Rippers Strike Again!

Kingdiamond

Medical marijuana stolen in Temperance

More than $10,000 worth of items, including medical marijuana, was reported taken from Temperance home last week.

The homeowner reported jewelry, a Hewlett Packard computer, wine, a gun and ammunition were taken from the home in the 8800 block of Crabb Rd.

The female homeowner has a state-issued license to grow marijuana for medical purposes. The marijuana, which was growing in the basement, was valued at $6,000.

The burglary took place between July 30 and July 31 when the family was out of town, Monroe County Sheriff’s Office reports said.

The home was protected with a security system, which did not activate during the break-in, the report said. The deputy on scene did not find signs of forced entry.

Although no suspects have been identified, the victim said she suspects the ex-boyfriend of a former roommate might be to blame.

That totally sucks, I am not too far from temperance. I bet most breakins that end up with marijuanna are someone you know or someone that got told by someone you know :( I am keeping pretty quiet and gonna have cameras,alarms, dogs and you will have to go thru several doors to get to my grow. I feel bad for her and hope the boy friend is totally out of the picture

#1 rule of growing, Dont let anyone know you're doing it.

#2 rule of growing, Follow rule #1

+a million!

You knowing that YOU grow is already 1 too many.

also, and this one always gets me, is don't advertise that you smoke it.

if you had a thousand dollar bill in your pocket (don't know if there is such a thing, but for argument's sake), you wouldn't wear a sign pointing to your pocket that said you had a thousand dollar bill in your pocket. are the pot leaf hats, t-shirts, pants and shoes, gold medallions and ear rings necessary? is being discreet a thing of the past?

Telling everyone who will listen that your legal is a recipe for disaster Ive already had crime stoppers called on me by 1 who learned through another i trusted with my life that i was legal and growing .

He gave them my description my address the fact that i had 2 big dogs etc and said i was growing and my neighbor was selling my medicine out of his house since then even that BIG MOUTHED friend believes i have a caregiver and i no longer grow which is how i prefer it to stay i could give a darn about the cannabis i don't want any harm coming to me or my family over 12 plants.

Guest Marywanna

All CGs and pts need to SHUT UP about their status and not tell ANYBODY you don't trust completely....including your Dr. If he is not MMJ freindly,you are screwed if you tell him.When I first got my card last year,I was all happy and wanted to tell everybody I was FREE!!! Then all my freinds started hounding me to get meds for them. Now I don't tell anyone,and told the ones I DID tell that I did not re-apply this year due to $$ issues. Now for some reason,those "freinds" don't call anymore. GOOD. :thumbsu:

I agree that rule #1 is don't tell anyone you don't have too. But we all know how hard it is for some people to keep a secret.

There was a member of orignized crime, actually he was the boss of New Orleans, that had a sign on the wall of his office which read "Three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead". Point taken!

Also, I agree with Phil78 about not advertising. I know that a lot of people want to show their support for the movement, but it sends a double message.

This is where things get hazy though. I haven't told ANYBODY ('cept all you) that I have a card. My hubby and immediate fam know and that's it - not even my closests friends. For all they know, I'm still breaking the law. It seems to me that this is the right way to go about things. Keep it to yourself and you keep out of trouble - period. How do you explain going to all these protests then? By protesting for the "cause" you are not only telling everybody you have a card, you are also telling them that you are a "troublemaker" (in their eyes) and that makes you a more likely target for raids, theft, whatever. Any thoughts?

63% of my neighbor's who care enough to vote supported my new rights and I should hide in shame in response? Me thinks not!

In the words of Ron White "You can't fix stupid!"

We are hearing more and more of these all the time. It really sucks. I do see an opportunity for a bonded and licensed security and surveillance company to be the marijuana friendly company.

This is a fabulous idea. I'm a little suprised that I haven't seen anybody advertising such services. They'd have a lot of business.

Archived