.

As long as I am Executive Director of the Mt. Pleasant CC, I pledge to always be for the people of our community and to stay 100% non-profit. As long as I am Director, I promise to never financially profit from the club. I do what I do for the people, straight from the heart. Helping people is all the satisfaction I need.

I am sorry that the Mt. Pleasant CC is not what you desire for a club, a place to hang out and medicate. My concern is for the well being of the people who come to the meetings. I do not wish to put anyone in harms way. When law enforcement becomes more relaxed about medical marijuana, maybe then I can find it within myself to be more comfortable with offering special meetings where medicating is available.

The Mt. Pleasant CC is holding the monthly meeting Thursday, October 21, 2010, 6:30 pm at Biggby Coffee located at the corner of Mission and Michigan Streets in Mt. Pleasant. We welcome all who wish to attend.

As Executive Director of the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club I am compelled to respond to the recent accusations brought up about our organization. The Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club is a registered Michigan non-profit organization, not a dispensary. Your recent comments MayorHerb deeply disturb me. Not just in the name bashing of the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club, but towards the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community as a whole.

I see that you are now listed as a club organizer. As a club organizer that is very irresponsible and disappointing behavior in my opinion. I believe that someone in that position is supposed to set a standard of good behavior not promote gossip and throw out false accusations, which only causes damage. I believe in much of your recent discussion on this thread, you are going by assumptions and not facts. I feel that is a very dangerous and harmful attitude.

Would it not be more practical to promote your club without making negative statements, which leads to rumors, about another club? In my opinion, people in the background reading this thread, are getting a negative impression about compassion clubs as a whole, also, being given a false impression about the Mt. Pleasant CC.

The Mt. Pleasant CC belongs to the people, not one person. Now that you have been made aware that I am the Executive Director of the Mt. Pleasant CC, I certainly hope you do not start calling it GrowGoddess's club.

Not that I need to explain, but I will. Soon after Compassionate Apothecary in Mt. Pleasant opened, I brought it to Brandon's attention that there might be a conflict of interest, or at least people may get that impression of him being not only the director of the cc but also part owner of the dispensary. All of the club officers were in agreement that a role change was in order, without hesitation, Brandon stepped down as Executive Director and I took his place. That alone showed me truth and honesty toward the essence of the club. This change of leadership makes sense in that I am not affiliated with the CA dispensary, or any other dispensary what so ever.

I would appreciate it if you would, as we previously discussed earlier in this thread, please stop combining the CA dispensary with the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club. They are separate entities.

As long as I am Executive Director of the Mt. Pleasant CC, I pledge to always be for the people of our community and to stay 100% non-profit. As long as I am Director, I promise to never financially profit from the club. I do what I do for the people, straight from the heart. Helping people is all the satisfaction I need.

I am sorry that the Mt. Pleasant CC is not what you desire for a club, a place to hang out and medicate. My concern is for the well being of the people who come to the meetings. I do not wish to put anyone in harms way. When law enforcement becomes more relaxed about medical marijuana, maybe then I can find it within myself to be more comfortable with offering special meetings where medicating is available.

The Mt. Pleasant CC is holding the monthly meeting Thursday, October 21, 2010, 6:30 pm at Biggby Coffee located at the corner of Mission and Michigan Streets in Mt. Pleasant. We welcome all who wish to attend.

Why was this only directed at me? there are a lot of others talking..I know the club is suppose to be seperate..As far as things go with the dispense has nothing to do with the club..and as far as the meetings brandons the one that brings up during the meetings his stores bussiness.so there for it makes it club bussiness which last i knew is open to public just like ours.and during the meetings he is promoting his bussiness.time in place for that..I never said you made any money any wheres..You had never came up in any of my convos,Maybe you should come to Clare meeting and hear what the peole ahve to say not me..We tried to get the members from your club to visit ours.NOT one did.But we brought peopleall the time..We tried.I use to bring and send people to the dispense all the time..i still do..i just warn them about the things that have happened to others.I Have seen this..I go to a few different clubs and socialize, i try to bring clubs together..I liked mt.p club..If you remember i was one of the first people going and recruiting people.Dont think you was around yet at that time.been to a few rallies and never recieved any thing.well free lunch thanks bigdaddys compassion club for being so friendly..Cereal City,Battle creek,hougton lake..I have gave away clones ,meds when i was about out.i have helped hundreds get there cards.Helped alot get grow rooms up and running..others find safe and affordable meds..and recieved nothing..Wrong is wrong and right is right..I will end all this now,in time colors will appear.

One more thing, alot of the people i have sent there have had issues unresolved..I supported the dispense 120percent in the begining.

I feel your pain, however:

Nobody makes you shop there, you go of your own free will.... and maybe curiosity.

Like any other store, if you don't like what you are getting for your money, you don't go back. You may or may not give a store a second chance. That is your choice.

If you feel you could put together a better dispensary, go for it. They stuck their necks out, and went for it. If there was more free market competition, the prices would drop. How far is up to the free market system.

I do not know any Patient or Caregiver who goes to Mt. Pleasant for their regular supply. People I have met, at the meetings in: Saginaw, Bay City, Mt. Pleasant, Clare, and Houghton Lake. Everyone I know uses the place as a "strain tester" or as a "treat" away from their regular strain(s). I, myself, and some my card carrying buddies have gone there and between a number of us, bought every strain on the menu. Then we were able to do some side by side comparisons, and make better choices for our Patients and ourselves. I can't afford $20 a gram, but I do at least once a month, if nothing else, to have my Patient and I try that special or new strain we heard or read about. It is a treat for me. Kind of like packing leftovers for lunch, and then not feeling guilty about hitting the Chinese buffet once a month.

Is it over priced ? Perhaps. Yes, maybe. But, it's the only place within driving range. Because of that, I am willing to pay a little extra. But good grief, not on a regular basis. You can grow your meds yourself, or find a Caregiver that is in your price range. Pretty simple.

Is it "mean" or "wrong" to charge what they charge. Nope. They have rent, utilities, and other overhead bills. Then, like any business, there is that dirty thing called "profit margin". This is America, and is how business is done.

Start your own store, and aim for lower prices. Grow it for your Patient, and about give it to them. Grow it for yourself, and only pay actual costs. So many options, that I grow tired of people who would prefer to have more "Whine with their cheese". Complain all you want, but if you want change, then change things.

I wish they had free meds or $5/gr. That would be cool. Maybe instead of just complaining or wishing, you make some new friends at a meeting. Our country was not started by bitchers and moaners, but, by people who figured out what they wanted, and then did the work to make it happen.

Brandon is a hero, not a villian. Hats off to those who grow a pair and bust a move. You should try it.

Archived