Security?

tooldini

I want to get some cameras and some kinda of security system. I was wondering what others on here use. I want to use wireless infered cameras if I can. Not sure which ones are good. I have tried a couple older ones and cheap ones but they just didn't work to well. Should I go with a security like ADT?

I was looking at something along these lines, when I can afford it. I have been called by ADT a few times over the past couple of months with special offers, just not sure how many folks outside of my home I want knowing where my grow is. Know what I mean?

http://cgi.ebay.com/3x-Wireless-Security-NightVision-Cameras-System-BN-/200504525602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Minards has an kit with 4 wireless cameras and a DVR. The cameras are weather resistant and infrared. The ones on display do a good job with video. From my understanding they do not do 32 frames per second so the video is stop motion kind of thing. The whole thing is under $500. Anyone have this one? If so how does the IR work?

Here is one that will get you by till more $$ comes around

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-channel-surveillance-dvr-with-4-cameras-67139.html?utm_term=67139&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase

$329.00 4 cams and dvr.

Now remember ...get some dummy cams, and a old vcr/dvr. Put up the dummy cams and leave the vcr out where it can be found. Hide the real cams and dvr. And if you can use a "off site storage" for the video. This cost a bit more but if/when leo steals the vcr you will still have the video. Or if rippers steal the system you still have video.

Here is one that will get you by till more $ comes around

http://www.harborfre...urce=googlebase

$329.00 4 cams and dvr.

Now remember ...get some dummy cams, and a old vcr/dvr. Put up the dummy cams and leave the vcr out where it can be found. Hide the real cams and dvr. And if you can use a "off site storage" for the video. This cost a bit more but if/when leo steals the vcr you will still have the video. Or if rippers steal the system you still have video.

remember you get what you pay for... im in the buisness--- pm me for contact info..

I CAN HELP...

thanks guys I was checking this one out on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180500604566&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT . I don't have the money yet but don't wanna spend more than 500.00. I was throwing around the idea of having the images stored on a server somewere else maybe even over seas for safe keeping. the dummy vcr is a good idea.

yes i can after work...

ok ill start slow..

what i'll do for members..

basic 4 channel dvr 300.00

320 gig hard drive 80.00

4 day/night..{inferred} cameras 400.00

installation is extra and by a per case basis

about $800 for good guilty stuff.. i have installed this package over 300 times..

i buy from drop shippers with my business license..

I put the hard drives in myself save's big $

think about it 300 people like it hmmm......

you can buy stuff cheaper i know.... but good luck with that.....

these are good if not great camera for a great price...Rex at gad spot is great... {don't buy the dvs thoe...}

cam..

cam...

in a dvr you want at least 120 fps on a 4 channel dvr...240 on a 8 channel...480 on a 16 channel..

his are lacking on the good stuff... pm me for a good one..ill have to check stock of the people i deal with..

I do small systems and very large

bigger jobs will be referd to my employer....don't have time...

thoughts on this camera?

http://www.myarcherf...archerfish-solo

solo-large_medium.png?1280857297

those things are nothing more that a digi camera with a cell phone in them...

If you like watching still pictures put together to look like video guess its ok..

i have sold something like that to construction areas.... there ok but its not live video...

those things are nothing more that a digi camera with a cell phone in them...

If you like watching still pictures put together to look like video guess its ok..

i have sold something like that to construction areas.... there ok but its not live video...

thieves know to just shine a laser lite in the eye... it screws the motion detector up and no video...

If you like this style check out AXIS cameras. Full pan/tilt/zoom with built in web browsers to watch the real time video. I was playing with one and was able to zoom in and read a piece of paper 30 feet down the hall. I think these are the type they use in Vegas. They are more than a little expensive. I would have put in a link but their site is down for maintenance.

I bought the Bunker-Hill system from Harborfrieght got a real good deal $290 out the door. This system lets you hook up to your computer, making it accessible to view from an off site location. Camera colors leave a little to be desired but they have decent definition and work up to 30 or 40 ft at nite (very clearly). I also have a 4 camera Swann system that has better looking video, but was $500. It has off site storage capabilities. The infrared cameras with the Swann system reach out a little farther than the other but they are 2 times as big. I tried the Swann wireless 4 camera setup first and took it back because the only place I could keep the DVR for the system was by my Internet wireless router and cable box (about 6ft away) and there was terrible interference on the monitor.

thieves know to just shine a laser lite in the eye... it screws the motion detector up and no video...

That's why you hide the cameras. I'll give you 50 bucks if you can find any of my outdoor cameras, buried cables are wonderful, you will have a hard time finding the ones inside too.

Archived